August 2017 Moms

Weekly Appointments 7/31

Any appointments this week? 

The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

Re: Weekly Appointments 7/31

• Tomorrow before induction Thursday. I'm hoping my cervix has dilated and softened more to make the induction easier. But I have a feeling that won't be the case. 
  • Tomorrow am, probably setting an induction date if no progress has been made. Due date is friday, so...we shall see.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thursday. . .  Its going to be completely pointless.  My OB doesnt do cervical checks, unless I look like I might be in labor.  So I will go in, get weighed, BP, and she will listen to the HB.  Ill get the same list of labor signs to look for and be sent on my way.  I almost just want to cancel, and just wait it out.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • I had mine this morning and good news strep B test came negative :) and I am 3cm dilated  :#
  • had mine this morning. due this saturday midwife asked if i wanted a cervix check i said no because i feel like it wouldn't tell me much since when i was in labor with DD i wasn't even dialated 2cm and two hours later she was there. lol everything else was fine just the waiting game. she did say i'm measuring like he dropped and his head is low and ready to go but i can't really tell any difference.
  • Had our 36 week ultrasound today. We got a 3D shot and he's so stinkin cute! He is measuring rather large (according to the sono). In the 88th percentile and tech thinks he could be between 8-9 lbs. I know that can be way off so I'm not going to worry about anything just yet. I don't see the doc again until next Monday so I'll ask her then what she thinks. Everything else looks great and the ultrasound also confirmed what my cervical exam yesterday told me, he's super low. 
  • Pre-op appt on Thursday at the Hospital birth center and RCS on Friday at noon (have to be there at 10:30). 
  • I had my 36 week appointment today. No cervical check but did the GBS swab. Dr asked if I wanted to donate cord blood for possible bone marrow transplant for a sick child. Has anyone done this or plan on donating? My Dr. made it seem like they will not do delayed cord clamping if we chose to donate blood. She also said that delayed cord clamping is not necessary in full term babies whereas I've read differently. I still need to do some research but would appreciate any advice. :) 

• @BlackNYellow I've heard (admittedly haven't researched) that there are no known risks to delayed cord clamping so it's become normal practice. I'm not planning to donate and will do the delayed clamping but no one has specifically asked me to so it's more of by default.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Appointment this morning showed no progress. Baby is still high. Will have a RCS unless baby decides to suddenly come. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @BlackNYellow It's standard practice at my hospital to do delayed cord clamping, as studies have shown a certain benefit. I've never had cord blood stored though. 

Just had a trip to L&D because of severe pelvic pressure/pain. Apparently the scar tissue that has built up over the last 3 c-sections is possibly ripping & tearing as baby is getting bigger. So much fun! Not. 
  • BlackNYellowBlackNYellow member
    edited August 2017
    Thank you @kvh22 and @PinkPrincessPiper Delayed cord clamping for one minute is standard at my hospital too and our pediatrician is recommendeding it to prevent anemia. I was caught off guard when my OB said there isn't really a benefit. She seemed to be very pro cord blood banking so I feel she may be a bit biased. I might have to do a little digging and ask one of the other OBs her thoughts at next weeks appointment. 

@PinkPrincessPiper That sounds miserable. I'm sorry :/ Hope these 30 days go quickly for you! 

Edit: I am so hungry I can't even grammar 

• @PinkPrincessPiper ouch! I have some pressure and pain around mine, but not that intense. I'm hurting for you 
  • Got my GBS swab today and final blood draw taken for NJ's requirement to have another HIV and Syphillis test done before delivery. The tech that draws the blood for my office honestly isn't that great. It's odd to say but other techs that I've gotten for different draws hurt so much less! Something about her methods make it extra uncomfortable.

Tomorrow I have my first NST and another growth ultrasound. I'm slightly nervous because just going to the MFM office jalways ups my anxiety a bit and my H can't make it to this u/s so I'll be solo. He's always my calming rock when nerves get the best of me. 

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PinkPrincessPiper OUCH! Sounds painful! Any reason to think this will move up your delivery date?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mango517 said:
    @PinkPrincessPiper OUCH! Sounds painful! Any reason to think this will move up your delivery date?
    Nope, not unless I go into labor before the scheduled c-section. I was given some restrictions (not to pick up my toddler, drink more fluids, avoid caffeine etc), but I think it's just going to be a painful few weeks!  :#  Hope your appt & u/s go well tomorrow! 
  • I have my weekly BPP/36 week appt Friday.
    I'm now living in fear that every time I go, they're gonna tell me I need to go downstairs and deliver. I haven't been told otherwise, but I really want to go into labor on my own. But since I've had high blood pressure previous to pregnancy, I'm scared something's going to happen.
    As long as I get through this weekend, I'll feel much better! We have a big event, 2 hours away on Saturday night, and DH keeps having nightmares that my water breaks while we're there. I keep saying, "right now, this baby is medium rare, but I want it to be well done!" (Even though I do like my steaks medium :smiley: )
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • I had my pre-op appointment and GBS swab this morning.  I'm not dilated and my cervix is still high so that's good.  I'm only 36+3 and hoping to make it to my scheduled c-section this time.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just finished my apt, 40wks on Friday.  No dilation, baby still not all down. Going in Monday for US etc, if baby looks good then we will start induction Weds night 8/9. If any signs of stress or low fluid etc, I'll head straight to the hospital Monday. I'll make Friday my last day at work.

