Options

Check-In Week 8/21

2»

Re: Check-In Week 8/21

• Options
    mrsjcranemrsjcrane member
    edited August 2017
    1. Newish, D&C after MMC at 12 weeks on 7/14

2. CD5, Officially benched. I had a sonohysterogram today that showed two large polyps, which my RE wants out before we start trying again. So he put me on birth control until surgery. I understand why but can't help but think it's a set back. 

3. I was just thinking about how luckily I am to have such a good support system. I went to my appointment today and all my work friends were anxiously waiting for the results of my test. I feel like they are cheering me on in this journey. 

4. I love mojitos! I see several of you in this group like them as well! 
  • Options
    @MrsBunz Ahhhh!!!!  I LOVE IT ALL!!!!  I am even more insanely jealous of your Cricut now!!!!!!
    angry frustrated anchorman regret decision GIF

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MrsBunz I love all the pics.  I want a cricut now!!
  • Options
    MrsBunz LOVE the projects! Now I really want one. 
  • Options
    @mrsjcrane I'm sorry about the polyps. It sucks to have to wait. 
    @dpjennifer I'm sorry about the weight fluctuation but fx it is temporary. What a terrible dream. 
    @leahcimmichael The cycle after my first loss we were ttc again and I was driving somewhere and I saw a double rainbow and became convinced I would get ku with twins that cycle because the double rainbow meant double rainbow babies. The combo of loss and ttc does weird stuff to all of us. 
    @jchpg That sucks your dr forgot her own recommendation. 

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): 
    Not exactly new but have not checked in here in a while (frequently on TTGP). I am 35 and we have been ttc#1 since March. I had an mmc in mid-June and just had a CP this past week. 
    2. Status? WTO and trying to decide how hard we're going to try this cycle. 
    3. R/R? I have been googling mc statistics all week and every article/website says something different. Specifically I am trying to figure out what the risk is at this point being over 35, no live births, and back to back losses, because frankly if the stats say that it is more likely we'll lose a pregnancy than keep it at this point we may just TTA until our first RE consult in mid-September. Does anyone know a good resource on this? I've read anywhere from a 25 - 60% risk of loss. That really high % actually came from some material on our new RE's website. 
    4. GTKY: What is your go-to alcohol choice? Wine? Beer? Hard liquor? or Abstain? Bourbon. But I also like white wine. I don't drink much anymore, I made a no booze on weeknights rule for myself in January of this year and on the weekend will have maybe 4 drinks total. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin I'm so sorry to hear that you experienced another loss.  I was womdering how you were doing since we hadn't seen you here in a while, so thank you for the update.  I wish I had helpful info about your question, but I don't :(
  • Options
    @zamora_spin So sorry that you're back here. You sound a lot like me. My MC was tough, but in some ways my CP afterwards was tougher. Because I stopped thinking "random bad luck" and started thinking about statistics. Like you, the numbers I found were all over the place. A lot of it feels like someone just guessed something that sounded right. In a lot of ways, I feel like that's research on TTC anyway. The things that I read about helping are anecdotes and wives' tales, with little to no science behind it. Sure, they study the prescription pharmaceuticals... but what about pineapple. *shrugs*
    The resource my OB gave me was ACOG.org  https://m.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Repeated-Miscarriages
  • Options
    @rosemaryandthyme Thanks. FX this is your cycle when the POAS commences later this week. 
    @leahcimmichael Thank you for the link and I'm sorry you've gone through this too. Last time around I was really crushed because until my first u/s I didn't know anything was wrong. This time I was skeptical right away so my hopes weren't up but it's been harder from the perspective of - what does it mean? I know there's still a chance it is random but... that's harder to believe now. I am a little afraid to get pregnant again without talking to the RE and doing some testing because it's been so hard to lose these first two, thus the googling. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry @zamora_spin for your loss.  

I've been thinking a lot lately today about the path we should take. I told dh my conditions if we do clomid. I'm sure I sound very OCD here and possibly cray. I'm a late implanter and don't turn a test positive until 4 weeks after I could be taking clomid. OB said clomid will not hurt baby if it had not implanted. I can't have another loss on my hands if I hurt it. So here is my plan with dh - take clomid every other month so on the off months I can for sure know if I'm pregnant. On those off months we abstain from sex during FW so when I start clomid I know for sure I have nothing in there to hurt. We can take it 6 months so that would make it a full year before trying something else. At that time dh said he'd be ok with iui as long as it's not super expensive and we could try it 2 months and by that time I'd be done and content on not having more kids.

for now I just want to enjoy life and the puppy and our family so we would start clomid in Jan. It's just I finally feel at a great spot mentally and I want to cherish that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 Sounds like a great plan! 
  • Options
    @leahcimmichael - DH thought I would want to start right away next month.  We probably talked for an hour last night.  I had to explain the way my cycles are with the delayed implantation and also explain the FW to him and how it works.  He wants to hear directly from the Dr that clomid could hurt a baby if it has implanted.  Originally I said I would not have sex at all the month prior and the in between months but I compromised and told him I would go back to using OPKs and we would just not have sex during FW.  I'm thinking CD10-20 just in case.

