August 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread 8/7

How are you feeling today? Anything new to report?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 8/7

• My baby definitely dropped because I'm now getting up 2-3 times a night to use the bathroom. 

Plus us a lot more lightning crotch. It was only happening when I walked last week and now it happens when im sitting or laying too. I'm hoping that means I'm dilating! 

My my appetite is also insane. I simply can not eat enough food! 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• That meme is 100% how I feel getting out of bed hahaha
    I'm feeling pretty large, so I am looking forward to the end of this and finally getting to meet my baby. I am, however, a little nervous (a lot nervous) about being a FTM so there are a lot of emotions going on!
    I am also on a sweet kick currently, not mad about it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Three hours of weak contractions before bed & waking up to the same weak contractions in the morning *sigh*

My induction at 41w is scheduled for Wednesday and I REALLY want to go naturally. Cmon baby!!!
  • Trouble sleeping still. Up to pee about 3x times a night, can't get comfortable, the slightest snore from my husband wakes me up...So frustrating in that I'm about to have a baby yet can't get a good night sleep!!!

I also have noticed a big increase in appetite lately! Just want to shove food in my mouth constantly. I've gone into forget it mode and have just started inhaling all the food. 

My menstral like cramps are increasing in frequency, but not intensity, daily and the same goes for pelvic aches, increased pressure in my crotch, and lower back pain. Nothing is getting intense even when combined with my Braxton hicks, but I do feel like this is the start of my body shifting over to get ready for eventual labor. 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had light cramps all weekend, and could feel that baby was dropping.  The cramps were not trackable and I just ended up walking more with DH to "walk him out!" (not that I think it works).  Woke up early this am and had a new sign (TMI) and my cramps are happening fairly consistently, but nothing that has me running to the hospital yet.  Hoping that it will be soon though! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @Mango517 My cramps feel the exact same, with lower back pain now too. I'm only 38 weeks so I'm torn between excited "is this happening soon" feelings and "stay in there a little longer" for logistical reasons (not ready to be done work yet, mom and sister visiting, timing of maternity leave ending). The constant hunger is also hitting me.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Been having contractions every 6 minutes since Saturday night, but they haven't progressed to anything quicker yet. I am only 36 weeks (so he really needs to bake longer) I called  the on call doctor yesterday and she  told me there was nothing they could do for me if i went to labor and delivery unless my water breaks on it's own. So I am just waiting until they become unbearable or my water breaks. But  I am completely miserable. I realize my body is just practicing but this sucks to not feel very well ,but not real progress and my appetite has completely left. So hopefully my water breaks soon or it stops all together. I am fine with him staying in another week or two. Third pregnancies are tricky (you would l think your body would act the same) cause the other two didn't do this to me until it was real and I honestly have three whole weeks left until my scheduled induction date. So frustrating when you don't know what call to make and the the on call doctor cannot legally do anything because you are not considered term yet... 
  • Well, 9 days to go if the boy chooses to come on his due date. I'm read. My back hurts, I can't sleep, I pee CONSTANTLY and I'm always thirsty and hungry. Like, always so hungry. I've been craving sweets and dairy/protein a lot. I'm currently eating cheese, cottage cheese, and hard boiled eggs for lunch with a few pretzels. Lol! At least it's not super unhealthy, but I can't get enough dairy and protein! Tried to "walk him out" this weekend but nothing happened, of course, worth a shot though! DD and I explored our local metro parks and had some fun on what may have been our last girls-only weekend <3
  • I've been a bottomless pit - I want to eat everything. Leaving work last week was kinda hard but now I'm greatful I don't have to focus on trying to get enough sleep. Lots of puppy naps with Finn today I'm sure since I've been up since 4am. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• My stomach keeps growling (in very strange places, thanks to being moved around) and keeps making a deflating sound. I'm pretty sure I'll be having a gasy day.  
  • My hips and back feel so creaky today. I'm trying to psych myself up to take my dog for a walk before it gets too hot, but I'm already walking like an old lady at 10am.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  •  I just went to the bathroom, and when I wiped it hurt and felt like a giant bowling ball was pressing down!  Is this the baby?  Or do we swell up that much? I don't remember this with my first and he was overdue! (And extremely large!) 

any suggestion for comfort?  Or is this one of those "suck it up" things? 
  • edited August 2017
    Swelling lol I feel that way with my period too. Like my labia are heavy rocks. Sucks. Maybe use a ice pack? @Kudlica27
  • Heartburn and swelling finally kicked in this week.  I had some of these issues previously, but they were occasional and pretty mild.  This week is the first time I've taken Zantac during this pregnancy because I really needed some relief and everything is giving me heartburn by the late afternoon/evening.  The insomnia has gotten worse too.  Overall, this has been a pretty good pregnancy though so I really can't complain.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • +1 for heartburn & insomnia. So annoying. 
  • Ugh, Im still cramping on and off, and I know that baby is getting super low, but I haven't had any consistent labor symptoms, minus losing my plug on Monday.  My EDD was yesterday, so im now pretty frustrated.  I have literally tried every induction trick in the book (minus castor oil, though I had 3 people tell me to try it. No thank you).  I just really want baby to get here already!
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • +1 for the swelling. I shoved my feet into heels for work yesterday and by the end of the very, very long day I had some tree trunk lower legs going on.

