January 2018 Moms

Randoms Week of 7/31

13»

Re: Randoms Week of 7/31

• @TInman87 that sounds so stressful! Tbh, I don't know much about it but I do know that patients' voices are important. You could write a letter to the doctor and the network and ask any friends who are in similar situations to do so as well. This just happened in MN with a famous provider and network, and they came to an agreement only due to pressure. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Good luck.
  • @auntieraindrop Get some Palmers nipple butter! It smells like chocolate, and it is food grade, so when you get to breastfeeding you don't have to wipe it off before feeding baby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Well. I can't sleep. I'm too busy being obsessed with the big ticket items we haven't picked up yet for the baby. I finally settled on a car seat to hopefully pick up in a couple of weeks.

Like, I can logic through the stressor that got me here: it's my last week at my full-time job, then I'm back at my part-time job, and I'd wanted to use those extra funds for the expensive baby items, which hasn't happened for various reasons.

Also my husband goes to work at 3am, which changed our bedtime routine. I always have a harder time falling asleep after he does.
  • @scatteringashes I've been having an awful time sleeping too. However, in my case, it's been typical pregnancy waking up frequently and also having to pee frequently. I feel you though.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• bainidhedubbainidhedub member
    edited August 2017
    ehh i'll save this for MBF
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• @scatteringashes
    It may be worth holding out on those big ticket items till Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales happen. Since it's still a few months away you can plan it out, list what you need, and estimate how much money you'll need saved to pull the trigger. 
  • @scatteringashes I second what @LemmyRN said. We picked up DS convertible carseat, that was within the weight limit for him even at a newborn/infant, on Black Friday for about $100+ less than the standard retail/Amazon price. 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LemmyRN @supercoolstephy That's a perfectly logical plan -- I hadn't considered baby stuff for those sorts of sales. :)