Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat - July 23rd

2»

Re: Weekly Chat - July 23rd

• JennyColadaJennyColada member
    edited July 2017
    My interview went well! Kind of annoyed since I told the recruiter that I need a morning spot "since I'm going to work after" and she scheduled it at noon. -_- Fine, so I'll use a personal day. Then since the interviews went to well "the CEO would like to meet with you tomorrow." Dude I work wtf. I ended up scheduling a second interview for Monday after work instead. I'm excited, but still kinda peeved that they're throwing all this at me and it's stressing me out. PLUS the job can be up to 50% travel. :/ I'd be traveling to assist in openings for new US locations, which is exciting AF, but idk if MH would approve (not that I need his "approval" but I don't want him to feel like I'm abandoning him!). Any tips from people who travel frequently for work? I asked about telecommuting while at the home office, and they said it's in the works but nothing set yet.
  • @JennyColada Congrats on a good interview! Sounds really promising if the CEO wants to meet with you!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was so confused you guys, I haven't been on in a couple days and when I came back and saw that drive by I wasn't sure I was on the right board! It's like we're official now lol. 

@JennyColada congrats on the interview and I hope your second stage goes well!! Unfortunately I have no tips on traveling for work but... seems like a lot of folks can make it work for their families. It would be a tough transition, but might be worth it for the right job!

@JNCPro3130 I hope your grandmother will recover quickly.

@dreamscapes_ Glad you had a good doctor's appointment and that you got things sorted out at work!
  • @dreamscapes_ I'm glad you're appointment went well!  17 lbs is crazy!  Good luck with the ultrasound!

@JennyColada Congratulations on the great interview!  I agree, the CEO meeting sounds really promising.  I have no advice on traveling that much, but some people definitely make it work.  Plus, I think you usually get to keep all the airline miles that you rack up, so that's a nice perk.
  • HaHa we had our first drive by ... I miss out on the fun being OOT. 

Side random note ppl unintentionally suck sometimes. I got my BFN Wednesday morning and the night at the game I was at the bar having a beer and this woman there with her husband complaining to me that she can't drink bc she's pregnant. She didn't even mean it to be mean but it was the last thing I wanted to listen to. Whine over 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @kindbytealikat, I'm so sorry. This whole TTC thing is hard sometimes. *hugs*

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @kindbytealikat I'm sorry you experienced that *creepy internet hugs*
  • @JennyColada That's awesome that the interview goes well, but wow, that's kind of strange that they just wanted you to drop everything for the meetings. I hope the next stage goes well! My mom traveled for work for a while before she finally retired to take care of my uncle, and she definitely had a hard time with being away from my dad (still does, since she's here in Florida with my uncle and my dad is in Wisconsin).

@diaphena I know, right? I was looking at that post like "...wow, we got one?" And yes, very glad things are sorted at work!

@Secretstapler I have literally no clue how I lost so much weight. I really don't. The only thing I did different was go back to work. I haven't gotten the call yet for the ultrasound, but hopefully next week they'll call and let me know.

@kindbytealikat I'm so sorry that happened to you! People can be so oblivious sometimes.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • millpemillpe member
    @JennyColada I travel for work sometimes, but most of my travel is just long day trips. I overnight travel maybe once a month (but if I do it can be up to 4 nights). It hasn't been too bad for us. I hate leaving when I'm gonna be gone overnight, but DH is really supportive and just says "It's part of your job babe, you have to do it". Job searching while you have a job is so stressful! I hated that! Always having to come up with excuses to be gone... Sorry this potential new job is making it even harder on you!
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19