Options

Weekly Symptoms 7.31

2»

Re: Weekly Symptoms 7.31

• Options
    34 weeks

- tired
    - still have acne! Ugh go away!
    - usually feel okay but I have weird hip pain that comes and goes, different from the sciatic pain I had earlier on. DH said I was waddling the other day. I gave him a death glare and told him I was limping. :naughty:
    - crazy dreams...
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    About an hour after the final steroid dose for LO, I joined the leaky boob club. I had gross milk stain drip lines down the front of my gown last night. Thank goodness for a shower and a clean gown this morning!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    36+2. For the past two days I've been feeling a lot of low pelvic pressure and intermittent sharp/electric-like vaginal pains. The more I'm on my feet, the worse it is. I know "lightning crotch" is pretty common, but I haven't felt it since early 2nd trimester and this feels a little different than what I remember. I read that sharp vaginal pains at this stage can be a sign your cervix is dilating. Considering I'm doing induced on Friday, I'm hoping it does mean I'm dilating (but slowly so I make it until Friday!) so the induction will go more easily.
  • Options
    36+2. For the past two days I've been feeling a lot of low pelvic pressure and intermittent sharp/electric-like vaginal pains. The more I'm on my feet, the worse it is. I know "lightning crotch" is pretty common, but I haven't felt it since early 2nd trimester and this feels a little different than what I remember. I read that sharp vaginal pains at this stage can be a sign your cervix is dilating. Considering I'm doing induced on Friday, I'm hoping it does mean I'm dilating (but slowly so I make it until Friday!) so the induction will go more easily.
    It's not uncommon for your cervix to start dilating a few weeks before baby is due. I was already dilated to a 2 around 31 weeks. My OB says she doesn't worry about dilation occurring until you reach 4 cm. That's when she considers it a sign that labor may be imminent.

Have you tried checking yourself to see if you are dilated? It's a fairly simple process like if you ever checked your cervix while TTC.
  • Options
    @Rhubarb7216 that's why I went to labor and delivery this last week. I have never felt it before with my other 2 and the pain was quite intense as well as the pressure. Looks like I'm about a week behind you and I was told after 2 hours of monitoring that it was the baby putting pressure on my cervix. I am still having it and considering it a good sign and hoping she comes a couple few weeks early. Oh and I was not dialated. Hopefully everything works out in your favor!
  • Options
    I also was having regular contractions a few weeks ago. She asked me what I was feeling and the only way to describe it was a round ligament stretching feeling but in both sides with pressure. She said yup your having contractions but I was still posterior and no dialation. She said when I feel them come on to lay in my left side or take a warm bath. 

But it here is my question of the day. I experienced very heavy swelling with my first that started around 22 weeks and lasted till about 6/7 weeks postpartum. With this pregnancy I have had none at all anywhere. Not even my face or fingers. I thought mild swelling was a good sign but I can't find anything online about no swelling. Anyone not swell during a pregnancy?
  • Options
    @JustBored10 I didn't have any swelling with DS, and this time I only swelled for a couple of days back in June at the beach, that's it though.
  • Options
    @JustBored10 I'm 36 weeks and have not had any swelling at all. I think I read somewhere that about 75% of women have some amount of swelling, so I just figure I'm in the lucky 25% that doesn't get it!
  • Options
    Pitting edema on my feet and ankles
    Low BP
    Vasovagal issues- light headed, pulsing headache

Going to address all of these issues at my check up on Wednesday and have them make sure there isn't any protein in my urine.
  • Options
    @JustBored10, I had hand/foot swelling with DS, but so far have had very little swelling with DD. I'm drinking much more water this pregnancy though, mostly to avoid cramping, so maybe that's why. 
  • Options
    Tailbone/lower back pain will not quit today. I've done yoga stretches this morning, went for a walk this afternoon, took a warm bath this evening. Nothing. I know it is par for the course at this point, but between the big belly and shooting pain, it is getting rough managing DS.