Trouble TTC
Options

TTTC Checkin - 07/25/2017

Hi all, it's checkin time!  Congratulations to any BFP's and hugs to anybody who needs one.  

Welcome to the checkin, @soehlerk, @emmasemm and @hannahlce

Hugs for @eranvo27, I'm so sorry... we're here for you.

How is everybody doing?

2017 BFP Hall Fame

BecauseLove dx: amenorrhea, PCOS  Rx: IVF
MandyBeeSLP: dx: low progesterone, borderline PCOS, vitamin D insufficiency Rx:  IUI with letrozole
MountainLady: dx: Unexplained, Rx: Letrozole
kd0202: dx: Unexplained, LPD Rx: Clomid 50mg
pawcall: dx: MFI(morph) + testing Rx: unmedicated IUI
PoeMasque dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
MJDsquared : dx: PCOS Rx:Letrozole
greenange dx: anovulatory PCOS w/insulin resistance Rx: Metformin, Letrozole, trigger + TI
mrswifeytoad:  dx: PCOS  Rx: metformin + Clomid
SunflowerMama428: dx: pcos, blocked fallopian tube Rx: clomid

PAGING:

@Bababatty: dx:Low Motility  Rx: Letrozole + trigger + IUI
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@hoffmanr7: dx: unexplained Rx:  Clomid 100mg
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mlight28: dx Unexplained Rx: Clomid
@MrsM00re87: dx: DOR PCOS, low morph Rx: Femara + TI
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@seethosestars:  Dx: DOR + MFI and Rx: letrozole + IUI
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@smokinangel: possible PCOS, MTHFR gene, slight MFI Rx: trying to regulate hormones naturally
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@Labluver2 dx: testing
@laurad75 dx: possible DOR  Rx: IVF
@funkykey dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@Worldtravler0522 dx: PCOS/Unexplained Rx: IVF
@notamyrtle: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI + injects
@kyersten: dx: Scar tissue Rx: IVF
@Kim41313: dx: MFI Rx: waiting for testing
@MountainLady: dx: Unexplained Rx: Letrozole + IUI / possible IVF
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@MooFish2364 fibroid + endo Rx: surgery + TI
@vintageandrea90: dx:PCOS  Rx:Femara + trigger + TI
@Tops: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: Metformin, testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@msstephanielynn: dx:septate uterus  Rx: surgery
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin, progesterone
@brittlefebvre: in testing
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@kristimh80: dx: unexplained Rx: Injectables + trigger + IUI
@SoonToBeMommaHowe: dx: Unexplained  Rx: naturally until IVF
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing 
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing
@soehlerk: dx: Unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@hannahlce: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin + letrozole
@emmasemm: dx: unexplained Rx: testing 

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:
1.  How long have you been TTC?
2.  What is your diagnosis?
3.  What is your current Rx plan?

QOTW: How much detail does your doctor give? For example, do you get your blood levels, follie counts etc?

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Checkin - 07/25/2017

• Options
    Not much going on for me this week.  We are officially in the TWW of our last ditch medicated cycle.  DH and I finally came to a decision on which clinic we wanted to go to for IVF so I called today and made an appointment for the initial consult.

November 8th was the earliest we could get in with the MD we wanted, which actually works out better for us.  A few months off will give us a chance to recoup our expenses from the IUIs......plus give me a bit of a break before we charge ahead.  

QOTW: Our doctor has been pretty good with the details. And whenever I want more, she always is very good at answering my questions.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Options
    Hugs to everyone this week and welcome to the newbies! I am sorry that you have to be here, but this is a wonderful group to be a part of! 

***TW***

Thank you. It is still so raw. Yesterday I was supposed to go for another ultrasound to see my baby... It seems like a horrible nightmare and I know those of you who have experienced it know all too well what I am going through. I keep trying to see the positive, that the Metformin worked for me! I didn't have to wait 6-8 months for a period, but right now it is just hard. Thanks for letting me wander in and mope a little. I feel like I have to put on a brave face for everyone else who tells me how sorry they are for my loss because I can see how uncomfortable they are. They have no clue what to say or how to act so I feel I have to downplay my grief to make them feel better. Anybody else ever feel that way? Even with infertility? 

