August 2017 Moms

Friday Ticker Change

For mamas with due dates of August 4, 11, 18, and 25

1. How far along are you?

2. How big is baby?

3. Any upcoming appointments this week?

4.  Any new symptoms?

5. Rants/ Raves/ Questions?

6. GTKY: What has been the biggest surprise of your pregnancy? 
TW: 
1 infant loss
8/17: Our daughter was born
8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!

Re: Friday Ticker Change

• For mamas with due dates of August 4, 11, 18, and 25

1. How far along are you? Due today! 40 weeks!

2. How big is baby? Made it to watermelon.

3. Any upcoming appointments this week? Monday US to make sure she is good/fluid levels. If all good I will begin induction Weds night! 

4.  Any new symptoms? surprised by the evening wake up call of acid/needing to be sick. Ugh.

5. Rants/ Raves/ Questions? I was prepared for birth 'plans' to need to change and be flexible,  didn't really have much in terms of that. But the induction-not laboring at home at all threw me a bit. So odd to think Im just going to walk in and not be in labor at all or anything.

6. GTKY: What has been the biggest surprise of your pregnancy? I was surprised by how many 'after labor' things no one tells you about! The bleeding and pads and pushing your stomach and pain from BF making your uterus shrink etc...Also, my one foot looks normal and my other is puffy so it is very weird. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 

1. How far along are you? 39 weeks 

2. How big is baby? Pumpkin 

3. Any upcoming appointments this week? Sitting in my hospital room as we speak waiting on my 12 pm RCS 

4.  Any new symptoms? Some contractions which is new but probably just due to dehydration from having to fast. 

5. Rants/ Raves/ Questions? I hate IVs! Especially since I'm a hard enough stick while I'm pregnant then they make you fast so I haven't had water since last night. 

6. GTKY: What has been the biggest surprise of your pregnancy?  How different things have been this go around then last time. Some I'm very greatful for, like not having lightening crotch or middle of the night Charlie horses this go around. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Are all the Friday moms away?!

TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • @JCPSand2B I am hoping everything went well and that the lack of fluids didn't make things too difficult! Ahhh babies are coming- no longer just bumps!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss

• ..Also, my one foot looks normal and my other is puffy so it is very weird. 

@smallbutmighty77 Same here!  Only my left foot/ankle is starting swell and it looks so funny!

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker

1. How far along are you? 38 weeks 

2. How big is baby? 

3. Any upcoming appointments this week? Had one yesterday. 4cm 80% effaced

4. Any new symptoms? High blood pressure and lots of contractions.

5. Rants/ Raves/ Questions? Dr. doesn't think I'll make it much longer but I have an induction scheduled for the 14th if I do since my BP has jumped. So happy to have an end in sight!

6. GTKY: What has been the biggest surprise of your pregnancy? It went so much faster than my first pregnancy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • 1. How far along are you?
    - 38 weeks

2. How big is baby?
    - ukulele/baby sized

3. Any upcoming appointments this week?
    - Monday morning! Should find out if I'll be induced the 11th or 14th due to thrombocytopenia (low platelets). It's weird knowing I'll be induced but not knowing when!

4. Any new symptoms?
    - My platelets are really low like at the end of last pregnancy. If they get below 100k I'll be induced with no chance of an epidural.

5. Rants/raves/questions?

6. GTKY: What has been the biggest surprise of your pregnancy?
    - The BFP probably...