Trying to Get Pregnant

Chart Stalk & Questions Thread W/O 7/31

2»

Re: Chart Stalk & Questions Thread W/O 7/31

• @jrm_14 I agree with the ladies above. We have only used it the once and it very much like watery CM and not EWCM. Also only used it like a regular lube. To use the plunger, as suggested, it would literally just run right out of you. I was concerned that things were merely getting "flushed" out as opposed to being helped along. 
  • <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/pebbledam">pebbledam</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText">@SkilledSailor - The monitor is an actual device that you use starting early in your cycle that measures estrogen and LH in order to give you low, high, and peak readings based on your baseline taken before FW. You'll <b>just want to use the +/- OPK option if you are using wondfos</b>. O generally happens 12-36 hours after your first +OPK and <b>you'll need 3 elevated temps about your coverline to confirm O. </b>Temping is a way to confirm O retroactively and to help predict when you will O in the future. By the time your temp has spiked on that first day, O has already happened. </div>
    </blockquote>
    ^^^WSS.  I recommend you actually go back and change your monitor/opk line to just show your true positive opks.  A true positive is as dark or darker than the control line.  The rest are negative.  Better not to use the Monitor line unless you are <i>actually using the Monitor,</i> but TBT, I did use it for my CBAdvs, tho (L = O, b/c I had at least started seeing on things, H = blinkie/flashy smile, Peak = solid smiley).

Advanced or Research detection modes are both taking into account multiple signs/ symptoms, so it will factor in temps, opks, cm, co etc.  The more, (and also more accurate), data you can put in the better. ;)  but it's looking for a <i>sustained</i> <i>temp shift</i>, that's why it waits for three temps above the previous 6, (more or less. Strictly speaking thats FAM detection mode.) One high temp does not constitute a <i>shift</i>.
  • Loading the player...
  • @jrm_14 - I bought a lube called conceive plus that I think is a little better than pre-seed. But yeah, if you go with pre-seed I don't recommend the plunger method.... Just sayin...
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @fishsticks-n-custard. Ha, that's is FAR from overshare in my opinion.
    @nitnat007 the plunger makes me think of monistat!
    @pebbledam . I saw that, too.  And it is cheaper!
  • LMFAO @doxiemoxie212 I'm drinking with you girl! I always complain to dh when he makes me cuddle in the "wet spot". I haven't used pressed but I can imagine swampy puddles described by others :D  Also @fishsticks-n-custard *high five* get it girl! 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @lurvleybunchococonuts @doxiemoxie212. MH went to bed already. I was contemplating breaking out the wine, too.  It's Saturday & I can sleep in tomorrow for the first time in an absurdly long time.
  • For those that experience/have O pain -- where is it usually located, and how long does it last?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @jrm_14 I never read the pre-seed directions but I have used the plunger with just a small amount of the lube and that works ok. I've found just a little goes a long way and it's useful to have on hand for the monthly marathon of HIO. 
    @izza2 For me O pain usually starts a couple days before O. It feels like sharp pinching and is localized to a spot right over the ovary. When I get O pain it is on and off for the rest of that cycle, even after O - that is not true for everyone. I only get O pain on my right side and I am prone to cysts on that side as well.
  • @izza2 I usually start getting O pain when my fertile EWCM starts. Achy pains with spark exacerbations on one side or the other, seems to alternate so I'm guessing it's the side that's ovulating. Usually they're more severe when I actually ovulate and intermittently during TWW. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @jrm_14, I usually use the plunger with Preseed and don't have any problems with dripping, but I've learned to only use a small amount. My first few times I used too much and did feel like I was oozing Preseed in a rather unsexy way...
  • @BusinessWife Thank you for taking the time to clear that up for me. All the ones that I marked as high were as dark as the control line but the one that I marked as + was darker. Should I delete all but the current + or change them back to +'s? 
  • @SkilledSailor. So, yeah I see what you're saying, wow!  I never got wondfos to get that consistently dark for me.  Maybe leave it as is for now, see if you get CH.  But next cycle  (if there is one), or if FF seems confused, then just use the opk line and wait for that True Positive - DARKER than control before putting +.  So everything else would be - even if it is pretty close!!!  I never turned a true positive with wondfos so it was tough; I just marked a + for the darkest one I had seen, but since they seem to like you, lol that's what I would do... for next time. Or not. ;)  GL!!!
  • @SkilledSailor. YAY!!!!  Congrats on being in the TWW!!! :)
  • @izza2 My O pains feel very similar to how @zamora_spin described hers. I experience it on both sides (not in the same month) though. Mine usually start about a week before O and go away a day or two into the TWW. 
  • @zamora_spin  @fishsticks-n-custard  @adirat  @SkilledSailor
    Thank you guys for your answers! Last month I had them on my left side, and this month on my right side. In hindsight I realized the pains last month were likely O pains, but at the time I figured it was a gas bubble that just took a long time to go away.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 That's probably it then! When I first started ttc, I thought my O pains might be gas until a few cycles went by and it was always the same thing and always the day before my temp shift.

