August 2017 Moms

Re: Weekly Random 8/7

• Loading the player...
  • I'm going to be in the hospital till Saturday :/ I'm nervous thinking about how I'm going to do everything by myself with c section recovery, once I get home. 
  • @BlackNYellow I will definitely look into that! Thanks 
  • Cranky my mom isn't here yet since our plans changed. Not sleeping well.. too anxious I think. Been doing some deep cleaning randomly around the house and doing some squats here and there trying to motivate this baby to come out! I wish I had something exciting. Treating myself to a mani/pedi tomorrow after my 39 weeks appointment where I expect to be very irritated or very happy if they schedule an induction so I have this baby while my family is here. 
  • dma0389dma0389 member
    edited August 2017
    Also been trying to motivate baby to make her appearance by going on the treadmill & elliptical here at work and still going to Pure Barre 4-5x/week in the afternoons. Although I am happy I'm getting chauffeur service to & from work by DH now & working 4 hours a day. I can't say if I'm productive or not these days LOL. I do love coming home to my 2 yo DS and hanging out with him (MiL watches him while we are at work). 

I am tired of hearing the comments and questions from people at work when I walk in the mornings - "you're still here?" etc. YES, I'm still here and YES she's not out yet....NEXT! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can't believe the amount of post partum swelling I have. I never knew this was a thing. I've only lost six lbs since Thursday because of it! 
  • Just chilling at home (working from the kitchen table), waiting for my little dude to arrive.  Its my due date, and I thought things were progressing yesterday, but now im wondering if he will ever come out.  None of the natural induction things have worked yet.  So I here I am, just waiting, and filling out the thank you cards from our shower, hoping that it might get me going. . . 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • I can't believe the amount of post partum swelling I have. I never knew this was a thing. I've only lost six lbs since Thursday because of it! 
    I haven't weighed myself since delivering but I have probably tripled in foot/ankle swelling since. I was super swollen with DD so this isn't new to me but still sucks. I'm wearing compression socks 24/7 (except showers).

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• bumpybump said:
    I just broke down hormonal crying because I realized I can sell DD's shoes since we had a boy and he won't wear them. Such a random thing to cry about. Oh hormones!
    Hugs. This is one of my "I know this emotional breakdown is going to happen" if this LO comes out a little boy. 
  • @bumpybump I really should get some. I was at the baby's appt for two hours yesterday and with the drive that was three hours without elevation. I had elephant ankles!! 
  • I'm finally getting around to changing my name on my stock, investment, and bank accounts - they have to match my ID for our trust. DH printed everything for me since I've been working from home. Both in the email and on the post it, I said how many copies I needed of our marriage license, my DL, and my SS card, and he literally did the opposite (too many of 2 documents, not enough of 1) so I'm going to drive over to his office at lunch so he can make copies. Not what I had planned for today while trying to wrap up my transition doc for my backfill but his office is closer than mine and I won't have to make myself presentable.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @bumpybump Ugh the hormone crash is real. I remember crying randomly that first week thinking about how DD will never stay this tiny  :'(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited August 2017
    Dangle feeding is awesome!! I had a major blockage for two days now. Like a quarter of my breast was hard and wouldn't soften because of clogged ducts. Well I got on my elbows and knees, dangled my breast over baby with chin pointing towards the clog (so she was upside down), and she sucked it right out. She got full so I manually expressed some more. Such relief! Just a tip to share! 
  • My SS's mom. Just informed me that he has had a fever of over 102 for the last five days and they ran some tests. She has suggested that it's possibly mono. Is it horrible that I totally don't want him coming over for dinner tomorrow?! At 39 weeks, I do not want a fever or mono!!
  • @Kudlica27 oh heck no! I'd definitely nix the visit! I had mono a month before my wedding and it was terrible. I'd have to take naps at work just to make it.
  • @Kudlica27 I understand. My son had a GI bug his first day home with the baby. I was so worried. Unfortunate part of older siblings. Don't let him breathe on you and wash your hands a lot. 
  • caity024 said:
    Patting myself hard on the back. It took me almost 6 hours, but I have 24 freezer meals stocked and tonight's dinner in the crockpot. Now it's nap time!
    I was thinking of food prepping today and then took a nap instead  :D I wish I had your motivation today 
  • DH has a bad cold and some type of rash on his arms from working in the yard this weekend. DS1 started complaining of a sore throat today.  I want to be in a bubble and keep the germs away.  Why does everyone have to start getting sick right before the baby is due?  It's the summer.  We should all be healthy.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Kudlica27 said:
    My SS's mom. Just informed me that he has had a fever of over 102 for the last five days and they ran some tests. She has suggested that it's possibly mono. Is it horrible that I totally don't want him coming over for dinner tomorrow?! At 39 weeks, I do not want a fever or mono!!
    @Kudlica27 Not horrible! That's just no good at this point in your pregnancy. Also your poor SS needs rest and not to leave the house for dinner.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just went to go get my wedding ring inspected and when I said I'm due in 18 days, the lady goes "That's all you have left? You don't even look miserable!" Thanks, random lady whose opinion I didn't ask for?
  • @HappyToBeHere that is a great life choice! It will feel amazing to have a clean house without having to do the work. 

Im loving the mesh undies they give you at the hospital! Super comfy! 

• Super random, but i think is absolutely crazy how much different everyone's bodies treat going into labor. Like I am walking around 4 cm dilated since 35 weeks and haven't gone into active labor yet and my best friend water breaks and she isn't even dilated at all. Crazy how any scenario is possible. I know my baby will come when he is good and ready. It just baffles me how vastly different everyone is. Even pregnancy to pregnancy. Random thought of today...... 
  • @szwill86 - my SIL messaged me the other day and asked if I was miserable yet. It's couldn't believe it lol. (She's never been pregnant). I just got a message asking if he's here yet from a not even very close friend lol. When I said no she asked if I was dialted yet haha. Seriously 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• My sister leaves tomorrow for a 2 week vacation to Europe, and it's looking like baby won't be here before she leaves. I'm devastated bc she and I are so close, and she's the one person I want to be there.  Since DS was early, we were all so convinced this baby would be also.  Due date is Saturday with no sign of baby coming before that. I've been 2cm and 70% for 4 weeks now.

Another random... moms are the best.  My mom came over this afternoon to let me nap and to cook us dinner for tonight.  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Hahaha @SpotConlon so true 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• A male coworker (in his 50s, adores babies) asked me today "what if you go into labor right here, right now, and the baby is coming NOW. Would you trust me to deliver?" I was like uhhhhh no! Have you ever delivered a baby? "No, but I helped my wife breath" SO WEIRD! I know this guy means we'll, but COME ON, I don't want a coworker to help me birth my child!!
  • @kristenk727 Moms are the best! That's so nice of your mom to step in and give you a break.  My mom saw I was struggling after a few weeks of taking the night shift once DH went back to work, and she literally took over a big part of the night so I could rest and has been making us meals and cleaning. She's incredible.  I really don't know how people have a newborn with no help at all. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kristenk727 @secicc12 definitely loving my mom lately too. I haven't had the baby yet but she's helped with so much of the deep cleaning and chores I just don't like doing. 
  • My random is that it can get annoying having people ask all the time if Ethan was a premie. Yes, I get that he is small and was just barely not a premie, but I don't necessarily want to get asked all the time. At the same time, I do love people asking questions about him.
    BabyFruit Ticker