Trouble TTC
Options

TTTC Checkin - 08/08/2017

Hi all, it's checkin time...

Congratulations to @tops-2 for your BFP... but sorry for the beta rollercoaster! FX for rising beta's... please let me know when you consider yourself graduated.

Hugs to anybody who needs one.  

How is everybody doing?

2017 BFP Hall Fame

BecauseLove dx: amenorrhea, PCOS  Rx: IVF
MandyBeeSLP: dx: low progesterone, borderline PCOS, vitamin D insufficiency Rx:  IUI with letrozole
MountainLady: dx: Unexplained, Rx: Letrozole
kd0202: dx: Unexplained, LPD Rx: Clomid 50mg
pawcall: dx: MFI(morph) + testing Rx: unmedicated IUI
PoeMasque dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
MJDsquared : dx: PCOS Rx:Letrozole
greenange dx: anovulatory PCOS w/insulin resistance Rx: Metformin, Letrozole, trigger + TI
mrswifeytoad:  dx: PCOS  Rx: metformin + Clomid
SunflowerMama428: dx: pcos, blocked fallopian tube Rx: clomid
vintageandrea90: dx:PCOS  Rx:Femara + trigger + TI

PAGING:

@Bababatty: dx:Low Motility  Rx: Letrozole + trigger + IUI
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@hoffmanr7: dx: unexplained Rx:  Clomid 100mg
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mlight28: dx Unexplained Rx: Clomid
@MrsM00re87: dx: DOR PCOS, low morph Rx: Femara + TI
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@seethosestars:  Dx: DOR + MFI and Rx: letrozole + IUI
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@smokinangel: possible PCOS, MTHFR gene, slight MFI Rx: trying to regulate hormones naturally
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@Labluver2 dx: testing
@laurad75 dx: possible DOR  Rx: IVF
@funkykey dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@Worldtravler0522 dx: PCOS/Unexplained Rx: IVF
@notamyrtle: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI + injects
@kyersten: dx: Scar tissue Rx: IVF
@Kim41313: dx: MFI Rx: waiting for testing
@MountainLady: dx: Unexplained Rx: Letrozole + IUI / possible IVF
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@MooFish2364 fibroid + endo Rx: surgery + TI
@Tops: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: Metformin, testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@msstephanielynn: dx:septate uterus  Rx: surgery
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin, progesterone
@brittlefebvre: in testing
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@kristimh80: dx: unexplained Rx: Injectables + trigger + IUI
@SoonToBeMommaHowe: dx: Unexplained  Rx: naturally until IVF
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing 
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@soehlerk: dx: Unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@emmasemm: dx: unexplained Rx: testing 
@tinabell8: dx: unexplained, RPL Rx: baby aspirin, testing 

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:
1.  How long have you been TTC?
2.  What is your diagnosis?
3.  What is your current Rx plan?

QOTW: What's the first song on your iPod/phone?

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Checkin - 08/08/2017

• Options
    I'm still technically in my TWW after my first round of 100mg Clomid + IUI, but it's not looking good.  We got the CD21 progesterone numbers back, and mine is a 3.4, when it should be a 10 or higher.  

Good news: I did ovulate.  Bad news: That progesterone level is most likely too low to support a pregnancy, so now we just wait for AF.

So we're already making plans for next cycle; we will increase Clomid to 150mg and do a round of natural BD, then test my progesterone levels to see if we need to do another increase before the next IUI.  I'm really bummed, but we have a plan.  I always feel at least a little bit better when we have a plan.

The first song on my phone?  Like...on shuffle or alphabetically?  Assuming it's the latter, it's "The A Team" by Ed Sheeran.  :)

I hope you all are having a better week!
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    FET is scheduled for Friday!  Really hoping and praying that this is it.  DH starts a new job on the 21st and this is our last one of his insurance.  The new insurance covers nothing so we either pay out of pocket for everything or cover me with Cobra.  Either way it will be fine but I would appreciate any spare good thoughts, vibes, or  prayers you may have to throw my direction that #5 is our lucky number.  

QOTW:  I have mine sorted by artist so Rolling in the Deep by Adele is #1 

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not new (1 missed MC w/ D&C & 2 chemicals)...So I stepped away because all of the testing and having no plan/direction what-so-ever was driving me absolutely NUTS. Finally feel like I have my head on straight. The RE has narrowed things down to two possibilities. 1 is a septate uterus, which was just confirmed yesterday, so the beginning of September I'll have surgery to correct that (new uterus, who dis? B ) The other is a clotting disorder (antiphospholipid syndrome). The two tests need to be 12 weeks apart, so I'll have that blood work next week and go from there. Praying that this one doesn't come back positive as I'd like to avoid injections 2x daily for 9+ months. But the good news out of this all is that keeping the pregnancy is possible  3 

QOTW: Am I totally weird in that I don't have any music on my phone? But if I had to pick something, it would be a podcast. Addicted to Up&Vanished right now. 