I go between "I'm feeling pretty good!!!! Can't complain!!" and "I might burn everything down because I just feel like raining destruction everywhere to match my mood." Ahhh hormones. You so great.

My biggest complaint right now are the ocular migraines. They run in my family but I've only had one prior to pregnancy. Now I'm getting about 1-2 a week for the last 3 weeks. It's so strange but suddenly you just can't really see anymore and then a flashing pinwheel of light dances in front of your eyes for an undetermined about of time. It's not bad enough that my eyesight has definitely gotten worse during pregnancy but the migraines suck ass.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh, Im still cramping on and off, and I know that baby is getting super low, but I haven't had any consistent labor symptoms, minus losing my plug on Monday.  My EDD was yesterday, so im now pretty frustrated.  I have literally tried every induction trick in the book (minus castor oil, though I had 3 people tell me to try it. No thank you).  I just really want baby to get here already!
    So, so frustrating @littlebug2010
    You have my sympathies. Hopefully baby gets its act together and decided to make an appearance soon!
    My sister went three days late with her first and she still swears that those three days were the longest recorded days on the history of the planet.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517 I can agree with your sister! I told DH that it wouldnt be so bad if I werent having minor symptoms. I havent had any symptoms like this the whole pregnancy, so Im pretty sure that some of the things Im feeling are progress, but nothing enough to make me go in.  So DH and I are just stuck at home, working, and going stir crazy!  
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • I'm f#%^ing starving guys. I've eaten so much today already and I have yet to feel full. We have a food truck here for a tour and it's a Mexican-ish style, they have some pretty spicy salsa so I might just drink a few cups of that and cross my fingers the baby leaves the womb. Lol! Thinking about heading out of the office after lunch and working from home bc I'm exhausted and feel like I'd get more done at home than here today. Zero motivation and I'd rather do what I'm doing from my back porch or couch!
  • @Kudlica27 I was very swollen down there at the end of this pregnancy. And super sore. I didn't recall any of that when pregnant with DD. I just sucked it up since my OB had told me STM+ experience soreness and such more with the second, plus, pregnancy. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

•  My right hip is killing me today. I'm just hoping it's baby settling in real low and getting ready to get out of my body. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Mango517 - my migraines have increased a lot in the last two weeks as well. Auras and left side numbness - hate the numbness, especially once it gets to my face. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• +1 for the menstrual like cramping. I was asking my mom if she had suggestions for relief but she is so focused/excited on baby coming she kept trying to tell me they're contractions. I told her I still feel Braxton hicks during the cramping so definitely not but she's not convinced. You'd think after her having 4 kids she would know the difference but I'll just chalk this up to her excitement. 

Not being able to lay on my stomach to stretch my hips, or to be able to really stretch them for that matter, means they are giving out on me at times.

other than those big ones, I sleep like 18 hrs/day. Guess I'll enjoy it while I can 
  • @mrsashworth522 18 hours per day?! Girl, give me your sleep tips! I'm getting a broken up 6 hours of I'm lucky. 
  • @mrsashworth522 I've been having similar cramps, but haven't told my mom, because im
    sure she would bolt down here, on for me to not go into labor for a while. Cramps do not equal contractions. I'm pretty sure half are just gas! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • Ladies cramps probably are real contractions at this point. Especially if your dialted between doctor appointments. Let me tell you that contractions do not always hurt for some lucky people. Mine never did and I am on number 3. The only time my contractions bothered me were during transition and when I had pitocin. So pay attention. I didn't believe my mom either until I was walking around at 6 cm and noticed I was having BH every 5 minutes or so. Just saying.... Pay attention to how frequent they come not wether they hurt. 
  • I have mastitis :( took my first dose of antibiotics just now. Frustrating because I feel like we were finally getting the hang of breastfeeding. 
  • @jadkins2 I've wondered if they are something productive, however they have yet to be consistent. I have not been checked at all, so I have zero idea if I'm dialating/ed, but tomorrow I will be checked.  I'm hoping that you are right, and these are contractions, and that I've just been slowing laboring at home for 3 days  :D
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • So im sorry for this FTM question but can anyone shed some light on their experience with the "bloody show"? I did have a cervical check this morning (and for the last three weeks) and this evening I noticed some pink spotting when I went to the bathroom. I wasn't dilated or anything at any of my checks, but I know things can happen suddenly. Just curious when/if others noticed theirs and when they went into labor. Please no photos
  • edited August 2017
    @cmmiller531 The "bloody show" sometimes accompanies the loss of your mucus plug (though it isn't always bloody). The plug itself is gelatinous, and can either be clear or blood-tinged. 

