August 2017 Moms

Weekly Appointments 8/14

Do you have an appointment this week? 
The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

Re: Weekly Appointments 8/14

• Just an appointment for a C-section tomorrow!
  • Just my 39week appointment Friday. Hoping for some changes if baby hasn't come by then. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my 38 week (and last) appointment this morning.  I asked for a cervical check since I didn't have one last week and I'm not dilated at all.  This gives me hope that I'll actually make it to my scheduled c-section on Monday.

Pregnancy brain struck again and I completely forgot to ask about my GBS results.  Does anyone know if you're GBS+ whether they still give you antibiotics before a scheduled c-section?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • NST tomorrow, on my due date. He's never coming out
  • @MetsGirl18 OB is not my specialty but IV antbiotics are given during most surgeries 

I had my 38 week appointment today. No changes in dilation or effacement. My baby was also posterior at this appointment (first time ever) but I think he/she has already flipped back to anterior. My Dr. also put me on antibiotics for an infected ingrown hair. Pregnancy is so glamorous! lol 

• @MetsGirl18 I asked my doc about that today (I'm GBS+ and my RCS is scheduled for 8/22).  She said that they will still give me the antibiotics but that, as long as my water doesn't break first, there's no real concern about it passing to the baby.  She said they mostly do it to appease pediatricians.
  • @BlackNYellow my baby was posterior on Friday and I've been trying to get him/her to rotate - sometimes I feel the back on the left and punches on the right, sometimes the other way around, sometimes it seems like he/she might be posterior again. With all the changes, I'm fairly confident baby will get in the right position when labor begins. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• LeA2017! said:
    Just an appointment for a C-section tomorrow!
    Hope all is going smoothly today @LeA2017! !!

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @BlackNYellow @dtspmama.  I ended up calling the office and speaking to a nurse who confirmed I'm positive and will still get antibiotics prior to surgery.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So sad right now! Just had my 40w checkup and nonstress test, baby did fine on the test and there was NO CHANGE to my cervix at all. Still only 1cm and "very thick", she told me my chances of induction next Tuesday are 50/50 given that my cervix is doing nothing. She did do a sweep which is freaking horrible, I wasn't really expecting it and all the sudden she was just moving her hand all around and it hurt and sucked. Ugh, hopefully it'll get things moving but I'm not holding out much hope for that. I just want to meet my baby, this makes me want to cry. 
  • Ugh. No changes here either. I 100% cried on the way home from my appointment, and then I went and got ice-cream. Oops. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had my 37 week visit & ultrasound. LO is head down, and everything looks great (though he's measuring small). My GBS test came back negative. I've been having some contractions, and I'm 1cm dilated & 50% effaced. Fingers crossed he stays put for the next couple of weeks! 
  • @wineanddogs I ate terribly after my appointment too. Dunkin has s'more donuts and they are amazing!! No shame here. 

• @wineanddogs I'm a few days behind you (39+2 today) and I'll be pretty sad if I haven't made progress at my appointment on Friday at 39+4. I've been walking, doing squats and other yoga videos/prenatal yoga class to work on getting baby more engaged. I don't know if it's doing anything but it makes me feel a bit more in control of a situation that's kind of out of all of our hands. When's your next appointment?

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Had both my regular appointment and MFM NST today. All is good! No cervical check until next week so it's anyone's guess how things are going down there. 

NST went great and his fluid levels are good! I also caught a glimpse of his wee little fingers on the ultrasound screen. 

Oh, I'm pretty sure I lost part of my mucus plug this morning. I know that doesn't mean labor is imminent but I'm hoping that I lose the rest soon.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • No shame in that @WineAndDogs!! I can't have sweets so I grabbed a tub of spinach dip on the way home and it's about half gone already...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 37+6 today and had a quick blood pressure check. Top number went up, but bottom number went down. We're going ahead with induction this weekend. I also had some protein in my urine for the first time, but she said it's not enough to sound the alarm at this point since we're doing the induction. It's hard to believe I'll be headed to the hospital to have a baby in 48 hours! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @kvh22 My next appointment is Tuesday for an NST and fluid level check, followed by seeing the midwife who I don't love. I spent the day yesterday pretty teary and just overall frustrated. I've had a great pregnancy and 100% acknowledge that, I'm just not comfortable at all anymore. And my husband just doesn't seem to get it (well, yesterday, at least) and got frustrated that I can't move like I used to. So things take me a lot longer and I'm tired. I wish I could get him to understand I'm equally annoyed. He also kept saying things like, well there is a light at the end of the tunnel (an induction at 41 weeks). No. I don't want to wait 9 days, I feel awful. It's not that simple!

Ahhh sorry for the rant. I'm done and am going to try to have a much better day today. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @WineAndDogs - Hang in there. I totally get it, I'm 40+6 today and getting impatient!! I tired of getting up 6 times a night to pee. Im set to be induced on Sunday and I'm afraid they'll bump me or something - that's when I'll lose it for sure. Otherwise just one day at a time...my DH got a lot more sympathetic once the due date actually passed, kinda like it was finally affecting him too. I hope you don't even have to get to that point & your little one comes soon! 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• I had baby's two week appt. All is good. She dropped to 6 lbs 7 oz by day 4 and today she is 7 lbs 2 oz! So glad to see my breast milk is working! 
  • Well I had a BPP U/S today. He scored an 8 out of 8 and measures around 7.5lbs. Healthy kid. I made a bit of progress - 2-3cm dilated and cervical length is 1.5. So in a better place for induction Sunday. I call at 6am to find out when to come - then we're doing the foley balloon catheter to start then on to picton. Come on Sunday. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• did anyone get a cervical check past 37 weeks that just caused terrible cramping or contractions and did anyone have it lead to labor? I read in other blogs that some women went into labor within hours or a day later. I'm still cramping a day later with some back pain. Dr said it was normal. Just wondering if anyone else had it speed things up a bit.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • did anyone get a cervical check past 37 weeks that just caused terrible cramping or contractions and did anyone have it lead to labor? I read in other blogs that some women went into labor within hours or a day later. I'm still cramping a day later with some back pain. Dr said it was normal. Just wondering if anyone else had it speed things up a bit.
    My 39 week one caused some mild cramping, thought that was it and I would go into labor but no such luck. 

Have my 40 week appointment tomorrow where we will start talking induction. Really shocked as this is my third and I have never made it this far on my own. Thought for sure LO would be here by now. 
  • @Knottie96400174 didn't expect the sweep? did you ask for one or know you were getting one before she did it? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker