Babies on the Brain
Options

Weekly Chat - July 16

2»

Re: Weekly Chat - July 16

• Options
    I'm currently drinking a Palm Bay. And I would really like to try a Moscow mule. 
    As for TW, I don't like using it when talking about kids and even though I use it when mentioning a MC, I would rather not. I truly believe that MC should be talked about and shouldn't be taboo. That being said, I know it's hard for some ladies so I don't mind using the TW. 
  • Options
    I'm currently drinking a Palm Bay. And I would really like to try a Moscow mule. 
    As for TW, I don't like using it when talking about kids and even though I use it when mentioning a MC, I would rather not. I truly believe that MC should be talked about and shouldn't be taboo. That being said, I know it's hard for some ladies so I don't mind using the TW. 
    I definitely think they've gone overboard with not even being able to say the words "miscarriage" or "loss" without a TW. I mean, they are just words, not graphic details. But again, that's a change from when I was on TTGP previously.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lalala2004 - I get that they are words, but once you go through a loss words can trigger pain or bad memories. And on TTGP, there are so many women that you just have to watch what you say. 
  • Options
    I completely get the TW things. With the kids thing I csn see both sides. Listening to someone rant/rave about kids is hard when you can't seem to get pregnant. And having close(not myself) experience with loss it can cause a lot of emotion hearing about that stuff when you're not prepared. The is what a TW does it either helps prepare person for what they about to see or allow them to avoid it if it's not a time they can handle it.  Like @ChloandCoco said words mean a lot.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options

@glitzandglitter  Hooray for the end of class!  Oh, how I'd love to have a house elf.  Or, you know, magic.

@ChloandCoco I like work when everyone is gone.  But I would guess that really depends on how much you like your coworkers.  And I love looking at houses.  The one next to us is for sale, and I keep hoping they'll have an open house so we can go look inside.

@kindbytealikat Go naked potty training!  I'll keep that in mind for next summer (DS is D15). 

And I agree, it seems like there's no way to win with TTGP.  I absolutely get that it's hard to see people get pregnant so fast, but they keep trying to phrase it as a matter of becoming friends with everyone.  But then there's a minimum amount of time needed to become friends?

@JNCPro3130 Oh, poor baby.  I hope he feels better!  I always remind myself that as long as he's staying hydrated, he'll be okay for a few days.  

I agree with @JennyColada, I've been assuming that Babies on the Brain means kid talk is okay.  But I've got a kid, so I may not be the right person to ask.  As for miscarriages, I think they shouldn't be taboo, but people can still be sensitive about talking about them.

I am all for cocktail talk.  I do not like piña coladas.  I do like sangria.  I like margaritas, but only if they're made without margarita mix.  I have tasted a Moscow mule and I liked it, but I haven't actually had one to myself.  Blackberry mint juleps sound delicious.

What are you looking forward to this week? Vacation!  We are going on a road trip on Friday to see DH's brother and his family.  They had a baby in September, and we still haven't met her, and I feel pretty terrible about that.

What are you dreading?  Vacation.  This is our first road trip with DS, and I don't really know what to expect.  He's not great in the car.  And while I like my in-laws, they're not great with planning or time management.  And there's been some drama that was never really resolved.  So I'm trying to mentally prepare for all of that.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Get my IUD removed: done.

Random thoughts?  DH told me this evening that he's excited that the IUD is gone, and he said he was interested in the stuff I'm starting for TTC.  So I showed him FF and my charts from last time.  I don't know if he was truly interested, or just trying to make an effort, but I really appreciated it.

GTKY: How many pairs of shoes do you own?  Well... I never get rid of old shoes.  So I wear maybe a dozen, but I own a lot more than that.

• Options
    Okay, I'm way behind on my own thread. So I'm just gonna do this and post the rest tomorrow.

What are you looking forward to this week? Tomorrow's my last day of training! Don't know yet what my schedule is like the rest of the week, since I have to pass assessment first.

What are you dreading?  Not really sure! DH had his audition today and he didn't get it, but he's taking it pretty well.

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Pass my assessment. I also have to buy some Claritin because omg working in this stupid tree is driving my allergies crazy.

Random thoughts?  I came home from work and running an errand and passed out for about five hours. I'm going back to sleep shortly, since I have to be up around 5:30am.

