April 2018 Moms

Subchorionic Hematomo/Hemorrhage

I hate to start a new thread, but am looking for others in a similar situation or those of you who've gone through this. I am 7 weeks today.  About 2 weeks ago, I had some brown spotting that was very scant, but lasted for about a week, then cleared up around last Tuesday.  Yesterday (Sunday)  I was talking to my husband and felt something weird, almost like I peed my pants, so I went to the bathroom and immediately noticed tons of bright red blood dripping out at a very rapid pace. I ended up going to the ER (why did this happen on a Sunday, ugh!!!) and was told they found a subchorionic hemorrhage which is considered a threatened miscarriage. The baby was measuring about 6w3d...about 3 days off my prediction, but they said it was fine and the heartbeat was 120, so good.  However, the Dr. couldn't give me any answers about the hematoma, like how big it was in comparison to the gestational sac or where it was located...both of which are important things to know in these situations based on my research. I know there are two ways this thing could go...it could dissolve on its own, or it could grow bigger and create a higher miscarriage risk among other pregnancy risks. As of today, the bleeding has turned into more of a brownish color again. I called my OB first thing this morning and have an appointment at 1:30cst today.  Hoping I can get some clearer answers, but I would love to hear other's stories with similar situations and just to ask for prayers in general.  
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Subchorionic Hematomo/Hemorrhage

• @ngolimento Thank you for the encouragement!  Glad to hear yours turned out well.  I've read conflicting information on bleeding...that it could be caused from the hematoma bleeding out (a good thing) or the bleeding could be caused from the hematoma causing the placenta to separate from the uterine wall (obviously bad). Hopefully the ultrasound this afternoon will show which of these, if either of them, it is. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Just hang in there, momma.  FX everything goes well for you!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had a SCH with DS. I started bleeding bright red. Went to the doctor and ended up on complete bedrest for 3 weeks. It thankfully resolved during bedrest and I have a happy and healthy 2 year old. It's super scary, I know... but actually a very common thing that very often resolves itself (either bleeding it out or reabsorbing.) Rest up and good luck at doctor today!
  • I had a SCH with my last pregnancy. I know usually Dr. google is scary/not your friend but in the case of a SCH, there is a ton of information to say that in the strong majority of cases they do not actually threaten a pregnancy. Mine resolved by 12 weeks and there were no other issues with the pregnancy after that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had this when I was 5 weeks with DS. Bright red bleeding as heavy as a moderate period and horrible menstrual-like cramps. I had 2 weeks of bed rest and pelvic rest throughout all of first trimester and it resolved completely. DS is healthy and happy and everything turned out absolutely fine, the rest of the pregnancy and labor were completely unaffected by it. It's so scary, I know, but hang in there, get tons of rest, and make sure your doc follows up with as many u/s and/or blood draws as they'll do to give you some peace of mind.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't have anything to add but my well wishes and prayers. Please let us know how the u/s goes! 
  • @lindsye  I have been researching a ton and yes, all the positive stories do help.  DH told me to quit reading last night lol, because I couldnt let it go.  I know other people's personal stories don't determine my outcome but going at this blind and ignorant does not help my A type personality at all! 

Thank you all for the well wishes.  FX I'll get good news this afternoon and will let you know how it goes. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @scuba_chic hope your appointment brings good news!
  • @scuba_chic At my u/s last week they found a small sch next to the sac. They weren't too concerned. I just get to wait and see how it goes. I'm sorry you had such scary bleeding. GL at your appointment! 
  • How did it go @scuba_chic?
    Married: May 26, 2012
    Eden: February 8, 2016
    Ivy: April 3, 2018
    Baby 3.0: Due September 26, 2020
  • Are you alright @scuba_chic? Just checking in.
  • @scuba_chic I am glad to hear your appointment went well. Just remember you can find anything on the internet to support negative thoughts! It is so hard to stay away though. I understand.
  • That is great news!  FX all that rest helps!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yay for the good news!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Glad you got good news @scuba_chic !
  • Great news scuba!!
  • Yay great news!!