TWW Thursday 8/10

Month/cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Typical LP Length:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: What was the most surprising thing you learned when TTC that you didn't know before?

Re: TWW Thursday 8/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cards10 Yay for going home! There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed. 

@nitnat007 Yes, the BBT one is pretty crazy too! Bodies are cool. 

@dukestar5 I often check out the menu beforehand. I admittedly will eat before I go to a restaurant if it doesn't have anything I like/can eat that's substantial and then will just order a salad while there. And I agree, health ed classes were useless. But I wonder how many of those teachers even knew this stuff? 
  • Options
    @cards10  I like your attitude re: LP!  Also, glad you get to come home from your work travels today.  A hotel is nice for a few days, but then you long to be back in your own bed in the comforts of your own home.

@SkilledSailor  I am sorry you have those symptoms.  (I got pre-AF symptoms so early last time too...around 8/9dpo...it was annoying to have them so early and then get AF.  I was bummed for about a week...waiting and knowing it was coming).  FX AF stays away!  Enjoy your visit with your old friend and have fun at the "sleepover!"

@nitnat007  ((Hugs))  And agreed.  I knew very little about CM and how it changes over the course of the cycle.
  • Options
    @ajsanders-2 Fx on the job! Glad the interview went well! 
    @lurvleybunchococonuts Is Freyja a fertility goddess? My kitty's name is Freya (no j). I offer her up tasty raw cat food and a billion supplements daily, that has to mean something. 
    @Steph5454 Ugh! That sounds like a really difficult BD session! I'm so sorry. I hope this is your cycle, but if it isn't I def recommend having pre-seed on hand for exactly the reason you describe. When we started ttc this spring I avoided my allergy meds (I just take OTC) for the reason you described in between the end of AF and O day. I relied heavily on tylenol and a neti pot. I am not recommending going that extreme as it could make you more prone to sinus infection to skip the meds, but my allergies let up once it gets hot here so for me it was doable.  You could also try adding green tea if you don't use that already and some people have success with Robitussin/Mucinex (there is a particular kind I am forgetting which it is but the internet will tell you) to try to replenish the CM. 
  • Options

@futbol0401 - Hey, another same-sex couple! Hello :) My DW is getting her first IUI today. Hopefully it will be her only. However, like you, I learned the hard way how complicated and difficult donor sperm conception can be. I carried our first baby and when I had my first IUI I was really excited because I thought it would work instantly. They tell you in high school that if there's even a drop of semen anywhere NEAR your lady parts you WILL get pregnant. Nope. Nope nope nope.

Anyway... I'm right here with ya. 9 DP IUI is pretty early still so hang in there and test again in a few days. Fingers crossed for you!!!

And indeed, I was very surprised to learn that the egg has such a short lifespan. When you're told you can get pregnant even when you're on your period you're lead to believe the egg hangs around for days and the sperm can live for weeks in your uterus. Definitely not the case.

• Options
    @jrm_14 Yes, The Great British Baking Show is on Netflix and it awesome. It is the most british thing ever to british. MH compares it to being wrapped in a warm blanket. Whereas a lot of Food Network cooking shows spend time on contestant sob stories (I'm sorry, I just don't care), the intros on TGBBS are very short and are like, "zamoraspin lives in Hartfordshireton with her H and her three dogs". Which segues into, our little senior dog (a 13 yo terrier) always sleeps on the bed, our 40 pound baby dog (3 yo) sometimes sleeps on the bed and sometimes goes in her crate, and our third scruffy terrier whose about 28 pounds (6 yo) sleeps on a couch in our room because he can't jump up on the bed plus he likes his alone time. 
  • Options
    @jrm_14. Ah!  I got trained in Creighton method too!  So cool.  Not to teach it, but that was where we started with our testing over a year ago. How did your friend get into it?
  • Options
    @zamora_spin.  Is your H British? I'll admit, I enjoy hearing Gordon Ramsey be a bit rude to people on shows.  

