Military Families
Options

Hey!! TTC and in TWW after secondary IF!!

New to this board, but not to The Bump community! 

After years of BFNs, my husband and I went to an RE for assistance! We are in the TWW and DH is due to deploy by end of month. If this is not successful, we will continue treatments via frozen reserves and IUIs.

I will be going through pregnancy on my own with my DD (10yr.) We are due to PCS within 2 months of his return. 

We were close to weight limits with our move here. Would y'all wait to set up baby room at new Duty Station and get the minimal s now?  If I am still pregnant how difficult is it to get new doctors in the last trimester?  I am really hoping this is not the case!! But I also know traveling with a newborn maybe difficult as well!

Re: Hey!! TTC and in TWW after secondary IF!!

• Options
    MrsBunzMrsBunz member
    edited August 2017
    Definitely wait for most of the stuff until after PCS. Newborns can do without most of the bells and whistles for the first few months (and longer depending on what you are buying). Switching OBs in the 3rd trimester is never fun, but it's  done by mil spouses all the time. The actual switch isn't the hard part, it's trying to find a new OB you'll like and a hospital to deliver at. I suggest you find your new base's spouse connection page on Facebook and ask for OB recommendations, I find it's the best way to find a TriCare doc people trust. Driving with an infant can be difficult, but so far, I've found driving 14 hours with my son at 8 weeks was way easier than doing it when he was 12 months, the same goes for flying. 
    TTGP October siggy 

***TW Living child and loss mentioned***

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    13 March 2017: Loss at 4+6

• Options
    Thank you! I wasn't aware that we could "pick" our doctors! I will definitely try this as my first Army OB was rude and didn't listen to concerns. I chalked it up to being young and overly concerned. Transferred to a civilian clinic for a high risk pregnancy and felt so much at ease. 

Since i I have been through this before, I know there are several things I would chose to do without. But also feel drawn to decorating! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You might not be able to pick completely, if your base offers OB care, you'll probably have to be seen on base, but the others wives on that base will have had experience with the military OBs on base. If your base doesn't offer OB care (not sure what branch you are, we are AF and most of the bases only have clinics with GYN but not OB), you will get a referral off base to the OB of your choice that accepts TriCare. 
    TTGP October siggy 

***TW Living child and loss mentioned***

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    13 March 2017: Loss at 4+6

• Options
    LO was 4 months old before she moved into her own nursery, due to moving cross country when she was 2 months and then needing to get unpacked before actually getting around to doing the nursery. I really suggest it. That way you can enjoy the space you worked on decorating for awhile. LO was only every in her "nursery" in the previous house for diaper changes anyway and the pack and play we had was perfect for that.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::