I woke up tired today.  yesterday took me back to exhaustion and I was feeling really energetic.
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 I'm glad you have come up with a plan to move forward that you are comfortable with. That is the most important thing is that you feel like it is the right plan for you because this is all happening to your body. 
  • Options
    @zamora_spin I'm so sorry for your loss. I recently had a CP as well. I was super excited to see the two lines but felt the same way because of my MMC in Nov. 

@vlagrl29 sounds like a good plan!
  • Options
    Anyone have experience with clomid on here? I'm interested in feedback. Apparently OBs can't prescribe femara only REs can.
  • Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): newish - D&C on 8/2
    2. Status?  I got AF today 3 weeks and 1 day after my D&C, so I'm officially allowed to try again. It actually came two days earlier than expected, which is good because I can try again sooner, but bad because I'm on vacation and didn't pack enough pads/tampons.
    3. R/R? Like I mentioned, we're on vacation. DH and I had sex for the first time since the D&C. I realized the last time we had sex I had gotten pregnant.  :/ I was hoping for more sexy time, but now that AF's here, that's out. And DH and I got in a huge fight earlier, so things are crappy anyway. I honestly hate going on vacation.

Also, more people keep making pregnancy announcements and I keep getting more and more bitter. And I keep thinking about all the milestones that are supposed to be happening now, like the beach announcement photos I wanted to do, or telling DH's family while we were here. I also hate the fact that I've been drinking because I'm not supposed to be able to.
    4. GTKY: What is your go-to alcohol choice? Wine? Beer? Hard liquor? or Abstain? Lately, it's wine. Specifically sweet white wine like moscato or riesling.
  • Options
    @JelloBean1 Hugs for the benching. I'm hypo and my OB almost benched me last week for the same reason, but thankfully my results came back OK. I hope yours get straightened out quickly!
  • Options
    @GeekBeagle Yay for AF to be able to try again, but boo for the crummy timing. I was nodding along while reading your post because I've felt the same way since my MC

Everything feels slightly tainted, even stuff that's supposed to be good. Like vacations. Remember to give yourself some grace. A miscarriage is a big loss and all the things you're feeling are so normal! 

*hugs*
  • Options
    @vlagrl29 My OB office prescribes femara all the time. In fact, that's who I got it from when I got pregnant. They don't do monitored cycles though like my RE is planning to do. I never took clomid so no help there. 
  • Options
    Thanks @mrsjcrane - my office told me they can't prescribe femara. Mine doesn't do monitored cycles either. 
  • Options
    TW- PG mentioned

Logistical question....can I still participate in the threads on this board while I'm in limbo>?   I've been following everything but not knowing if I should respond.
  • Options
    @justsuzie of course you should as long as you like
  • Options
    @justsuzie Yes you definitely can! I know that there are several of us participating/lurking where those 2 lines don't mean the same thing that it does for people who've never had a MC or who have only had one MC, esp. with live births already. I'd still love to hear from you while you're in limbo!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    1. Introduce yourself (if you're new): New here.  MC 7/29 at 6.5 weeks with first pregnancy.  TTC since February.
    2. Status? Dr. advised to wait until first cycle.  We waffled on it a bit - NTNP, but waited until recently, so doubt the timing would be right.  Now waiting on my period and it's so tough.
    3. R/R? Everyone I know seems to be making a pregnancy announcement these days. We would have been letting folks know in the next few weeks and somehow that makes it even harder.  But I feel so lucky to have an amazingly supportive family and a close friend who has really been here for me.  Plus, the weather has been BEAUTIFUL for spending time outside.  
    4. GTKY: What is your go-to alcohol choice? Wine? Beer? Hard liquor? or Abstain?  Beer for sure.  Had the Three Notch'd Hydraulion Red this week and it was great.
  • Options
    @cimorene12345 Sorry about your loss. Welcome to our community. Unfortunately, waiting is a common theme and frustration in TTCAL. Hopefully your wait will be short! 
  • Options
    Whelp I decided to go balls to the wall ttc again starting in sept.  AF shall start this next Thursday at the earliest. I figure these last 4 months until we start clomid I got to give it my all 1 more time. I won't temp, might opk, abstain cd 5-9. BD EOD cd 10-20. Pre seed and supplements. Talked to dh about it tonight and he's fine with it. Wish me luck lol!
  • Options
    Thanks, @leahcimmichael! Appreciate the encouragement.