I lost mine 3 weeks before I had DS1. Definitely not the best indicator of impending labor, but anything can happen! 

ETA: My OB always warns of spotting after a cervical check, and offers a pad so you can wear out of the office.
  • @mrsashworth522 18 hours per day?! Girl, give me your sleep tips! I'm getting a broken up 6 hours of I'm lucky. 
    I guess I just got so exhausted working full time that my body needed a big catch up. I'm down to working 2 days a week (boss didn't really want me traveling, even though I resisted for a while) which has been a huge relief. I will be sitting on the couch watching TV after DH leaves for work and next thing I know he's coming home for lunch and then again for dinner. And then my "short" breaks from cleaning wind up being the same. At its not an 18 hours straight, but I had some real plans for cleaning and they haven't happened yet lol. I've always been able to sleep a lot though, but not this much. 
  • @mrsashworth522 That's amazing, good for you! I think my problem is that I can only sleep for an hour at a time because I'm so uncomfortable (either my hips or belly are killing me) and so I'll have to get up to stretch. I'm still working full time and I think that's my other problem, stress of my job (plus baby coming soon!) is keeping me up at night. 
  • @mrsjqg1024 when my hips were bad and keeping me up at night, I would take Tylenol before bed. My doctor said if that wasn't helping, I could take a Tylenol PM since it has the sleep agent in it also. It might be something to check in with your doctor about. 
  • I am on day 3 of a fever from a sinus infection and bronchitis. Apparently when you are pregnant and have a fever the body aches are most painful in the uterus-area. I had a sweep on Tuesday and am GBS+ so I went to the doctors(who sent me to hospital) yesterday to rule out an infection near the baby since it hurt so bad down there. I was so crampy yesterday and having tons of contractions while on the monitors, but they were like you are a dehydrated, sick third time mom and that is just your uterus being irritable. Apparently, it is highly likely that baby will just wait it out until the environment out here is friendlier, which I guess makes since. I will be 39 weeks tomorrow.  

Yesterday was supposed to be my last day in the office so DH and I are working from home today and he is doing a pretty decent job of taking care of me and the kids so I can't complain about that!

Also, +1 for my hips hurting with the period cramping. Guess we are all in this together :/

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• jadkins2 said:
    Ladies cramps probably are real contractions at this point. Especially if your dialted between doctor appointments. Let me tell you that contractions do not always hurt for some lucky people. Mine never did and I am on number 3. The only time my contractions bothered me were during transition and when I had pitocin. So pay attention. I didn't believe my mom either until I was walking around at 6 cm and noticed I was having BH every 5 minutes or so. Just saying.... Pay attention to how frequent they come not wether they hurt. 
    I'd like to say the cramps were contractions but that's not case with me. Had an NST today and in the hour I was there I had one contraction and I still felt crampy for the whole time is was there. Plus, since I was feeling BH with the cramps, it is just my body preparing like the doctor has told me
  • @mrsashworth522 I am still in shock about myself honestly. It's so crazy to me how everyone labors differently and how each ob varies. Hopefully your cramps turn into something real soon. I do wish there was a straight forward answer. And I do hope your little one still likes to sleep on the outside! I just read the appointment thread.
  • That sounds miserable @donehue.  Hope you feel better soon!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jadkins2 said:
    Ladies cramps probably are real contractions at this point. Especially if your dialted between doctor appointments. Let me tell you that contractions do not always hurt for some lucky people. Mine never did and I am on number 3. The only time my contractions bothered me were during transition and when I had pitocin. So pay attention. I didn't believe my mom either until I was walking around at 6 cm and noticed I was having BH every 5 minutes or so. Just saying.... Pay attention to how frequent they come not wether they hurt. 
    I'd like to say the cramps were contractions but that's not case with me. Had an NST today and in the hour I was there I had one contraction and I still felt crampy for the whole time is was there. Plus, since I was feeling BH with the cramps, it is just my body preparing like the doctor has told me
    Yup - I've had cramps for over a week, now. They're off an on all day just like my normal day 1 of my period. I was trying not to symptom spot during the TTC process but day 4 of cramps also was my indication that something was up and I should take a HPT. Between that and this being day 8 of cramps at 39 weeks, I've had more days of cramps during pregnancy than I would have had for periods during the same time. I've heard this can last for weeks with no baby, unfortunately.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker