February 2017 Moms

Baby check in!! (August)

How old is the little one?

What size clothing/how big is the baby now?

What fun new things is your baby doing?

How is your baby interacting with you, family members, and strangers?

Describe a normal day of naps and night of sleep.

How much and often is the baby eating?

Have you started any solids? If so, how did it go? How does the baby like them now?

Do you have anything you want to share?

PICTURES???
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby check in!! (August)

• kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited August 2017
    6 months and a few days... I don't do weeks lol

He is in 6-9 right now, but he moved into them before 5 months and they fit perfectly right now so I'm anticipating moving up next month. 

He's been grabbing for everything. Especially food and drinks. He started licking now too. Instead of immediately just shoving stuff in his mouth, he licks it first lol. He's also showing some "fits". He gets super mad if he wants something and can't see it or get to it. It's kind of funny how angry he seems at it lol.

He loves being with our little family. He is starting to show preference for who he wants and he will lean towards the person he wants to hold him. The other day he wanted my husband, then after a few minutes he got fussy and when I walked back in the room he got excited so I took him back. Another time my oldest went to give Austin a goodnight kiss and Austin grabbed him for a "hug" and open mouth slobber kiss. I love how affectionate he is. He's ok with strangers still and will smile at them, but the dr said he will start crying at them in the next few months.

We still dont have any established schedule. I'm going to attempt to get him to go to sleep earlier because right now he's still staying up until 11 or later. My older kids start school so I'm really wanting him asleep between 9:00 and 10:00. Right now he goes to sleep 11 or later and gets up every 3-4 hours. Sometimes I get lucky and he'll sleep for 5 hours but it's definitely not consistent. During the day, he sometimes takes a 30 minute nap every 3 or 4 hours, but sometimes he'll only take 1 long nap. We're all over the place.

He is eating 5 ish ounces of breast milk every 3-4 hours. He won't tolerate any solids still.

Have you started any solids? If so, how did it go? How does the baby like them now?
    We have tried starting solids, but he doesn't want anything to do with them. Sometimes I give him tiny bits of our food in his mouth, off my finger just so he can taste it, but he generally isn't thrilled once it's in there. 

I don't know right now. I'll have to come back to it, my brain has been off lately.

PICTURES???
    With the couple Randos popping in here, and not enough action from the regulars, I don't feel comfortable posting any right now.

Edit for temporary pic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @SawyerRichardson did you give her all her solids in the mesh bag? If so were they like whole carrots cooked? I've never heard of that app, but I am in the same boat as you with the Android. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ColeBug89ColeBug89 member
    edited August 2017
    She will be 8 months next Monday!

She wears between 6-9 months clothes now

Within the last month she's learned so much! She is crawling, pulling herself up to standing, and picking up food and putting it in her mouth.

Ella really loves people! She is so sweet and smiles at everyone, strange or familiar

She usually takes one long (hour +) and one short (~half hour) nap each day at day care.

Night time is a different story. She goes down fine in her crib, but then wakes up in the middle of the night and refuses to go back to sleep unless she's in bed with H and I. This is a recent thing that just started about a week ago, so maybe it's some sort of sleep regression? Anyway, I hope this phase passes soon, I really dislike cosleeping!

She gets a 6 oz bottle every 3.5 hours during the day and then only 1 feeding over night. She gets breast milk and formula both. She also eats baby cereal for breakfast and baby purée food for lunch and dinner. She also eats yogurt melts and "puffs" for snacks.

She loves her food! She's liked almost everything she's tried. The only thing she does not like is pumpkin. The look on her face when she tried pumpkin was priceless!

I can't believe how fast Ella is growing and how much she has learned in such a short time!

PICTURES???
    Just chilling with her toys lol 

ETA: I attempted to put her picture in a spoiler box

• @dreamingofbabies in the photo I just put some carrot puree in there. I have done a couple slices of raw banana though. This particular feeder is silicone and only has a couple small holes in the top, so anything harder wouldn't work well with it. For the mesh bag ones I'd steam a couple carrot sticks so they are nice and soft. You could also hand Austin some steamed carrot sticks to munch on. Just make sure they are sliced long ways nice and skinny to decrease the choking risk.
  • @SawyerRichardson I saw a video on the silicone feeders, but our store didn't have them. I forgot about those. I heard they do nice breast milk popsicles too... have you tried making one?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How old is the little one? He'll be 7 months on the 27th!

What size clothing/how big is the baby now? 9 months! A few 6-9 months outfits still fit too.

What fun new things is your baby doing? He just learned to sit unassisted and army crawl! 

How is your baby interacting with you, family members, and strangers? He loves adults...babies his own age? Not so much. He cried when we try to have him play at parent group. 

Describe a normal day of naps and night of sleep. Sleep is difficult. He doesn't like to nap long in the afternoon. His morning nap is a good hour. He still wakes for a bottle during the night.

How much and often is the baby eating? About 7oz per bottle, every 4 hours during the day

Have you started any solids? If so, how did it go? How does the baby like them now? Yup! He was not a fan at first, but he's starting to like them now. We do rice cereal in a bottle at lunch and purée for dinner. He likes sweet potatoes and carrots. Not a fan of peas, but he'll eat them.

Do you have anything you want to share? I cry so much at his accomplishments! So many proud Momma moments.

PICTURES??? 
  • How old is the little one?
    He's just over 5.5 months!

12 month clothing, 22lb 15oz, and 29" long

He's finally rolling over though only from belly to back and only to the left lol. He just got his first tooth! He's also starting to tripod and reach for toys that he wants rather than needing me to hand him toys. 

He prefers DH and myself but he's pretty good for strangers and family. He's best for a short time then I think the amazement of being a new person wears offf and he wants mama. Also he will scream if I get out of his sight. 

We are really struggling with sleep. We get up between 6 & 7:30am. First nap is ~9am and he sleeps anywhere from 1/2hr in pnp to 1.5hr co-sleeping. Second nap is ~ 12pm (usually 30min) and third nap is ~3pm (30min) in my arms. We start bedtime routine at 6:30-7pm and he officially goes down between 7:30pm and 9pm.

At night on a really good night we are up every 3hrs. However more normal is him being awake ever 40-90min and needing nursed or rocked to sleep until I give up and bring him into bed with me. I usually give up around 4am but if he is up every 40min I give in closer to 2am. He then sleeps soundly until we get up.

He eats every 1.5hrs. 

Not yet. Our doctor told us to wait until he starts intercepting our food/utensils. He just started this week so we're going to try on Saturday!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

6 months and a week
    6 months and 6-9 months
    she is trying to sit up on her own but we aren't quite there yet. she figured out how to be very mobile. she either log rolls to move or scooches. she also started rocking while she is on her belly trying to figure out how to crawl. she grabs for things and she has quite the grip! she also expresses frustration with things she can't quite grab and when she figures out how to get it, she attacks it and makes grunting sounds lol. 
    she is such a happy baby. she has huge grins for family and giggles, and certain strangers she will smile at. some strangers she gets upset or will just give this look like who the heck are you? her newest thing with me is if I am laying on the floor to play with her she will flip herself over in a way so she lands right against me to snuggle and she just smiles. the other day I was exhausted and fell asleep on the floor with her while my husband was cooking, and she scooted over to me and started touching my face and smiled huge at me when I opened my eyes
    she generally does 2-3 good naps a day, and night time sleep varies. the other night she woke every hour because her gums were hurting, but other nights she will sleep 3-5 hours at a time and wake 1-3 times for a bottle
    she eats 4-5 oz every 4 hours on average and also has some solids during the day too
    at first she was almost appalled by solids, lol. now she really enjoys them. we give her purees of fruits and veggies and we also use the mesh feeders and put pieces of fresh fruit in them which she also loves

6 months tomorrow!
    6 months mostly. Anything with an actual button and fly needs to be 3 month, he's a string bean
    All sorts of things! He can sit up by himself and is so proud when he does. He refuses to lay down, he only wants to sit now. He can army crawl and say "bababa" and "dadada". He has huge belly laugh from his ticklish ribs.
    he is such a happy baby! He pretty much loves everyone and wants to touch their face. He snuggles with us only though
    He usually has a 2-3 hour nap in the morning at daycare around 9 and a 1 hour nap in the afternoon around 2:30. He falls asleep for a "nap" around 8 and we do last bottle at 9 and he's asleep for night time. He sleeps through the night 95% of the time. If he wakes up, he can now go back to sleep within 5 mins with just his binky! He wakes up at 5 for the day.
    He eats between 5 and 6 oz every 3 hours except through the night. He also gets 3 meals of solids a day.
    He loves solids! His favorite are peaches and carrots and real avocados