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ***TW***

Thanks for including me. I haven't posted in a long time...I ended up getting my BFP this past Sunday, had my second beta today and my third will be on Thursday. Obviously I haven't been very active so I don't expect anyone to care, but if anyone wants any encouragement I know I always needed it when I was TTC! Good luck to all <3 
    Me: 27 // DH: 30 
    Married 05/21/2011
    TTC Since Feb 2016
    RE: Dec 2016 Dx: PCOS
    5 rounds of Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel + TI 
    BFP!!!! June 2017 // EDD: 04/01/2018
    IT'S A BOY!

• Options
    @hoffmanr7 I'm glad that you found a clinic you like! We have been considering switching RE's if we end up doing IVF. My RE doesn't have the greatest success rates (they're not bad, just not the greatest). I have been doing some research and it is definitely overwhelming, so I'm glad you were able to come to a decision!

@eranvo27 ((hugs)) to you  <3

AFM, still just WTO. Unmediated cycles take soo long! I did get a positive OPK yesterday and today, so hopefully this will happen in the next few days.

QOTW: My doctor does not give me as much information as I would like. They will tell me that my "levels are good" but won't give me a specific number. I always have to ask. He'll tell me I have however many follicles but doesn't tell me the size. I ask, but sometimes he makes me feel like I am questioning his ability to do his job, which I am obviously not doing. I just feel like it's my body, I should know what's going on and I'm educated about how this works so I probably want more details about it than most people. 
  • Options
    @eranvo27 I absolutely hate how uncomfortable people feel around me now, it's so frustrating. Being in the place that you are it can feel very lonely and isolating unfortunately.  It does get better or at least you start to care less about it.  Hang in there! 

AFM- Started my Estrace on Sunday and I think our FET will be on the 11th or 14th of August.  In other news DH is taking a new job which means we are changing insurance and this makes me want to throw up.  The unknown of what is and isn't covered is terrifying.  

QOTW- My nurse is pretty good about telling me stuff but for me it's never enough because I want to know everything.  I envy those that get their results on a portal because I like reviewing all of the details once my head has cleared after the phone calls if that makes sense.  

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• Options
    Hi there! Just wanted to introduce myself as I've posted in The TTC discussion board, but have yet to check-in. My name is Christina, 33, and I live in NJ. It's been extremely helpful reading through all the discussions on this thread & has given me a sense of relief that I am not alone in this journey. I hope all of you have a short stay here! 

1. TTC: 9 months

2. Diagnosis: Unexplained; 3 consecutive MCs

3. Rx: RE gave ok for DH and I to TTC this month; started taking baby aspirin daily; possible progesterone supplementation pending blood work one week after ovulation. 

4. QOTW: I love my RE and she and the nurses have been pretty good with giving me details and exact numbers/levels, but hard to say since I tend to ask a lot of questions about statistics and what is considered the "norm".
    Christina, 33 / Married DH 32
    TTC since Oct 2016

dx: Unexplained; Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    History: 3 Consecutive MCs
    • 1/13/17 1st-Blighted Ovum @ 11w with d&c,
    • 5/4/17 2nd-natural miscarriage at 6w4d, 
    • 7/13/17 3rd- CP
    • 8/11/17 BFN (aspirin)
    • 9/8/17 BFN (aspirin)
    • 10/7 BFN (200mg progesterone)
    • IUI #1 10/20 and 10/21 (Letrozole 2.5mg & Ovidrel Trigger): BFP! 
    • beta hcg levels 11/3= 164 mIU/mL, 11/6= 749 mIU/mL, 11/15=26,516mIU/mL
  • Options
    tops-2tops-2 member
    Hey everyone,
    I haven't been around for a little while because my emotions are all over the place.. I'm 11dpo today and going out of my mind. I think I'll POAS tomorrow and see how it goes, but I'm not optimistic.

QOTW: How much detail does your doctor give? For example, do you get your blood levels, follie counts etc?
    I always ask for a lot of detail because it helps me cope better. They're good with giving details when I ask
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @hoffmanr7 - ooh, November 8th! Seems far away, but it'll go by fast, I hope! I hope your break is both restful and recuperative!

@eranvo27 - I'm so sorry again! Mope all you want! Um, I never feel like I have to downplay my grief to make others feel better. If anything, if people ask, I'm too honest! And I think it definitely makes some people uncomfortable.

Usually, it's only my husband's family I make uncomfortable, I think. I've been very private about our struggles with my friends and family - so being honest with those I've trusted is no biggie - but my H is a little more open. So sometimes, his aunt or someone will ask me a question, and I don't bother to hide my anger or frustration. But I figure, fuck 'em. You shouldn't ask questions if you're not prepared to hear the answer. I don't need superficial people in my life.

But maybe you are a much kinder, gentler person than me? Very sweet of you to worry about making others uncomfortable!

@vintageandrea90 - congratulations!!

@Worldtravler0522 - I hope the new coverage is good. :) It is terrifying!
    I get my results on a portal most of the time, and I love it just for that reason - sometimes at the clinic or on the phone, it's a little overwhelming - it's nice to have some time to double-check the numbers and spellings of all the different medications, and read up on what they do.

@tops-2 - GL! I hate the TWW - so agonizing!

AFM: AF has started, so booked my hysteroscopy for my polyp... Hoping it all gets resolved this cycle and we can go ahead with our first FET in early September! 

I keep thinking about which embryo to try first; I think we're going to start with the one that made it to blast first.

QOTW: My doctor gives me all those details, and sometimes I call and ask the nurse if it hasn't been posted to the patient portal too. Sometimes I think they like being asked extra questions - I get the feeling that a lot of people don't ask too many questions, and that sometimes they enjoy having a conversation with the patients... Our clinic is really busy and a lot of people come through; it's nice for them to get to know us a bit.
  • Options
    Not much going on for me. Just WTO. I did read an article posted in an Endo group about women using Benadryl during the implementation window to help them get pregnant. There are a lot of theories about endo - one being that the body attacks everything (sperm, embryos, etc) and that's what causes fertility trouble. There were a lot of success stories. It's definitely not something backed by data but I'm going to give it a shot this cycle. What do I have to lose? 

I guess I haven't really asked my RE for a lot of details. I get my lab results online so I have access to those whenever I want. He seems like a really open guy so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. 

@hoffmanr7 I hope it goes by quickly. Any chance they can put you on a list if there are any cancellations?

@eranvo27 you can mope around all you want. It's a terrible thing to have to go through. 

@Kim41313 I feel like this cycle is taking forever too! Probably because my RE asked me to start tracking again so I'm hyper aware of where I'm at. 

@Worldtravler0522 good luck with your FET!

@tinabell8 welcome! I hope your stay here is short. 

@tops-2 FX for a BFP. 

@funkykey I agree...if you don't want to knownthen don't ask. I'm done making everyone else feel better all the time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MooFish2364 Honestly, I didn't even think to ask, mainly because DH and I were looking to take a few months off anyways to help recoup from the IUI expenses, finish paying off both our school loans, and maybe save a little bit of money to put towards the IVF.  
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Options
    I'm just testing for O this week--hoping for a peak tomorrow so we can do an IUI Saturday.  Clomid was great; I had no major side effects.  One bad migraine on CD8, but that could have been from watching too much Netflix.   :D

QOTW: My RE will give me all the details--and if I forget to ask about something, I can send an email (through their secure system) and one of the nurses will fill me in.  They know I like to google things...here's hoping this IUI works so I can get out of their hair.  ;)
    Married: Nov 2010
    TTC #1 since: Aug 2016
    Dx: Unexplained
    6 failed IUIs on Letrazole & Ovidrel
    Final (#7) IUI - BFP!
    EDD: Nov 2018
    Team Pink!
    Me: 31/DH: 30

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker