August 2017 Moms

Sunday ticker change 8/6

How far along are you & how big is baby?  

Upcoming appointments?  

Symptoms?  

Cravings?  

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

GTKY: first person to comment asks a gtky that they've been wanting to ask  :# 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sunday ticker change 8/6

• How far along are you & how big is baby?  39 weeks and the size of an American shorthair cat

Upcoming appointments?  Tomorrow with a different midwife than usual

Symptoms?  I'm getting more Braxton hicks every once in a while and I think baby has dropped down lower, but it might just be wishful thinking!

Cravings?  I made a batch of waffles last night because they sounded so good. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? We met our dog babysitter this week. Hopefully it goes well for her and our people-shy doggos when I'm in the hospital! They didn't seem to mind her since she was pretty chill. 

GTKY: first person to comment asks a gtky that they've been wanting to ask   No pressure or anything, lol. Well, since I'm kind of just in waiting mode, I'm filling a lot of time with TV binging (summers off are pretty great). My question is:

What TV show are you currently watching? What TV show do you regularly rewatch?

For me, I'm currently watching Hart of Dixie. It gives me a very lighthearted break from whatever dramatic show I'm watching with DH (currently Ozark which is very very dark.) A show I regularly rewatch is Thirtysomething because I have the television taste of a baby boomer 
    :D 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you & how big is baby?  36 weeks / Cabbage Patch Doll

Upcoming appointments?  This Wednesday. Not sure if the GBS swab is this week or next. 

Symptoms?  I'm at the point where it's really difficult to walk because of aches & pains. I'm basically on self imposed bedrest (which is hilarious with 3 kids). I waddle/shuffle just to get to the bathroom. 

Cravings?  Everything. All the food. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  My parents kept both boys overnight last night, which was amazing! They also watched DD while we went out to eat (last date night before baby)! 

GTKY: What TV show are you currently watching? What TV show do you regularly rewatch? I just binged & caught up on Power on Starz. I started watching a brand new show on NBC called Midnight, Texas and The Strain is back on Sunday nights (as well as GoT).

@SpotConlon We watched The Ozarks too. It was dark, but I liked seeing that side of Jason Bateman, and I love Laura Linney. 

I can always rewatch old episodes of Sons of Anarchy, or HGTV for hours. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you & how big is baby?  39 weeks - pumpkin

Upcoming appointments?  The usual Thursday visit. 

Symptoms?  I get winded so fast! Carpel tunnel. Tender spots on my belly. 

Cravings?  Just crushed one - strawberry milkshake. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm officially off work for a year now and it was a bit harder than I thought it was going to be to leave. Once he's here, I'm sure I'll be all good. 

GTKY: I love to repeat Greys over and over, ever since the show started. We watch Big Brother in the summers. I like Suits too.   
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• How far along are you & how big is baby?  39 weeks. Pumpkin 

Upcoming appointments?  Thursday 

Symptoms?  Slow and achy. Tiny bouts of nesting- but I still feel like there is a ton I could be doing. I also have been super crampy down low   

Cravings?  Lemonade 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Raves: everyone in my house is taking a nap. Dog, toddler, DH, and hopefully me too.  Also start maternity leave on Monday (or I suppose you coooooould say working from home.) but I have plans for a pedicure and a long bath lined up for my Monday! 

GTKY: first person to comment asks a gtky that they've been wanting to ask   I have seen the entire series of friends two or three times. 
  • How far along are you & how big is baby?  

38 weeks. Winter Melon.

Upcoming appointments?  

Tomorrow! After my appointment on Thursday where we found out amniotic fluid was low, I wasn't put on restricted activity and talk to drink a LOT of watermelon over the weekend. I'll ha e a sonogram tomorrow to check fluid and decide next steps. I'm super anxious. Prepared for an admit, trying to be prepared to go home, wanting to meet my son, by also wanting to wait until next weekend so my hubby has 3 days off. Lol! I'm a hot mess. 

Symptoms?  

Lots of Braxton Hicks with some real ones thrown in to keep things interesting. lol!

Cravings? 

Fruit and and cottage cheese!

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

My doctor is an amazing person. I really really respect him as a person and think he is just think I hit the OB jackpot!

Also, The Bump has the most God-awful "predictive text" EVER for the mobile app. 

GTKY: first person to comment asks a gtky that they've been wanting to ask  

TV shows? Just finished OITNB, and Young and Hungry. Started on Baby Daddy. 
  • dma0389dma0389 member
    edited August 2017
    How far along are you & how big is baby?   38 weeks & a Ukulele or winter melon

Upcoming appointments?  This thursday

Symptoms?  Carpel Tunnel on my right hand/wrist. It's horrible in the mornings, just started like 2-3 days ago. Also, my mucus plug came out yesterday (no bloody show) so now it's the waiting game. 

Cravings?  Watermelon and Taro Boba Tea

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I went early at 36 weeks with DS in 2014, no NICU time and he was perfect weighing in at 6 lbs 9.2 oz. So now with baby girl I hit 38 weeks and even though I am not past EDD it's just weird. It's good she's cooking in the oven, but it's very different for me.

GTKY: We removed cable a few weeks ago so I haven't really watched TV in like a month. I haven't even watch much either on Netflix. I feel like ever since we got rid of cable, I'm a cavewoman and don't know shows or the latest. I read the news online these days. wwaaaahhhhhhh :( 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SpotConlon @PinkPrincessPiper DH is a financial advisor so he was like, "I heard about this new show called Ozarks.." I watched the first episode and couldn't get through it. Way too much for me. He watched the whole thing and said I definitely wouldn't have liked it.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @aehogan90 It's a pretty bleak show with very little humor. It's not a favorite, but we're already 4 episodes in so I'll probably watch it until the end. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ozarks is filmed where I live. There is casting for extras all the time. A family friend of ours was in an episode. We haven't watched yet, but we plan to
    37 Weeks!!! Full term!

Upcoming appointments?  
    This week I have my first internal with the OB and weekly NST at the MFM office. 

Symptoms?  
    After having intense Braxton Hicks for ages my body has mostly cooled it with them unless my bladder is full.

It's odd but at the end of week I started feeling a shift in my body, as if it's no longer about trying to stay pregnant but is changing its focus on preparing for labor. I don't feel as if labor is imminent or that means I'm not going to go 40 weeks but I can tell things are headed towards that direction.

Cravings?  
    Watermelon. And I craved to my chocolate chip muffin craving earlier today. I only ate the top part and my sugar was higher than my normal but still well under the target. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    How can it be so uncomfortable to be in bed these days?! Bed is supposed to be comfy not feel like a pool of suffocating quick sand. 

GTKY: TV show: 
    Friends and 30 Rock are my two favorites to watch again and again.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @aehogan90 It's a pretty bleak show with very little humor. It's not a favorite, but we're already 4 episodes in so I'll probably watch it until the end. 
    Yeah that's what I've heard. He was too invested at that point. But apparently it takes some pretty dark turns.

@SouthernMama15 go be an extra and I'll watch your scene!
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Lol @Nxy on your GTKY. Nicely done!

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

37 weeks - romaine lettuce 

Upcoming appointments?  
    Checkup tomorrow.

Symptoms?  
    My insomnia has been awful for the past week.  I'm up for hours during the middle of the night.  I'm crampy at times, but I think it's more related to stomach issues than anything else.  After being constipated for most of this pregnancy, now a lot of things I eat seem to bother my stomach.

Cravings?  
    Ice cream and all kinds of desserts.  I'm looking forward to getting off the GD diet after delivery.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    I decided to try to contact the furniture store where we ordered the crib and dresser from because it was supposed to be in within the next week.  After calling multiple times on Saturday and Sunday, we decided to drive the 30 minutes to the store because I had a bad feeling about it.  It turns out that the store was closed.  We were able to get in touch with the owner, he said he lost the building, but is still following through on the orders.  He gave us his cell phone number and said the furniture should be in soon.  I'm kind of freaking out about it, but hoping it works out in the end.  

DS1 was a month old when his furniture arrived because the shipment was delayed and he was born early.  DS2's furniture arrived right around when he was born.  Neither kid liked the crib and I usually have the baby in our room at the beginning anyway to make things easier with BFing, but I just want to have the room set up.  This is probably the first time the nesting instinct has kicked in and it's driving me a little crazy that things aren't finished.

GTKY: first person to comment asks a gtky that they've been wanting to ask   
    DH and I recently finished watching Friends from College and the most recent season of Homeland.  My problem is that I'm passing out from exhaustion by the time we start watching something so then I need to catch up.  It takes a while to get through everything when I keep falling asleep.

I love watching old episodes of Friends again.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @MetsGirl18 was friends from college any good?  It's on my to watch list. 
  • @AbbeyH DH and I liked it.  I thought it was pretty funny and worth watching.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @AbbeyH I liked Friends from College. There are a lot of terrible decisions being made that made it sort of a cringe-watch, but I love the actors on the show.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!  We'll start it once this boy gets here!!!