February 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 7/24

do we still want to do a randoms thread every week?

DD #1 3/26/13
Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
DD #2 3/31/15
DD #3 8/25/16

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/24

• Options
    Just bc I have a lot of random things to say and have no one to say it to and plus it might make @seitzy3 happy. 

First, my SO took the grocery bag with the freaking cat food instead of his lunch to work today. Now. The cat won't stfu. 

Second, I took the Xbox away in May. Went to give it back today and I can't find the mother freaking controllers. 

Thats all. For now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never know what to say in random threads. I am boring. I had an amazing time running errands this afternoon all alone. Like I said, I am boring. 
  • Options
    lainikins said:
    I never know what to say in random threads. I am boring. I had an amazing time running errands this afternoon all alone. Like I said, I am boring. 
    I love to go grocery shopping by myself. Like, it's one of my favorite activities, 
  • Options
    Yayyyy. Comments!! 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    seitzy3 said:
    Yayyyy. Comments!! 
    I am trying. I could not believe how few comments there were in here. I normally cannot keep up with random posts. 

I have been mia all July (and let's be honest, I only started posting in here towards the end of June, because that is when I found out) so now I need to catch up on pretty much everything. 
  • Options
    Oh and I finally got up the courage to bookmark this board today. I do not know why I waited so long, but I was feeling like it would be bad luck. 
  • Options
    starlastarla member
    I just finished my last day of work before vacation! Back on Aug. 8th. :)
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• Options
    My husband works nights and travels a lot so I don't get to nap often. Actually, what's sleep? Anywhooooo, I turn 30 this weekend and he's not traveling (yay) so he took me to this amazing brunch place this afternoon. we came home, put two of the three girls to nap and I napped for 2 hours. It was GLORIOUS 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    lainikinslainikins member
    edited July 2017
    seitzy3 said:
    My husband works nights and travels a lot so I don't get to nap often. Actually, what's sleep? Anywhooooo, I turn 30 this weekend and he's not traveling (yay) so he took me to this amazing brunch place this afternoon. we came home, put two of the three girls to nap and I napped for 2 hours. It was GLORIOUS 
    Happy birthday! I think a nap is about the beatbox present ever. That and pancakes. 

Edited to let you know it should say best present ever, but I am leaving beatbox, because it is awesome. 
  • Options
    @lainikins my DD is 2/24 so I feel like I joined late anyways. I also feel like everyone else is 283747 weeks ahead of me. I'm over here patiently waiting until Saturday when I hit double digits 

DD #1 3/26/13
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    @seitzy3 I am 2/25! Right there with you! 
  • Options
    @seitzy3 Happy Birthday! Glad you enjoyed your nap! 

Im with you gals, bringing up the end of the month.  I won't hit double digits until Tuesday...
  • Options
    @magnolia305 meh. He won't starve. The cat on the other hand is acting like he's going to die without a nibble. So. I sent him outside. Go kill a bird like you usually do ya monster. 
  • Options
    @magnolia305 I always check out a menu before I go somewhere and have my whole order planned. I have even looked up wedding venues before a wedding to see if they post their food offerings...

@seitzy3 Happy birthday! 

Dh has been away and therefore has not seen the first two episodes of Game of Thrones, and I am really excited to watch him watch them (and watch them again). Also I feel like we are the only board without a GoT thread. Is it just me who is obsessed? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Only 4 more hours until DDs bedtime. Lord help me, she has been a beast today. 

We bought a minivan this week. I am officially full #momstatus My 20 year old self would be embarrassed. 
    We are looking at vans right now and with this being kid #3 I'm am so excited for the extra space! My teenage self had to drive my parents van and was always mortified. I never thought I'd see the day where I was excited to get a van.... 
  • Options
    @MrsJ2410 you are definitely not the only one who is obsessed with Game of Thrones! In love with the show and the books!!
  • Options
    I really miss beer. Like reallllllly. I never missed alcohol when I was pregnant with DS and I'm not even a big drinker, but this time round is another story. A margarita wouldn't hurt either. I usually make sangria all summer long, so missing that too. 
  • Options
    Only 4 more hours until DDs bedtime. Lord help me, she has been a beast today. 

We bought a minivan this week. I am officially full #momstatus My 20 year old self would be embarrassed. 
    We are looking at vans right now and with this being kid #3 I'm am so excited for the extra space! My teenage self had to drive my parents van and was always mortified. I never thought I'd see the day where I was excited to get a van.... 
    I was talking to my cousin the other day who has a minivan for her 2 toddlers and I told her I couldn't wait to get one and she loves hers and we both agreed that they are the best. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    seitzy3 said:
    @lainikins my DD is 2/24 so I feel like I joined late anyways. I also feel like everyone else is 283747 weeks ahead of me. I'm over here patiently waiting until Saturday when I hit double digits 
    Yeah I'm 2/27. I definitely feel a little jealous when people are like "I'm 12 weeks!" Boooooo I'm only 9 right now.
  • Options
    I'm 12 weeks tomorrow. But I will deliver in January (hopefully not any earlier) since there are dos babies. I debated on joining in on the January board, but decided I didn't want to start over again.
    Plus I like a lot of you here. 

I was due at the end of the month last time and I remember also hating on the HDBD photos of women who were four weeks ahead of me. But after the babies were all born, it didn't really seem to matter. 
  • Options
    I'm smack in the middle. DD1 was born Feb 11th, so I'm just hoping not to deliver on the 11th or the 14th. 

DD2 wasthe tailend of June. HDBD felt like crap because my bump always takes so long to be noticeable. 
  • Options
    @MrsJ2410 you are definitely not the only one who is obsessed with Game of Thrones! In love with the show and the books!!
    I love GOT!!!
  • Options
    I'm 12 weeks tomorrow. But I will deliver in January (hopefully not any earlier) since there are dos babies. I debated on joining in on the January board, but decided I didn't want to start over again.
    Plus I like a lot of you here. 

I was due at the end of the month last time and I remember also hating on the HDBD photos of women who were four weeks ahead of me. But after the babies were all born, it didn't really seem to matter. 
    Don't leave!!!  I find you highly entertaining.
  • Options
    I'm smack in the middle. DD1 was born Feb 11th, so I'm just hoping not to deliver on the 11th or the 14th. 

DD2 wasthe tailend of June. HDBD felt like crap because my bump always takes so long to be noticeable. 
    Glad I'm not the only one wanting to avoid a Valentine's Day baby. Everyone keeps saying how cute it would be. *insert eyeroll*
    That's my actual due date, so given the stats I figure it's highly unlikely anyway. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I am hoping we don't have a valentine's baby here but w/e happens it doesn't really matter. It would just suck because as an adult your SO might try to piggy back the two events together and that would be annoying as hell.

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    @MrsJ2410 - I noticed that, too, but I figured it's still early, so maybe once regulars became a bit more comfortable. My previous BMBs had quite a few GoT fans and other nerd/geek interests. My H and I are huge GoT nerds and all things high fantasy (and other sub categories). We have a lot of shows to catch up on. With FTWD on hiatus, we're focused on GoT and a few other shows.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    I'm currently pissed because our friends who have is their hbo password changed it and didn't tell us. I asked DH to torrent the first two episodes of this season of GOT while I was on vacation last week and he didn't. Grrrrrr... Now I'm just avoiding spoilers like the plague.
  • Options
    babybro218babybro218 member
    edited July 2017
    @sabriel1 I'm also hoping it's not a Valentine's baby for the same reason! 2nd fear is that it will be the day before V-Day, which is my sister's bday. I envision a Sixteen Candles type situation and her blaming LO for ruining her birthday for years to come. Although everything works out for Molly Ringwald in the end of the movie, so maybe it won't be that bad
  • Options
    Anyone here use Reddit? DH claims I would find it entertaining. If so, what threads do you follow? 
  • Options

Glad I'm not the only one wanting to avoid a Valentine's Day baby. Everyone keeps saying how cute it would be. *insert eyeroll*
    That's my actual due date, so given the stats I figure it's highly unlikely anyway. 
    Hate that. It's not cute at all. DD1's due date was Feb 15th. Allllll I heard was "oh how cute!! A Valentine's baby!" *insert the biggest eyeroll here*. Let the kid have her own birthday. Damn. 
  • Options
    Ok, stupid random question.  How do you get a ticker to show in your signature?  I know how make the ticker, I know how to edit my signature, I know how to cut and paste the html into the html editor.  It just keeps telling me that images are not allowed.  So how do I get it to let me do an image?
  • Options
    Anyone here use Reddit? DH claims I would find it entertaining. If so, what threads do you follow? 
    My husband is too but I find it only mildly entertaining for passing boredom.  There a subreddit for basically every hobby you might be interested in.  I like reading the game of thrones discussions, nottheonion and looking up AMA (ask me anything) for celebrities I like.  Oh and it's fun to just sort threads by "best of all time" too.
  • Options
    I posted two pictures of DH and I trying out our new ring slings with one of the cats in them on the ring sling's Facebook group and got two comments correcting the positioning of my sling. #knowbetterdobetter #itsafreakingcatrelax 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Super random: anyone have a miracle solution for getting fabric softener scent out of laundry? Got some second hand maternity clothes but didn't realize until too late that they are like doused in fabric softener. 
    im a very scent free person.... 
  • Options
    julievdm12 said:mio
    Super random: anyone have a miracle solution for getting fabric softener scent out of laundry? Got some second hand maternity clothes but didn't realize until too late that they are like doused in fabric softener. 
    im a very scent free person.... 
    Wash with white vinegar +your normal detergent. The white vinegar removes all kinds of smells   
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7