• Ah I found where I can post this!
  • Sigh. My question didn't post. I'll try again. Take a look at my chart please? It's my first month temping and I'm not sure I O'd. FF changed the date from CD 12 to 13 after today's temp. My temps just seem wonky. The missed day was due to alcohol and the open circle I woke up late and had a few drinks the night before. Last month ttc before a long break so, holding out hope I actually ovulated.
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b3fa0
  • @stlgirl62331 I think the temps + OPK look promising for ovulation. Did you have any CM you didn't record?

• @stlgirl62331 did you take any opks prior to the positive one noted? 
  • @adirat I didn't check cm this cycle because on my previous cycles, it has meant nothing to me. Lol. I was just diagnosed with PCOS and my cm can be all over the place. The PCOS diagnoses led me to track bbt instead of looking at other signs because even a positive opk can be false for me. Though I still use them.. haha. :)
    @doxiemoxie212 I did from about CD 7. All negative until a questionable one on CD 12 that my SO thought was positive, But I didn't think it was 100% there yet. 
  • @stlgirl62331 ah, def put all negatives in in the future. It helps ff narrow things down. 
  • @stlgirl62331 Got it. Yeah, I've heard that CM and OPKs aren't super reliable for PCOS. I wish it were easier to pinpoint ovulation for my PCOS friends! That's gotta be frustrating.

• @doxiemoxie212 I didn't know That! Thank you. I will definitely update it.
    @adirat haha it is so frustrating! I had a positive digital opk last cycle, lo and behold I never did ovulate which led to the PCOS diagnosis. Temping is supposed to be my salvation but I'm still ending up confused lol!
  • @stlgirl62331If you feel comfortable sharing, did anything else lead you to a PCOS diagnosis?  (Just curious. Totally none of my business)

As for me, has anyone had a known uterine septum prior to TTC?  I know everyone is different and there are different lengths, etc.  I am wondering what was other people's doctors response? Proactive vs possible reactive,if need be? 
  • @jrm_14 I don't mind sharing at all. The only symptom I has was a period being 2 weeks late when that's never happened. Then I learned my mom had cysts on her ovary when she had one removed. I told my doctor and he decides to test me though he didn't think I had it. I'm not overweight, no excess hair, no thinning or receding hair, ect. My hormones told a different story. I'm now on medication to bring down my high cholesterol, fix my abnormal testosterone, an anti diabetic. A lot of problems at only 25! Hsg also ordered for possible tubal blockage but that's a whole other story, lol. 
  • @jrm_14  Our dear friend @hezzer78 just had a septum removed, and I believe another beloved Grad @loveinak may have been through that as well...  the search tool may be helpful to even help comb the BMBs for people you could PM who have had success after having a septum removed, if that's what youre looking for, too, because I know there are others. ❤
  • Thanks, @BusinessWife! I am usually mobile but will jump on a desktop to search.  :)
  • @jrm_14 Yes, I just had my septum removed on July 28. Feel free to PM any questions you may have! :)
  • sapphiredayssapphiredays member
    edited August 2017
    Coming out of serious lurker ville....

Using actual egg white is a recommendation given in the book taking charge of your fertility, or at least the version I have. I'm assuming that's where other people got the idea. I think my version is older so not sure if it's in the most recent one or if she actually recommends preseed now. 
  • @jrm_14 Hi. I had a septum removed in 2015. Feel free to message me with any questions