• Options
    jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited August 2017
    @BusinessWife. Awesome!  It is super informational and interesting.  As with anything, there are things you take & things you leave.  My friend's husband actually got her into it.  He is big in family planning isn't just a woman's concern.  They took a course on it through the church before they were married and wanted to teach others.  
    Edit: the words.
  • Options
    @jrm_14. Yah, we took it for wedding prep, just the intro, and learned more later.  Just annoyed tho bc I can't help but feel like the Church teaching must have playing into my doctors hesitancy get an S.A. for H and delayed our diagnosis... :/  he was convinced he could get ME pregnant.  Surprise surprise, not with zero sperm you're not!  :D
  • Options
    @jrm_14 Nope, MH is American. It's definitely not a drama filled show like Gordon Ramsey's, although I imagine it's very cutting to be told by those inscrutable british judges that your bake is "quite dry."
  • Options
    @steph5454 Mark Anthony?  womp womp... please try again dear, "She Bangs" is Ricky Martin ;) I'm TERRIBLE at artists/songs but that one I know because my father is a very strange man and was OBSESSED with Ricky Martin when I was younger.  Also RE name change: I'd say go for it, but maybe put a little disclaimer for a few days so we don't all go who the hell are you :)  Glad I could remind you to take your PNV, I take it with my daily med so thankfully I'm pretty good at remembering them.  That sucks about last night, I HATE when that happens :(  Drink all the water girl!

@zamora_spin NO WAY! My old kitty that I had with my ex (he still has her) we named Freya as well!  She is suppose to have had a chariot pulled by two cats :) To answer your quesiton, yes, Freyja is associated with love, sex, beauty, fertility, gold, sorcery, war, & death.  I think you need to start adding that to your WAYDTGKU :D

@jrm_14 lol MH ususally is good about helping out/does a majority of the house work, but we've been a little lazy lately since our friend passed away.  Lol... he (our friend) and I use to argue over MH cause he wanted MH to be his housewife :D That's so sweet that you got to spend time with your dad this morning.  I hope you all have a wonderful visit!

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• Options
    @BusinessWife. I could see how NaPro doctors would hesitate to do a SA.  I'm glad you're on the right path for you & your H now!
    @lurvleybunchococonuts. Still thinking about you & wishing your peace with your friend's recent passing.
  • Options
    @dukestar5 @lurvleybunchococonuts @zamora_spin Thank you for the AF sympathy. I'm honestly just waiting it out until the 6 month mark when I can go to the doctor to get testing done and a dx. 

@BusinessWife Your IVF is getting so close! So exciting! Also, you and your DH's interactions always sound so cute. 

@ajsanders-2 FX your DH gets the job!

@lurvleybunchococonuts Um..Can you please have your H come train mine? Like seriously. 

@futbol0401 Yes, I feel you on the symptoms spotting train today. 

@jrm_14 We were going to go to the pool, but if it rains we'll just get lunch somewhere. That's fun to have your parents in town! Will you be doing anything with them when they get back from the little town?
  • Options
    @nitnat007 - DH will hopefully hear back today, from what he told me last night. So FX!!!
    @jrm_14 - It will be in his same field of industrial engineering, but he'll actually be getting paid as an engineer should! At his current jobs now he does what he's supposed to be doing, but not getting what he should be getting paid at. Since the company he works for doesn't want to add the title of engineer on to his job description. 
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • Options
    @zamora_spin oh yes, i forgot about the mucinex.  Maybe I'll do that or ya know...amazon prime now some preseed?  
    @jrm_14 oh yes green tea, drinking now! i don't usually have bad allergies so they are basically gone now thank goodness.  sometimes they just seem to flair up randomly.
    @lurvleybunchococonuts oh man--i know i should have googled before responding.  Yes of course Ricky Martin!
    Thanks for the name change tips, hope to do that later this evening.  
  • Options

Month/cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 31/11

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1, O, +1, +2

Typical LP Length: 14-16

Testing: bfn so far, if AF doesn't show up today I'll test tomorrow

R/R: Nothing exciting 

CS/Q: Nothing this week, I was trying to just go with the flow and relax this time while TTC, but I think I'll start charting next month. All the uncertainty makes less relaxed and stressed. 

GTKY: What was the most surprising thing you learned when TTC that you didn't know before?

I knew the whole system is complicated (we studied the FP and LP in nursing school), but until I started trying I couldn't appreciate how complicated and amazing our bodies are. 

@zamora_spin It's not raining here and I'd still live to stay home and watch The Great British Bake Off all day!

@jrm_14 it's wonderful, but definitely not as active as a Gordon Ramsey show. I compare it to drinking an amazing cup of tea. One thing that makes me laugh is tha Americans have a hard time wrapping their head around there being no prize money.                                                   American: "What do they win?"                            Brit: "A cake plate."                                   American: "Ok, but really, how much money do they win?"                                                           Brit: "None"

TTGP October siggy 

***TW Living child and loss mentioned***

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    13 March 2017: Loss at 4+6

• Options

@lurvleybunchococonuts coconut No kidding I have a fertility god carving in my office. Have had it for years before I started this journey so not sure she is doing her part in this deal? But prepared to sacrifice some rodents too if it will work. Especially ones that my cats bring home as offerings. 

@jrm_14 Honestly I dont think I ever had the talk with my mom. I think I found out about how it all works from friends and possibly my older sister. She doesnt know that we are ttc but you better believe we will be sitting down and having this conversation once we get there lol. She says that they tried for years to have me so I am quite curious as to what methods they were using other than actually just doing the deed. 

Really nice that you got some time with your dad. So special. 

@futbol0401 Put me on that train too! But from now on I am just going to blame everything on my PNV. Ha!

@fishsticks-n-custard Yay DPO buddy!! There have been so many randos lately. That Ava one was shpecccal though! And great review on your part. Thanks for doing that. 

@ajsanders-2 Oh how exciting. FX that you have something to celebrate!

@MrsBunz FX for testing tomorrow. 

@stalkinghorse Sorry on the BFN today. And like you, I am not too sure how I would explain this journey either. Wait until they are old enough to give them TCOYF?? kidding!

@Steph5454 Definitely try Mucinex. It did wonders for me this cycle. FX your allergies go away soon. 

@zamora_spin I am very jealous of your day! I love Ramsey too!

• Options
    @stalkinghorse awww :blush: thanks!  Yes, MH is pretty darn awesome, he drives me batty, and picks on my incessantly, but I wouldn't ask for anything different.  He's a great guy.  Sorry about the BFN, FX it's too early and that AF stays away.  It is really easy to get stressed over everything, feel free to PM me :)

@MrsBunz LOL @ the description of The Great British Bake Off, you've nailed it for American's not understanding people might do a competition just for fun.  You guys had awesome timing, I hope it pays off this cycle and AF doesn't show up.  Again, FX it's just too early today.  

@fishsticks-n-custard Awesome Ava review girl!  Btw, love the simplicity of your nails :)  And I know, right?  All that abstaining for no reason ;)

@steph5454 LMAO ;)  Not gonna lie, I googled it before responding to you to make sure Mark Anthony didn't write it or do a remake or anything HAHA

@skilledsailor LOL, I dunno for as many good habits MH has he might corrupt yours with some equally awful ones :D  Also, I can't take any of the credit, he came pre-trained (thank you MIL, I may think you're nutty, but you're effective?)

@jrm_14 Aw, thanks girl! We're doing alright, it sucks, and it hurts everytime we pass by his house or think about him, but we're focusing on the good memories.  

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    Lol, to be clear, I did not stay home. I just WANTED to stay home. Have instead been at work. I realized everyone was saying they were jealous of my day and... don't be. 
  • Options
    @lurvleybunchococonuts I love when MH plays housewife too. It's the best. I really wish he would do it now so I don't have to deal with laundry or our messy house when I get home
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @nitnat007 that's cool! I have two little carvings that I had gotten from a resale store, one if for love the other prosperity.  My cats stick primarily to bugs thankfully, although (I wasn't home for this but according to DH) a mole got in our apt, one cat chased it under the fridge, when it ran out the other side the other cat pounced immediately and then got mad she didn't get to eat it.  So... I'm eternally grateful that's the extent of it, although some additional offerings may come in handy these days ;)  

@lee^2 It's so great coming home on days he cleaned :) It was an added bonus yesterday because I was totally prepared to do it myself when I got home last night.

ETA: spelling

PCOS dx January 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 

• Options
    @stalkinghorse. I go to a satellite office one day a week.  It is a change of scenery but not the best set up for when I have clients.  Today I'm at a folding table in the break room. And I'm exhausted today so the farther drive was a struggle.

• Options
    @zamora_spin oh funny yes, I definitely thought you were home today. 

Wow, I missed all the drive-by action. I had to go back and read it all. (Productivity at work down to zero)
  • Options
    @lee^2  Right?!  I think MH is actually better at me at cleaning things up, and he somehow manages to do it 10x faster.  

@blackhottamales  You changed your username!  Had me confused for a hot minute. lol

@jrm_14  Your comment back to me made me laugh!  Any time (even bathroom time) works for stargazing. ;)  Also, that is so cool that you learned about fertility early on and that your sister recommended the book to you.  If you don't mind me asking, what is your chronic condition that you mentioned?  ((Hopefully not overstepping by asking)).

@fishsticks-n-custard   Loved that meeting gif! 

@MrsBunz   Sorry about the BFN...FX that is still may be too early for you.  If not, I do recommend charting.  I think it will give you more peace of mind.  I like having all of the data to review and analyze.  (And I like being able to compare one month from another).  

@stalkinghorse   I love reading your comments.  You are always so thoughtful.  And yes, I completely agree on the wealth of information we have in this bumpie support group.