@soehlerk: Curious to know if they are supplementing you w/ progesterone? I totally feel you on the planning piece. So type A over here. 
    @Worldtravler0522: Sending thoughts your way that this will be the one so you won't have to consider paying out. I also have the MTHFR mutation. Are you taking a prenatal with methylfolate? I just found one (Zahler which my RE said was great, although she doesn't "believe" in MTHFR) and I'm hoping that will also help me... 

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Hi - I'm new to the thread!

My info: age 33, hubby 34.  TTC for almost 2 years.  
    DX: ? unexplained infertility. pretty sure anovulation but the RE is not convinced it's PCOS.

Referred to RE in May, went thru the HSG (normal), first semen analysis in April was bad (no progressive motility) but second one in July was normal (yay male vitamins!), my labs are all normal except the progesterone has never indicated ovulation, and I've never had a positive OPK.  My periods are irregular, but starting to regulate over the past 4 months.  My day 3 ultrasound and my AMH show good egg reserve/follicles.

Followed up with RE yesterday and got the plan:  Metformin, plan for IUI with Femara and trigger shots

I'm ready to move forward because I'm really frustrated with never knowing if I ovulate, but I'm pretty scared of the disappointment associated with unsuccessful treatments or chance of miscarriage.  I don't have infertility coverage on my insurance, so IVF is a long shot for us financially.  Hopefully it won't come to that. 

Prayers and good vibes to everyone else going through this!  We are some strong ladies! <3

QOTW:  My first song is Brooks and Dunn, "Ain't Nothing About You" and I'm really tired of hearing it every day when I first connect my phone to my car :) 
  • Options
    @floridanursegirl my RE has me on something too just in case but he doesn't really buy into the MTHFR thing either.  The genetic counselor I saw wasn't worried about it either if that helps at all.  

TTC since December 2014
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    2 snow babies 

• Options
    Hi Everyone! 

Good vibes to everyone this week!

@Worldtravler0522 thinking about you and your transfer this week! Best of luck!

AFM-

Just back to waiting.. I'm waiting for an appointment for my HSG (really nervous about this- ouch!) and waiting for more blood work.  Since my cycles are so irregular we're doing Day 3 blood work (done!) and trying for Day 28.  Last time I had Day 22 and it showed I hadn't ovulated at that point.

I think it's unlikely I'll get an appointment for the HSG this cycle so hopefully next!

QOTW:
    A Beautiful Mess- Jason Mraz

• Options
    @Asampson87 Don't be nervous for the HSG. For me it sounded worse than it really was. Super quick too :) Hopefully they can get you scheduled in because waiting another cycle...ugh!
    @Worldtravler0522 Weird... maybe I should ask why she doesn't believe in it next time I'm in. I would think that it's such a small change and so easy to do, it would just be done as a low lying fruit precaution... 

• Options
    Another ovulatory cycle, but no bfp. It's my 3rd. I'm beginning to wonder if I should try pre-seed because I'm not noticing anything beyond creamy cm. :(

Today was hard. I started my period the same day we found out we lost the house we bid on that I felt sure we had. 
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy

• Options
    @tops-2 Not sure if I said this on the other thread, but CONGRATULATIONS!!  I'm so glad you got that big jump!

@soehlerk I'm sorry about your progesterone levels.  Are you taking any progesterone suppositories after O?  I'd definitely ask about them, if not.

@Worldtravler0522 Hooray for FET!!  I've got everything crossed for you!  You've been through so much and you really, really, really deserve this take home baby.

@msstephanielynn I'm so glad you've gotten some good guidance on what may be going wrong, and have an action plan to address it.  Good luck with your surgery and your tests!

@floridanursegirl Welcome!  Sorry that you find yourself here.  When do you start your IUI?

@Mythril I'm so sorry about the mixed blessings of the ovulatory cycle but no BFP.  I'd say it can't hurt to start using Preseed, and might even help, so go for it.  Sorry also about the house! Talk about a double blow.  :(

AFM We did our egg retrieval on Friday and a Day 5 fresh transfer yesterday with a good quality hatching blast.  I've got three other embies that are still growing, so hopefully we get a few more to freeze.  Currently sending good vibes to my embie and telling it to start nesting.  It's a bit surreal to know that for probably the first time ever, I have an actual embryo inside.  Beta next friday.

QOTW: The first song that's actually downloaded to my phone is "Allentown" by Billy Joel.
  • Options
    @Bababatty all the positive vibes for your embie! 
  • Options
    @Bababatty thank you for the good vibes! Sending them right back to you as you wait for your first beta! Will you POAS before the beta? 

