August 2017 Moms

Saturday Ticker Change 8/12

1. How far along are you? 

2. How big is baby? 

3. Upcoming appointments this week?

4. Any new symptoms or changes?

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?

6. GTKY: Do you have any big plans for the rest of summer, before or after baby?

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 8/12

• 1. How far along are you? 39 weeks

2. How big is baby? Pumpkin

3. Upcoming appointments this week? Yep

4. Any new symptoms or changes? Nope

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I wonder how many of us are still pregnant

6. GTKY: Do you have any big plans for the rest of summer, before or after baby? No plans. I finally feel that the house is close to ready for the baby. Now I only need a baby! The rest of the summer will be me learning how to be a mom

• 1. How far along are you? 38 weeks 

2. How big is baby? OB said "normal sized" at my last appointment. Such a relief because DH is tall and had a head in the 98th percentile at birth. 

3. Upcoming appointments this week? Tuesday 

4. Any new symptoms or changes? Not really. Lightning crotch and BH contractions seemed to have slowed down :/ 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? Eh 

6. GTKY: Do you have any big plans for the rest of summer, before or after baby? Not really...we have a few trips (Philly, Cleveland, Louisville) planned for October but those are obviously not summer! 

@lewliv maybe we should have a still pregnant check in? Lol I think I might be pregnant in September based on my lack of symptoms now. 

The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? 39 weeks and still pregnant.

2. How big is baby? Perfectly average I think

3. Upcoming appointments this week? Midwife on Monday. Acupuncture round 2 on Wednesday. 

4. Any new symptoms or changes? I totally felt like I was going into labor last Wednesday night (So much cramping, contractions, bloody show etc), but that was not the case and now I'm settling in to be pregnant forever. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? My only rant is I hate working from home and DH is making us this week so I don't go into labor during rush hour traffic. My house is like a daycare (my two kids, nanny and her kid) and I can't stop myself from cleaning at home. I'm actually ok with this kid taking his time, but am going to have to find a good routine. 

6. GTKY: Do you have any big plans for the rest of summer, before or after baby? All of DH's family (9+ people) is coming to our house for Labor Day weekend. I kind of hope baby is two weeks old by then since I know those first two weeks are so hard physically and emotionally. 

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• @donehue you're a saint for hosting Labor Day
  • 1. How far along are you?  38 weeks

2. How big is baby? Hopefully not as big as my first!

3. Upcoming appointments this week? Tuesday

4. Any new symptoms or changes?  I was 1cm dilated last week so curious to see how much I've progressed this week.  I sure have felt crampy, pressure on my cervix, backaches and just overall crappy this week.  Also, lots of mucous discharge this week

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? DH rant- yesterday evening I was getting ready for bed and stepped out of the bathroom into the bedroom to watch something on tv and was nude.  He comes in the room and on the way out says something like I hope you take care of that before the baby comes and laughs.  I wasn't sure what he was talking about and he hovers his hands around the pubic area.  I'm like are you talking about me shaving?  He says yup, I laughed but was like seriously?? I can't even see to shave it!  In 15 years of us dating/married, he has never once commented on the status of that and I was just amazed that at 38'weeks pregnant he decides to comment... men are just dumb sometimes!  And I did trim it up today (was planning to take care of it anyway ;))

6. GTKY: Do you have any big plans for the rest of summer, before or after baby? None at all!  

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @lewliv I wondered last week how many of us were left. I thought comments last week were less than previous!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you? 

39+1

2. How big is baby? 

A pumpkin or American house cat :)

Last scheduled appointment in Wednesday

I feel like I get BH any time I change positions. My stomach is constantly feeling like a block of cement!

I really don't want to go beyond my due date.

6. GTKY: Do you have any big plans for the rest of summer, before or after baby?

Not really, just to try to keep this child alive and get out of the house a little. Looking forward to maternity leave in the Fall in New England. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you? 

39 (+1)

2. How big is baby? 

Pumpkin!

40 week appointment on Friday. The OB said "if I make it there" and then followed up with the possibility of contingency plans so that was contradictory lol

No significant changes in the 3 weeks between my cervical checks so that was disappointing, but I know that anything can happen.

Rant: I woke up with a head cold today, not fun!

I really want to get the house clean before baby comes. I have so many plans, just no desire to do it. After baby, it will be hunting season and while I'm not hunting this year, I'm excited to go camping every weekend with DH. We use a camper so I'm not too worried about it. 

• @WineAndDogs I get BH every time I move too! I thought it was a third time mom thing! So hard to walk! 

I can't remember - what part of New England are you in? I am by the Cape and pretty sure my leave encompasses all of the gorgeousness that can possibly be had. I'm not looking forward to going back to work during the darkest days of the year though! At least they will be a blur (my kids decide to nurse all night after I go back to work). Last winter was a blur due to morning sickness - this baby making thing is pretty time consuming!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• @donehue I'm in CT, the Cape must be stunning!
    Pregnancy Ticker