Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

8 days of positive ovulation tests

tslewistslewis member
edited July 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant

Hi all! So this is my partner and I's first month of seriously trying to conceive. I bought the advanced clearblue digital ovulation stick and also bought some cheap non digital strips from CVS. I have a longer 36 day cycle so it told me to start testing on the 16th day of my cycle but I wanted to be absolutely certain I didn't miss it so I started testing on the 12th day of my cycle (which was July 13).

First day result was just a circle (low fertility), second day was a blinking smiley (high) and third day was a solid smiley. Didn't take the test the digital test again until 5 days later and it still came up as peak/solid smiley.

I had also been using the cheap strips since after my first peak with the digital test and they were giving me lines as dark as or darker than the test line and have been since, I've had 8 days of positives now. Have been doing some research but most of the old threads I'm finding where people had similar issues don't have updates on what happened.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not temping (I will start next month if I don't get pregnant this month though!). Also just for background I did have an early miscarriage around 15 months ago at around 5 weeks (only knew I was pregnant for 3 days at the time) so I'm wondering if this is a bad sign. Had never been pregnant before.

I don't think I have PCOS as I had a catscan a couple months ago (for gastro issues) and it said my ovary and uterus appeared healthy for my age but maybe that doesn't mean anything.

Any insight is appreciated! Thank you.

Re: 8 days of positive ovulation tests

• Options
    AlohaKumuAlohaKumu member
    edited July 2017
    Please do not post images of items that you have peed on. This is against the Bump TOU. It sounds like you need to see your doctor.
    tslewis said:

Hi all! So this is my partner and I's first month of seriously trying to conceive. I bought the advanced clearblue digital ovulation stick and also bought some cheap non digital strips from CVS. I have a longer 36 day cycle so it told me to start testing on the 16th day of my cycle but I wanted to be absolutely certain I didn't miss it so I started testing on the 12th day of my cycle (which was July 13).

First day result was just a circle (low fertility), second day was a blinking smiley (high) and third day was a solid smiley. Didn't take the test the digital test again until 5 days later and it still came up as peak/solid smiley.

I had also been using the cheap strips since after my first peak with the digital test and they were giving me lines as dark as or darker than the test line and have been since, I've had 8 days of positives now. Have been doing some research but most of the old threads I'm finding where people had similar issues don't have updates on what happened.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not temping (I will start next month if I don't get pregnant this month though!). Also just for background I did have an early miscarriage around 15 months ago at around 5 weeks (only knew I was pregnant for 3 days at the time) so I'm wondering if this is a bad sign. Had never been pregnant before.

I don't think I have PCOS as I had a catscan a couple months ago (for gastro issues) and it said my ovary and uterus appeared healthy for my age but maybe that doesn't mean anything.

Any insight is appreciated! Thank you.

Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • Options
    Sorry I removed them. I am going to see my OBGYN if this continues just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this and what ended up happening.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    _darth_darth member
    edited July 2017
    I didn't take pics before throwing away everyday but I do have some, this is from July 19 (3 days after solid smiley on digital):
    [Ew. Pee] 
    And these are the last 3 days, I think (may be one missing). Bottom one is today: Any insight is appreciated! Thank you.

QFP

TTGP August Siggy Challenge: Best Movie Insults
    AbominationStupid head

Lilo and Stitch (2002)