August 2017 Moms

Weekly Random 8/7

2»

Re: Weekly Random 8/7

• @lewliv that's so interesting about the contractions. I hadn't had any I could feel aside from BH while walking until this week (38 weeks as of Monday) and at my appt last week the doctor seemed surprised, but we didn't do an NST. Did they do that specifically to check for contractions? I've had them at night now only the last few days but good to know that we could be having them without feeling it, too.

I met my friend for lunch at Facebook HQ today and had a huge, amazing salad and an ice cream cone for free. I almost wish I was craving something a little more gluttonous...the options were so overwhelming and I am like a bottomless pit right now.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @lewliv - I had the same experience two weeks ago when I went in for monitoring cause I had a fall. Lots of contractions on the sheet - no idea they were happening!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Loading the player...
  • @kvh22 I opted to have a NST early (I'm 38+4, they usually do it once you hit your due date) because supposedly I'm at a higher risk of baby distress because I'm 35 (old lady's placentas may not be as awesome at the end). The goal is to monitor baby's heartbeat acceleration but it also tracks contractions. It was interesting to see that I have pretty regular contractions even if I can't feel them.
  • @HappyToBeHere DH and I just agreed to get a cleaning lady 2x month once I'm back to work. I am SO excited. Glad to hear from the ladies who say it is worth it :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lewliv @kvh22 That happened with my first. I didn't think I was having any contractions, not even BH. They hooked me up to machine and I was having a lot and they weren't pretty steady. I had no clue! 
  • I'm still waiting for my little dude to make his appearance. Still cramping and tons of pelvic pressure, but noting seems to be happening. I've had tons of people bug me today about if he is here yet. I have an OB appointment first thing tomorrow, and I should find out how far I've progressed, if at all, and I think I'll be talking to her about getting the process moving asap. Baby has measured big for a while, so I'll see what she recommends. 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Having a cleaning lady is the best! I definitely recommend one if you can fit it into the budget.

Also, is anyone else grossed out by these Oragel ads on the bump? I gag every time I see the video of the dog licking inside the baby's mouth! 
  • Spinal headaches are the worst. Going on day 6 of mind numbing pain. It's so frustrating to not be able to do anything useful!!
  • @Vamason89 did you get a spinal headache from an epidural? I had one from my epidural. I went 11 days with excruciating pain before getting a blood patch. Definitely recommend the blood patch. Felt so much better!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 I got the blood patch before leaving the hospital. It worked for 12 hours. 
  • anyone already pick our a halloween costume for their LO? mine will be heading to daycare around then. DH and I usually start planning our costumes about now. Anyone else do a family costume theme? Have one picked out this year that includes your new LO? :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker