September 2017 Moms

PGAL check in 8/2

Guys... it's August!!

How far along are you?

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?

What's going on with you in other aspects of your life?

Any Questions? 

GTKY:  If given the chance, would you want to go on a reality show? If so, which one? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PGAL check in 8/2

• How far along are you? 35 weeks 

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Everything is good... I'll start weekly appointments/cervix checks next week. 

What's going on with you in other aspects of your life? I started back to work yesterday... getting ready for orientation tomorrow night and first day of school on Monday! We adopted a dog last week, but the shelter is having her spayed and microchipped... so we'll pick her up Friday! 

Any Questions? 

GTKY:  If given the chance, would you want to go on a reality show? If so, which one?
    Umm... no, lol. Not that I'm opposed to them, just that I can't think of one I would actually go on. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been MIA for a while due to holidays...so I'm gonna just jump right back in :P

How far along are you?
    33 weeks

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? physically, things are good. I love having a bump and I haven't had too many symptoms. Even sleep is easier now that I'm back to sleeping in my own bed, have a U-shaped pillow, and am used to the new normal of waking/getting up 3+ times a night. Emotionally I've been a bit of a yoyo...before every milestone (trimester changeovers, viability milestones, etc) I freak out a bit and think "I'm not going to make it!" and then have a brief time of relief after it passes before I yoyo a bit again. Last week was particularly rough....TW anniversary of my loss followed by a nightmare that night of this LO dying due to a cord accident and then the next day I didn't feel him moving around at all...like, little tiny movements maybe that I couldn't convince myself were strong enough to be him actually moving. But he's been moving better since then, so that's a relief.

Ending our summer holidays, and actually, I'm happy to be ending holidays for once... These holidays have been exhausting...7 weeks straight of living out of a suitcase and living with family members. This week we are still living with family members for the 8th week straight (5 ILs are visiting) BUT at least we're in our own space and I'm sleeping in my own bed, putting my clothes in a closet lol.  DH and I are staying in our master bedroom, parents in law are staying in the significantly smaller guest room, and DH's three siblings are staying in the baby's nursery (also small...the 3 air mattresses take up the WHOLE room...) I sort of feel guilty for doing that, but at the same time, not really....SIL was going to put her air mattress in our room where there's more space, but my excuse is that I get up 3-4 x a night and does she really want me walking by her waking her up every time? nooo..... :P

Any Questions? 
    nope

nope! If I had to go on one, probably a baking one though it would probably ruin all confidence I have lol :D

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Loading the player...
  • @BigBadWolf12 I'm sorry about the anniversary of your loss.  It's always a hard time.  <3  I also have & hate the days when LO is less active - It is so unnerving.  

How far along are you? 33+1

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? My belly button hurts :bawling: , my hips hurt, I can't sleep, and my feet have started to swell on occasion.  I was planning on working til the end but there is so much time left.... I'm not sure I'm going to make it.

I have a wedding to attend in ~3 weeks.  I'm dreading the idea of how large I'll be.  

Any Questions? 

no nope do not want dislike danny devito GIF
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• How far along are you? 34 weeks today!

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? have to go for another ultrasound because my AS showed the kidneys were on the high end of normal. OB wants to check "renal fullness" just in case but doesn't expect any issues. Pregnancy is good! I feel huge and tired but nothing abnormal. LO is busy in there which gives me peace of mind.

Just trying to soak up as much quality family time as we can with DS before things change for him. TW - This month last year was when we learned of our MMC and I had my D&C, so lots of unpleasant memories about that time. 

Any Questions? 
    Nope!

Nope nope nope. If anything maybe What Not to Wear since they always bought people awesome clothes, but the embarrassment of the "before" phase would be mortifying. I'll just stay on the couch side of the TV thanks!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @MyNamesTaken omg I remember that show.  The before part WAS terrible.  Secretly video taping you and then that box o' mirrors where you have to justify your outfit.  eek.
    *TW* 

• How far along are you?
    33wks 4days

MW is really happy with all things baby and pregnancy. Little girl is obsessed with my right side, so that's fun. She's super active in there, DH loves to poke and play games with her. 

house is ready to be listed, should be going up for sale in a few weeks. I am so nervous about selling this house and buying long distance ugggh.

Any Questions? 

ahh if it's an HGTV or DIY show I'm down. But I don't watch a lot of reality TV otherwise.  
  • @BigBadWolf12 I've been going through a lot of the same things.  Nightmares about LO dying, variable kick rates, etc.  Also around the anniversary of my loss; I wonder if that has something to do with it?  Hoping everything goes well and we both give birth to healthy babies in a few weeks! :) 
  • How far along are you? 35+4 (!)

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Baby is alternating between really strong kick days and really weak ones.  It is quite unnerving.  Dealing with a lot of hip pain, heartburn, and mobility issues (definitely waddling these days!).  Have gotten pretty huge in the past few weeks!  Oy.  I've also been dealing with a lot of anxiety about the baby being OK; probably just being paranoid because of prior losses, but IDK if I could handle him being anything other than healthy.  Begin going in for weekly checks on Monday; hopefully this will ease my mind a bit.

Trying to keep up with work, but it's been hard -- sister and MIL have both visited this week for overnight visits (MIL arrived unexpectedly a day early...).  This limits the amount of time I can just lie around and be lazy, as well as time spent getting ready for baby or working after hours.  

Any Questions? 

Maybe America's Got Talent if I had a talent (I don't!).  Is that a reality show or a game show?  I don't really know.  For the other reality TV shows, I would definitely NOT want to be in one with a lot of drama.  
  • @labby18 my little guy is obsessed with my right side too! I mentioned it to my midwife today (when she went to do fundal height measurement and to check if he was head down now my belly was CLEARLY lopsided lol). She said it's very common for babies to hang out on the right side and that most/many women have their uterus slightly on that side anyways. :open_mouth: I never heard that before, I thought he was just a cute little weirdo :D

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @HollyGolightly09 You are one brave lady adopting a dog so soon before giving birth!!

@BigBadWolf12 So sorry you had that scary combination of horrendous dream and less baby movement. I've had moments like that along the way also (including one today that seems to have passed). I'm glad your LO is ok!

Cats*in*space  My belly button hurts toooooooo!

How far along are you? 32+5

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Feeling large and getting fatigued more easily. Frustrated with the humidity even though it's not that hot--it's adding to the discomfort.

Gestational diabetes is finally coming under control now that I have what seems like the right dose of insulin. Had a growth ultrasound last week (can't remember if I posted about it already, so sorry if I am repeating) and learned baby boy is in the 79th percentile, so pretty big. Next one of those is Aug. 18 (at 34+6) and then they will happen weekly until the end of the pregnancy. I have learned I will be induced in the 39th week, so baby is likely to come between 9/16 and 9/23, if he doesn't decide to show up earlier than 9/16. I now see the midwives and an OB. 

My baby shower is Saturday! I'm excited but also a little nervous. 

We got a new car back on Memorial Day weekend and as of today it has been hit TWICE. First was a few weeks ago when DH and I got rear-ended at a low speed at a yield sign to merge onto the highway. Today, I was going straight in an exit lane (second from right) and this woman decided she didn't want to exit in the lane all the way to the right... so she came into my lane and hit the passenger side of my car (I was driving, by myself). Fortunately, baby and I have been ok both times but it is maddening having to do the legwork of contacting insurance, worrying about costs, not having our own car, etc. I can't imagine I'd be found at fault for this given that I was just doing my thing in my lane, but I suppose it's possible :-/

Mainly, I have just been trying to get ready for the kiddo. We really need to get his furniture (dresser and crib/changing table combo) to move forward, but the wall is finally painted, decals have been affixed, and I painted the letters of baby's uncommon name to mount on the wall :) Got DH to agree we will buy the furniture on Sunday if I don't get it at the shower. I go back to work (school) on 8/28 until the baby comes so I'd like to have as much done as possible before then. 

Any Questions? 

Absolutely not!! I like to watch cooking shows (MasterChef, GBBO, Chopped, etc) but do not have the talent to compete on one. 
  • Hi ladies. I don't know if you remember me. I was here in Feb when I had my 2nd loss. Well, while my DH & I were trying to decide if we wanted to try again, I found out I was pregnant! I'm 11 weeks now & due Feb 22nd. I've been lurking around occasionally and so happy for all of you! Can't wait to see rainbows!
    I remember you--what amazing news! Congratulations!!!
  • @rainafire77 Great news! Hope you're doing well! Hoping you have an uneventful pregnancy. Congrats!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @rainafire77 not going to lie, i was lurking the BMB yesterday and saw the March Madness, and saw you comment and got really excited. I'm so happy for you!! <3 
  • Hi ladies. I don't know if you remember me. I was here in Feb when I had my 2nd loss. Well, while my DH & I were trying to decide if we wanted to try again, I found out I was pregnant! I'm 11 weeks now & due Feb 22nd. I've been lurking around occasionally and so happy for all of you! Can't wait to see rainbows!
    OMG! Congrats! I am so excited that you got your rainbow baby! How is the new OB working out? 
  • @rainafire77 Congratulations!!!
    *TW* 

• @rainafire77 Congrats, lady!! I'm so happy for you! :heart:
    Pregnancy Ticker
    This brought tears to my eyes! So so happy for you, praying for an uneventful pregnancy :)<3

How far along are you?
    34+3
    Went home early on Wednesday from work. Just ALL the BH. Standing, sitting down, didn't matter. Once i got home and was able to lay down, things were fine. But this might just be my new normal. For the last two days I'm ok sitting or laying down, but being up and walking around = fully hard ute. Fun times.

We had our BaByQ last Sunday, and it was a really nice time. We have most of what we need for baby boy. We need more cloth diapers (though we're going to "environmentally responsible" (Seventh Gen, Honest Co, etc) disposable for probably the first couple weeks), and breast feeding supplies (nursing pads, bras, etc). We're getting a storage unit on Monday to move some of our stuff into, to make room for all his stuff. Then we'll pick up the furniture from SIL (our nephew just moved into a big boy bed). 

GD is mostly under control with just diet. I've had a couple days where I had too many carbs for lunch.... Oops. 

I'm slowing down at work. Well, trying to. I was pretty upfront with my boss and the lady that sets up our weekly assignments that I need to start transitioning more to desk and light lab work than all the crazy boiling hot running around I usually do. I just can't keep up with that much walking around (to say nothing of getting floor samples and then trying to get back up!).

Any Questions? 

• @rainafire77 congrats I am so excited for you!!!!
  • @rainafire77 yes!!! Congrats :) I'm so glad you told us your good news :)

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• How far along are you? 33w5d

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? I'm having a lot of cramping today.

I've felt so depressed for the past 1.5 weeks. I feel like I'm constantly on the verge of tears at work, and just crying a lot at home. I'm kind of worried I'm getting prepartum depression, which I've read you're more likely at risk to get with previous losses. I just have this feeling of hopelessness all time, and I can't stop crying.

I'm going to start seeing my therapist again. 

Any Questions? 

• What's going on with you in other aspects of your life? 
    I've felt so depressed for the past 1.5 weeks. I feel like I'm constantly on the verge of tears at work, and just crying a lot at home. I'm kind of worried I'm getting prepartum depression, which I've read you're more likely at risk to get with previous losses. I just have this feeling of hopelessness all time, and I can't stop crying.

I'm going to start seeing my therapist again. 

Stuck in the box.
    I'm sorry you've been having such a rough go. I don't know what I'd do without my therapist and glad you're able to go back and see yours again!