Dr told me to get night primrose oil pills to put up my vagina at night from here out-helps soften the cervix but won't put into labor or anything.  Anyone have experience/ heard of this?
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
  • @smallbutmighty77 my midwife had me do that with my last pregnancy. I did that + acupuncture on a Monday night and went into labor on Wednesday. Good luck!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• edited August 2017
    2cm dilated now (40 wks tomorrow). Call hospital at 6am to see if they have room for me to begin induction. Nervous but excited! Sure I won't be sleeping tonight. 
  • @smallbutmighty77 No first hand experience with evening primrose oil but my midwife did say I could start taking them orally. Then she told me that once I hit 39 weeks I can insert them but to be sure to poke a hole in the capsule first. I'm kinda glad she told me to poke the hole because I honestly don't know if I would have done it otherwise... my brain isn't firing on all cylinders right now!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a fingertip dilated and 70% effaced, not getting excited though :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Had my 36 week appointment today.  No cervical check since I'm scheduled for a RCS but they did the GBS.  Then the doc (whom I've never met before) tried to talk me out of the RCS. I've made up my mind, lady! No turning back now!
  • I had my weekly appointment at 37+2 today. Fastest appointment yet. The baby is still heads down and the OB said he/she doesn't feel too big. She wanted to emphasize/clarify that I haven't really felt any contractions. I'd been having some BH while walking and had been focusing on really staying hydrated but now I feel like I should be having some contractions.

• @Mango517  Are you going to the MFM for your GD or for something else?  Good luck with the growth sca.

I had a cervical check today and I am a "loose" 1cm, and the doctor could feel the babies head.  It dose't mean much but it will be nice to have something to compare next weeks check with because we will start talking induction then.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @shyviolet MFM is because of the GD. My office has you do two growth ultrasounds to track babies growth and weekly NST starting at 36 weeks.

My appointment today was kinda crappy. Baby did great on the NST (yay!) but there were some initial concerns about his measurements for growth. Good news is that he's completely on the growth curve of a half pound a week and is estimated at 6lbs. Bad news is that his limbs behind- still with the threshold of reasonable, but not far off from falling off-  and the Dr. asked for more pictures of his profile and hands. That's when my blood pressure went real high.

After the second scan I asked to have the Dr. come in. He was nice, and said he sees nothing wrong but the baby is measuring a bit on the smaller side and his limbs are at three weeks behind- again, everything within the bell curve, but still...

I can't help but to wonder if I'm keeping my GD diet too tight and by maintaining the low blood sugar it's restricting growth in the womb as a result. I also haven't gained much weight this pregnancy so that also is freaking me out that maybe I'm causing this. I'm going to put a call into my Dr.'s office to see if they can look over the results and just talk them through with me to help me calm down.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mango517 so hard not to worry but I'm sure your diet is not the cause! I've heard most of the growth comes from protein and GD diet is full of protein. Maybe he's just a short babe! Hoping everything is fine. 
  • @Mango517  Sorry your appointment was not as easy as it could have been.  I think the fact he is on the curve is a good sign.  With DS I did not gain any weight because I was to sick to eat for the first half of my pregnancy and my doctor told me not too worry.  Babies will take what they need from you (think parasite) and leave you what is left.  With the GD diet you are giving  them lots of good stuff to use.  If you are really concerned I would call your doctor, they are there for these sorts of concerns.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Tomorrow is my due date appointment. I'm hoping baby is low so the doc can do a stretch and sweep. I'm so uncomfortable but I want a spontaneous labor rather than medical induction. This baby is so much bigger than my others and I'm a miserable grumpy mess. 
  • On Monday the doctor attempted an external version to try and flip the baby from a breech position. It hurt pretty bad and unfortunately didn't work. C-section has been scheduled for 8/15 at 39+1. I have my regular 37 week appointment this Friday.
  • Cervical check on Monday showed I'm not dilated but I'm 50% effaced. Doc needs to sweep me Tues morning so we'll see. I'm due Aug 9th and he'll induce at 41 weeks. Other than raunchy farts, no symptoms yet. 
  • I had my OB appointment today, and am still going to have an US tomorrow (huge eye roll).  Only good part is that my normal OB was out, so I got to see my favorite MW, **TW**who I spoke with when I was going through a loss, and saw at around 12 weeks for this pregnancy **ENDTW**.  She is fantastic.  She told me that the signs my body might be trying to go into labor are showing (ive lost weight, and by feel, baby is moving lower).  She encouraged me to get as much walking in as possible, and to have sex if I could, as well as drink red raspberry leaf tea.  She also said that I could safely start pumping if I wanted to  :o.  Not sure I will, but good to know that basically my body is ready, and its just a matter of time! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Due date today, but no progress and baby is still too high to do a sweep. We are going to give him a long weekend to decide to come on his own. Otherwise, we have an induction scheduled for Tuesday. 
  • @LeA2017! Do you workout at all? Not that this is any sort of guarantee or scientifically backed but I do a prenatal yoga video by a woman who goes by "glow body pt" that says some of the positions are to encourage baby to get into the right position and drop. I found her video on Pinterest, it's just called 20 minute prenatal yoga. It's not super intense, it feels good to me. I've been doing this particular video a few times a week for 10-12 weeks now (currently 38 weeks). I figure it's worth a shot, right?
  • Had my 38 week appointment today, they had a med student in the office so I agreed to let him come in. He did a little q&a to practice bedside manner I guess, very nice guy and easy to talk to. When my OB came in they measured my belly, totally on track, then she checked my cervix but no real change since 36 weeks--1 cm and "still pretty thick". She said I look too happy and cute to be having this boy soon. Lol!
  • @morgy_bee my due date is tomorrow and I was in that same position at my apt on Weds. I am going in Monday for US/ check and if everything looks good will be getting induced Weds night!! Good luck to you!!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
  • You ladies getting induced before 41 weeks - is that at your doctor's recommendation for a healthy pregnancy? I've heard some won't let you go much past your due date at all. Mine said she'll let me go to 41+3. Just curious if there's anything else going on or if it's purely doctor preference. The vast differences in doctor styles/recommendations is so confusing to me.