August 2017 Moms

Weekly Appointments 7/31

2»

Re: Weekly Appointments 7/31

• @kvh22 I know that today the MW I spoke with (mine was out) said that they wont induce until its deemed medically necessary.  Im 39+2 right now, but my next appointment would be at 40+2.  They do ultrasounds at 40 weeks to make sure that fluids are good, and that baby is fine, and then she said I can request induction, but that they prefer to have the mom wait, until there is another issue.  SO I could go to 42 weeks, and then be induced, but she thinks that I could go soon, so I am hoping she is right! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @kvh22  I have GD so my doctor will let me go past 40 because I have been so well controlled but not all the way to 41.  I had DS the day before my induction was scheduled so I have hope that will happen again.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Just got back from my 38 week appointment. I'm 4cm and 80% effaced. In the past 2 weeks my blood pressure has spiked so my induction is set for the 14th which will put me at 39+3.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • @kvh22 I will not being going much past 40 weeks due to my GD. Maybe just a few days but not all the way to 41 weeks.

Personally, even before the GD I requested that I not go past 41 weeks. I know, I know.... you can go to 42 weeks. I just don't like the research out there regarding what can happen to the placenta after 41 weeks and being a slightly older mother (who knows her dates exactly) what I was reading just didn't sit right with me. My Dr. agreed with my decision and had no problem with my request to not go past 41 weeks. Maybe I would stretch it a few days past 41 weeks if I didn't have GD but that's a moot point for me now.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kvh22 part of mine was b.c my dr is only in the hospital one day a week, so I could go longer but than I would have to wait an entire extra week or have a different doctor. It was my choice- and since I will be almost 41, and she is measuring over 8lbs I was ok with the Drs plan. My DH is also starting a new job and pushed his start date to have a week home, which he would not get if we went longer too, so I had a bunch of my own factors that played into it. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Just had my 39-week appt, still fingertip dilated and he's very high, so set an induction date for Saturday 8/12 with me coming in the night before for medicine to soften my cervix. @kvh22 I'll only be 40+2 at that point but my Dr is on call all weekend. He doesn't like to leave patients with a different physician if he can help it and his next on call date isn't until 41+3. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @littlebug2010, @shyviolet, @mango517, & @smallbutmighty77! I've heard lots of things about the pros and cons of induction and the pros and cons of going past 41 weeks.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @LeA2017! Do you workout at all? Not that this is any sort of guarantee or scientifically backed but I do a prenatal yoga video by a woman who goes by "glow body pt" that says some of the positions are to encourage baby to get into the right position and drop. I found her video on Pinterest, it's just called 20 minute prenatal yoga. It's not super intense, it feels good to me. I've been doing this particular video a few times a week for 10-12 weeks now (currently 38 weeks). I figure it's worth a shot, right?
    I'll have to check it out. I have tried a few of the Spinning Babies routines, but no luck so far.
  • @kvh22 my baby is measuring rather large in the upper 90th percentile and on top of that my BP is creeping up. I have had a BP induced seizure with my first so they are extra cautious. They would rather be proactive than have it turn into an emergency. 
  • @kvh22 I electively chose my induction on my due date and I'm glad I followed my gut. (See birth announcement)
  • NewMommy-34NewMommy-34 member
    edited August 2017
    @Kvh22 My OB advised that it was based on age and such, as the placenta starts to get "old" and there isn't much change between weeks 39 and 41. He's all for baby deciding when to come but again, won't let me go past 41 weeks as I'm almost 35. To be honest, I'm totally ok with that. He's a fantastic doc. Best of luck! 
  • Had an appointment yesterday. Sonogram to check size and position. 

They told me I had low amniotic fluid and wanted to admit me overnight for IV fluids and a recheck of fluid levels tomorrow. I told him I hadn't been drinking enough and was probably on the dehydrated side, and asked if drinking a TON of water over the weekend would help. 

He did an NST and since baby wasn't in distress, agreed to let me go home with the promise to not do anything all weekend, cancel any plans, sit around and drink water. Then back on Monday for a follow up sono.

He said my level was 5.6, so it was within "normal range" (5-20 is considered normal), but he wasn't happy with it still. 

I was supposed to work my one shift a week on Saturday so I've already found a replacement. 

I had both my kids with me (9 and 5 years old) and they were SO good during the unexpected 3 hour appointment. I'm thankful for them! They were bored, but still behaved so well...I'm a proud mama!

For my follow up on Monday, I am going to have everything ready for an admit, and I'll bring my sister with me just in case that happens. I'll be 38+1 on Monday.
  • I had my last appointment with the diabetes monitoring place today.  I was happy to be told that I only have to test my blood sugar twice per day now until delivery.  I had a much better experience with that place this time around than when I was pregnant with DS2 even though both times I kept my blood sugar controlled with diet and never needed insulin either time.  I guess I just met with people this time who had a better bedside manner.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Had, what I hope to be the last, ultrasound this AM.  We were told that little dude is about 9.5 pounds  :o, so I am really hoping that he decides to make his appearance soon!  (im 39 +3 right now).  All the levels looked good and he even let us see his face and get a good 3d, he had insane chipmunk cheeks! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • @littlebug2010 they are telling me that our guy is 9.5 lbs too based on the growth scan. I refuse to believe it LOL
  • The ultrasound at 39 weeks was pretty spot on for me. It said 6 lbs 10 oz and she was 6 lbs 11 oz :)
  • @morgy_bee fx both of our LOs are just measuring large and aren't actually that big! I think he is measuring so big because I'm super short! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @littlebug2010 my babies are always long and lean. That is my expectation with this guy. I will be in shock if he weighs 9 lb. 
  • Had an appointment Friday. Doctor says everything looks great , head down, good fluid and very active. Thinks I have several more weeks which I am fine with because I would like baby to come after my oldest is back in school. I don't want him to get bored while I am at home trying to heal, also I am only just now 37weeks. He says he thinks this baby is going to be bigger than the others just based on how I'm measuring and how it's so much different than the other too. He even said "remind me how long did you push with your last?" Told him just a few minutes. He said that's great. I will be shocked if I have a baby over seven pounds.