Babies on the Brain

WTO/TWW - week of August 20

Feel free to add to this post throughout the week if your symptoms change or if you have any questions. 

If you are a contributing member with a BFP this week, please share your success with us here!

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

WTO - WAYDTGKU: 

TWW - Timing:

TWW - Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: what is a bad habit that you have?

Re: WTO/TWW - week of August 20

• Loading the player...
  • @JennyColada - I am for sure the wrong person to ask. I have zero self control when it comes to testing. 
    @lalala2004 - it's going to be a cluster for sure. I had hoped they'd cancel school or do an early dismissal but nope. The only thing they did was cancel all outside activities which doesn't help me because we are still dismissing during the eclipse and we will be outside for that so...???
    Also, Yay for officially TTC!! 
    @Secretstapler - I'd probably prefer shorter to longer (as long as it was still in normal range) because I hate WTO. I think I'd hate it less if I had more of an idea when O would be. My chart is really zigzaggy this month too :/ 
    FX you get CH soon!
  • @JennyColada I'm a bad influence but I say 12 dpo. Unless it's easier on your emotions to wait for AF? 

@glitzandglitter Yes to putting off house work. I am SO bad. 

@lalala2004 excited to have you here!! The CM might be caused by an estrogen surge and you just haven't had the LH surge yet. Hopefully soon  ;)

@Secretstapler FF treats watery CM and EWCM the same anyway. Hopefully your temps will show the shift! I have no idea what causes zig zag so no help from me there. 

Month/Cycle: 8/9

CD/DPO: CD5

WTO - WAYDTGKU: nothing so far! I've been bad about everything this month! I've only temped a few times and I have been forgetting my vitamins and I'm "not allowed" to HIO until after my HSG on Friday. 

R/R: It's been a good weekend but I'm kinda dreading this week at work. I have a ton going on and some things I'm behind on... 

CS/Q: 

Like @glitzandglitter I always put off my housework... I also don't floss so not really a bad habit but a good habit I don't have :) 

Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @JennyColada  Pretty chart!  FX temps stay high for you!  (Also, totally up to you, but I would personally prefer to stick to testing 2 days after FF predicts AF because I get really bumped out seeing a stark negative test).

@lalala2004  Welcome to your first official TTC cycle!  Are you planning to temp too?  (As for the opks, maybe try a different brand if they are completely white.  I believe you should still see light lines even when not ovulating...they just become darker--and then finally darker than the control line--when ovulating).  

@glitzandglitter  I hope you survive the dismissal during the eclipse!  That sounds hectic.  As far as coming off BC, I found that my first cycle off was the longest one I've had and they've gradually gotten shorter by 2-3 days.  (My O was actually later--CD20--my first month off the pill, but now it's usually around CD18-19).  I am sure it varies a lot by person...FX for you that you O earlier in the month...I would definitely prefer that!

@Secretstapler  FX you O'd!  Just keep temping...I bet you see a rise tomorrow.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 31/15

WTO - WAYDTGKU: 

TWW - Timing: meh

TWW - Testing: I initially said I would not test, but since FF predicted AF on Friday and it hasn't arrived, I caved and tested this morning.  BFN  :(  I am still having pre-AF symptoms, so I'm guessing somehow FF is off and my dpo are wrong. I anticipate AF arriving tomorrow. 

R/R:  Got a great run in this morning!

CS/Q:  Does anyone have pre-AF symptoms for more than a week before AF arrives?

I'm going to agree with @glitzandglitter and @Secretstapler --I have a bad habit of putting off housework.  :#

• @dukestar5 I'm sorry for the BFN :( . I'm currently experiencing lactational amenorrhea, so no AF to start a chart. I just started one manually in FF just to record CM and OPK results. I did wonder about the OPK. There was an indent line, but definitely no pink. Is it not possible to have it be totally white (besides the control line, of course)? This was a dollar store OPK, so maybe I'll have better luck when the Wondfos I ordered come in.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @JNCPro3130 meal prepping, FTW! I really need to do more of that myself.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @JennyColada - Totally up to you when to test. I'd probably go right in between the two and do 14 DPO, though. How long is your usual LP, again?
    @lalala2004 - So glad you're officially TTGP! Or at least, whenever you're able to O. :smile: I'm pretty sure you can have a stark white OPK, if there's absolutely no LH in your system. I know I've seen some OPKs that were stark white before online, at least.
    @Secretstapler - As PP said, FF treats watery and EWCM the same, so even if you aren't sure about the EWCM - it should still get the idea. :smile:
    @MrsMiller8588 - I hope your work week goes okay! And FX for good results from your HSG!
    @dukestar5 - If I'm conscious about noticing what's going on, I note I can have pre-AF symptoms for 5-6 days before she comes. It's more obvious the day or two days before-hand, but I get a little more irritable up to a week before AF usually comes. *hugs*

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 27/14

TWW - Timing: -4, -3, +1

TWW - Testing: Nada

R/R: Tired

CS/Q: Just WFAF at this point

GTKY: What is a bad habit that you have? I chew on the sides of my fingers/around my nails. Not my nails themselves, because I hate how that makes them feel, though.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @lifesabeach85 All the hugs friend. I am so sorry you had a rough weekend. Be kind to yourself. We are here if you need to vent or talk through anything. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @lifesabeach85. I am so sorry about this weekend. ((Hugs)). On the upside (or maybe it's downside lol) I am joining you as a CD buddy. :D AF arrived yesterday afternoon for me too, so I'm on CD2 as well.
  • @lifesabeach85, I'm so sorry! Big hugs!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @lifesabeach85 - All the hugs, friend. I'm so sorry. :disappointed: *hugs*

I won't be testing because I started spotting today. It ebbed off this afternoon, but I'm assuming AF will be here full force tomorrow morning.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @lifesabeach85 I'm so sorry. HPTs are amazing, but sometimes ignorance is bliss, unfortunately.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @Guillerma your FF link doesn't work. Make sure you use you sharing link! Stress can definitely delay O, among other things. O can vary a lot. It's the LP that doesn't tend to vary much.
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lifesabeach85 I'm so sorry you are going through this. **Creepy internet hugs**
  • @Guillerma I think FF may have it wrong here. Does it change if you change detection methods, or remove any open circle temps?
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 the detector doesn't seem to affect it (unless I use OPK detector), nor does removing any of the open circle temps... Oddly though, if I put in a high temp for tomorrow it changes it to CD14. That would make more sense to me. 
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Guillerma I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I think you've got a good plan, though.  I keep finding myself trying to plan the next month/semester/year as if I'll be pregnant, and I know I'm just setting myself up for frustration and disappointment.  I just need to convince myself that it's really best to plan for the future as if I won't be pregnant, and then I can replan as needed when the time comes.  I think one more negative cycle will help a lot with that.  Based on last time, I fully expect it to take many months of trying, and I'll go crazy if I keep thinking like that.  I hope you're able to maintain your perspective!
  • @Guillerma, I'm so glad you had a good trip! There's nothing like a good beach trip to relax you! As for your chart, it looks right to me; however, FF has changed crosshairs many times for me mid cycle. I would keep doing what you're doing as far as charting. If you're still getting fertile signs, you probably want to keep HIO just in case. Stress can definitely impact things so it's possible that was a factor. 

As for me, AF showed up yesterday. I'm on to cycle 4. I'm like @guillerma. I've decided to make some changes to my health. I've been holding off on increasing my exercise because "what if Im pregnant". 3 months later and I'm not pregnant and my weight/health isn't where I want it to be. If I were pregnant, this isn't the healthiest start, so this month I'm going back to eating high protein/low carb. I'm also training for a 5k that's at the end of September. I need something other than TTC to focus on! I'm making these changes for me and not for TTC purposes!

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @JNCPro3130 So sorry to hear it. I kind of feel like we've been on the same train for the last few months (unfortunately)! Take care of yourself, and come back refreshed. 
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @guillerma, yes, I think we're on the same path. DH and I had pretty good timing last month so I got really hopeful. That's why I'm needing a TTC distraction. Like you, I'm not putting life on hold and playing the "what if" game anymore. Here's hoping we get our BFPs this month though! :)

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @JennyColada FX for you!

@glitzandglitter I hope the dismissal during the eclipse went well!

@lalala2004 Good luck! I have that happen from time to time, too. Lots of fertile CM, but the sticks all come up negative. I kind of wonder if my ovulation is quick and I just miss the window for testing.

@Secretstapler Best of luck to you! I totally understand not wanting to check at work. I'm the same way, to be honest.

@MrsMiller8588 Good luck with the HSG tomorrow! I hope it gives you good results!

@dukestar5 I'm sorry about the BFN! Did AF end up showing her face?

@JNCPro3130 What sort of new diet are you doing? I try to do meal prepping, but it doesn't always work out.

@izza2 I chew the nail bed, too. I can't help it. It's an anxiety thing.

@lifesabeach85 I'm sorry for your BFN! That had to be hard on you and your DH :(

@Guillerma I'm glad you guys had a good vacation! FX that this is your month!

GTKY: what is a bad habit that you have? Like a lot of you guys, I bite my nails and the nail bed. It's an anxiety thing for me. I've done it for as long as I can remember, but I manage to pause it by painting them. I'm slowly breaking the habit, I think. I hope. They still end up my my mouth when I'm stressed, but I haven't bitten them in over a month.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dreamscapes_, I'm doing paleo. It's high protein and low carb. DH and I did it years ago and were in great shape. When I got pregnant with DS, I didn't stick with it. Now 3 years later, I'm 20 pounds over my pregnancy weight and I feel tired all the time. I think it's all the junk I eat.

I've also signed up for a 5k at the end of September, so I'm looking forward to that! I hate running but that race was so much fun. I'm hoping it motivates me to consistently run. :)

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @JennyColada. Soooo close! You've got this...stay strong!

@dreamscapes_. AF did arrive unfortunately.  Now in WTO again, but benched this cycle due to MH's work schedule.

@JNCPro3130. How do you like the paleo diet so far? Are you seeing a difference? What do you eat in terms of snacks? Or are you so satisfied by the additional protein that you find you don't really need them?  ANd yay for the 5k! I love finding a race to motivate me to wake up and run.
  • @MrsMiller8588 - I am so sorry :( I will be thinking of you. Sending all the creepy internet hugs
  • @MrsMiller8588 So sorry for the disappointing news. I hope all the hard conversations go as well as these things can go, and that you and your DH come out of them very much on the same page. Will have you both in my thoughts.
  • @mrsmiller8588, I'm so sorry! Big hugs to you!

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @MrsMiller8588 I'm so sorry to hear your news :(
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @dukestar5, the diet is going well. I got a pretty bad headache early this week but it's okay. I eat almonds, hard boiled eggs, and fruit for snacks. For a dessert at night, I've been eating blueberries and strawberries. It's perfect for my sweet tooth at night. Thank you for asking! I'm trying really hard this time! I'm really self conscious about my weight.

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker