August 2017 Moms
Options

Husband Cheated during my pregnancy

Right now I'm 40 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing steady contractions for 6 hours. My husband admitted to cheating 2 weeks ago for a duration of 3 months while I was stationed 6 hrs away for military reasons and he stationed elsewhere. I got out and moved to him at 38w and he told me then. He said he wanted to be with me and was extremely sorry so for the sake of our family I decided to give him a chance.. He quickly stopped acting apologetic and more like i was the problem. I obviously had pretty bad trust issues but were all justified. Last Saturday he admitted to sleeping woth the other woman again whike I was here (Since he couldn't handle spending the night in our house) and still i wanted him to want me and try. Hormones?
Fast forward to tonight and the onset of labor... contractions have been getting strong.. He was in bed with me.. And i noticed him txting her. I said how disrespectful that was and that he should be comforting me instead. His response was that he didn't f***** care. I got upset, and he got up and left. So now im laboring by myself. How do i even handle this situation right now? How is this fair?

Re: Husband Cheated during my pregnancy

• Options
    Honestly, you got to do what's right for you and your child. If he's not going to be there for the two of you, you are better going it alone than hopping he'll change. If I were you, I would reach out to my family or a close friend for support. Even if they don't live close, talking on the phone helps. I'm sorry you're going through this. 
  • Options
    His mom is here. It almost feels wrong to have her support.. I know i need to do what's best for me and baby. It's just so shocking that my Husband, someone who I loved and once loved me, could be so cruel at this time. Regardless of wanting to be with me or not he should at least respect and support me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry you're going through this, no one should ever have to deal with a cheating spouse ever, none the less during pregnancy! I can't believe he's acting this way in front of his mother, too. If she's still in this with you and supportive I think you should accept her support. You need someone to help you through this and she's probably horrified that her son is capable of this. She's probably also more concerned about meeting her new grandbaby than him right now as well. 
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this on top of being in labor and about to welcome a new baby. He sounds beyond selfish. I know you just want to make your family work but honestly I can't imagine trying to forgive someone who's cheated not once but continuously. I hope you figure out what's right for you and your baby and that this experience only makes you stronger! And I agree with previous response that you should take the support of his mother if she's willing to give it, she must feel awful that her son is doing this to you and her grand baby. Best of luck!