3rd Trimester
Options

Glyburide for gestational diabetes??

I am 33 weeks, and I was prescribed glyburide to prevent high fasting sugars for my gestational diabetes about a week ago. When I take it at bedtime, my braxton hicks contractions become very intense and somewhat painful. I began to research it, and found some information that made me question its safeness... 

Have any other moms had any experience with this medication? 

Re: Glyburide for gestational diabetes??

• Options
    kayk_baby said:
    I am 33 weeks, and I was prescribed glyburide to prevent high fasting sugars for my gestational diabetes about a week ago. When I take it at bedtime, my braxton hicks contractions become very intense and somewhat painful. I began to research it, and found some information that made me question its safeness... 

Have any other moms had any experience with this medication? 
    To be honest, this is a question best to talk to your provider about. If you are having concerns, if you feel it's triggering Braxton Hicks then it really should be addressed to your doctor.  Someone else's experience isn't going to give you insight of your situation.
  • Options
    I have an appointment this afternoon, and I had already planned to talk to my doctor about this, just wanted to see if other moms experienced the same thing...if it was a common thing or not...