TTC since December 2014
    2 snow babies 

• Options
    msstephanielynn and @Bababatty I asked about a more aggressive approach (progesterone supplements), but for right now she just wants to do the Clomid. 

What do you all do if you want to push for a different approach?  I already feel a little nutty talking about treatments I researched on the Internet, although I'm certain I'm not the only patient who does this.  I really like my Dr, and she's within walking distance of my office, which is amazing.  This is only the second month of medicated treatment, so maybe I should just be patient and see what happens w/ the 150 Clomid?
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Thank you, @Asampson87 and @Worldtravler0522! I'll probably POAS next Wednesday since DH will be flying out of town that night and I'd love to be with him when I find out. Does 7dp5dt seem reasonable?

@Worldtravler0522 How did your FET go today?!
  • Options
    @Bababatty that is perfectly reasonable! Just make sure you get past the Ovidriel that might be in your system. It can sometimes cause a false positive. I'm testing Wednesday too but with a FET you can test a little sooner because there's no Ovidriel.  Our FET went well and I'm hopeful!! 

TTC since December 2014
    2 snow babies 

• Options
    @Worldtravler0522 Yeah, I haven't been testing out the trigger but since I want to POAS early now, I'll start doing that tomorrow morning. Definitely worried about giving myself false hope.

I'm so glad your FET went well. I'm so hopeful for you! I can't wait to hear your results--hoping for a BFP and sticky bean!!
  • Options
    Hey ladies! Sorry I have been a little MIA, school started for us last week (I'm a teacher) so things have been really busy!

@soehlerk sorry about the low progesterone levels, but I'm glad you have a plan! As far as pushing for more aggressive treatment, you could maybe find some research articles to support what you're asking for. That's really strange that your RE wouldn't want to try progesterone supplements with such a low number. As far I know, they can't really do much harm so that just seems odd to me. I wonder what her reasoning is. 

@Worldtravler0522 FX for your FET!! I have EVERYTHING crossed that this is the one for you!!

@msstephanielynn Sorry about the DX, but at least you know what the problem is now and it can be fixed! Also, I lol'ed at "New uterus, who dis?" :)

@floridanursegirl Welcome! 

@Asampson87 My HSG wasn't the worst, but it wasn't fun either. I would recommend maybe taking a Tylenol an hour or so before hand to help with any pain you might have. 

@Mythril sorry about CD1 and losing the house   :(  that is a serious bummer. I hope that things start to look up for you soon. Hugs <3

@Bababatty ahhh!! FX for you!! Also, I second that 7DP5DT is totally reasonable!

AFM, CD2. I went in yesterday for my baseline u/s and it was very  awkward as it was CD1 and things were pretty... heavy down there. I was waiting on the table for the doctor for like 35 minutes. So I'm sure you can all imagine what the scene was when he walked in lol. Whatever! I'm sure they've seen it all before but I couldn't help but feel embarrassed, although I did try to make light of the situation. Anyway, the u/s was fine and my cyst is gone, yay! So tomorrow I start Letrozole again and we get ready for IUI #2. 

QOTW: I guess I'm weird like @msstephanielynn because I don't have music on my phone either! I listen to music, but mostly through Pandora. 
  • Options
    @Kim41313 the first couple is baseline ultrasounds I had were super awkward but I got a little more used to it. Also the fact they made you sit on the table for 30 mins OMG!! They deserve what was waiting for them with that geez.  

TTC since December 2014
    2 snow babies 

• Options
    @Worldtravler0522 I know! I was almost about to go looking for someone but I was kind of afraid to stand up lol The nurse said it was the doctors fault for making me wait so long so I was like "hey I'll go with that" lol when they came in the nurse actually had to help me clean up and bit before we got started. The CD 2 u/s I've had before haven't been bad at all, but if I ever have to go back on CD1 I am going to need some sort of plan in place to avoid a repeat of what happened yesterday. 
  • Options
    @kim41313 Hooray for no more cyst! FX for this IUI cycle!  :) They definitely deserved whatever awaited them for making you wait so long. 30 minutes? Wow. You'd think they'd want to get you in and out just so they can process other patients, too. I can't remember if this was mentioned above or on another thread, but if you don't already, you might try wearing a tampon before you go in for your appointment and removing it right before the u/s. Of course that might not work on CD1 if all hell has broken loose and nothing can staunch the flow for long, haha. :D
  • Options
    @Bababatty thanks! I have done the tampon thing in the past with success, and I did it this time too, it just wasn't as effective. I think it was just that point of CD1 when the floodgates had opened and nothing was going to stop it  :D Maybe they learned a lesson and they won't make me wait as long in the future!