GTKY: How many pairs of shoes do you own? Probably around 10-12. That I actually wear, maybe four (work shoes, my Skechers, flip flops, and flats). I have a couple pairs of heels that I rarely ever wear, two pairs of heeled boots I never wear and am actually trying to get rid of, a pair of flat boots I have to get re-soled, and a couple of other things.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @lalala2004 - I get that they are words, but once you go through a loss words can trigger pain or bad memories. And on TTGP, there are so many women that you just have to watch what you say. 
    I certainly don't want to offend anyone, and I have no problems following a board's norms. It's just that anyone who has had a loss is constantly having to stop mid sentence and write "TW" before stating a fact about their life, and it seems like a pain. But if it doesn't bother people to do that, obviously there is no harm in putting one just in case. As I said before, it's such a change from when I was first on TTGP, and it was a very mixed group even then.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    edited July 2017
    Secretstapler  I love margaritas but I'm the same way, I only like them made with lime juice and no mix!  And also on the rocks.  My H and I went through a serious home made margarita bender before getting KU with DD.  We became experts at making them!  Other than that I'm pretty much a wine girl.  Sometimes I'll make some citrusy sangria in the summer.  I'll have a fancy cocktail when we go out on date night.  Also yay for the IUD out and H showing interest!!     

I've never been part of the TTGP group, even as a lurker until I went over there to see what it was about after you ladies started to talk about it.  I have what may be a stupid question and I may not word this correctly: if the group is called TTGP, and there are some ladies who just happen to get pregnant quickly, why black list them?  They are still TTGP just like everyone else.  I understand people's sensitivities when TTC (I haven't experienced it first hand, but have a close friend who went through years of work to get pregnant), but isn't there a separate board for support for people who are having trouble and may be extra sensitive to a BFP, talk of kids, etc.?  Am I being insensitive?   

edit incomplete sentence 
  • Options
    @KFrob I feel the same way, that it would be really nice for those who are having trouble to have a safe space where they don't have to worry about mentions of upsetting topics around every corner.  However, that came up in this discussion that just happened, and there were two reactions.  The first was that they felt like we were saying they aren't welcome in the regular TTC board and we want to exile them elsewhere.  The second was that they have made a lot of friends and feel a lot of support on the regular TTC board, and they would lose that if they moved to the special boards (and there are at least two existing, one for trouble TTC and one for infertility).  I thought the first reaction was an overreaction and no one was saying that at all, but the second seemed like a valid point.
  • Options
    @Secretstapler it's such a grey area and with a group so large it's impossible to keep everyone happy. 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @kindbytealikat - That's the biggest thing. There are so many people with so many backgrounds using the site. 
  • Options
    @MrsMiller8588 bloody marys in airport bars are a travel tradition for me. So I totally approve!
    @Guillerma I love peppers in cocktails! Jalapeños in margaritas are my jam! But I tend to like more of the "savory" cocktails (bloody marys, dirty martinis, gin and tonics, etc). It's kind of rare for me to like sweet cocktails (and I don't really care for rum, so I don't really like pina coladas that much, shhhh).
  • Options
    I'm late to the party... don't think I'll be able to respond to everyone right now but I hope you are all having a great week so far!

What are you looking forward to this week? 
    It's our wedding anniversary later this week! We don't do gifts or anything fancy but I think we'll go to dinner this weekend.

What are you dreading? Work has been sooo busy. I have a mountain of paperwork I'm going to have to finish at some point, but we've had so many people coming in that I have no idea when I'll have the chance to catch up on it. 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week?  Nothing too big. I have been trying to find more good workout videos to do at home, since I can never seem to motivate myself to actually go to a gym. I've got a good collection of yoga videos from youtube, and now I'm trying to find some dance ones. My goal is to do at least one more workout before the weekend. Getting back into exercise is hard once you've stopped for a while!

Random thoughts?  Y'all have got me thinking about cocktails, haha :)  I'm usually just a beer and wine kinda girl, but in the summer something nice, cold and fruity is so satisfying. I'm definitely gonna have to try a blackberry mint julep, @Guillerma

GTKY: How many pairs of shoes do you own? I think like 15-16?  Of course I wear the same 2-3 pairs all the time. I have some pairs I need to get rid of too cause they're torn up... apparently I am kinda rough on shoes... :|
  • Options
    I'm not very cocktail savy since I'm generally a beer(of the craft variety) or wine girl. So what's the difference in a jelup and a mojito? I love love love a good mojit

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @kindbytealikat I'm also more of a beer and wine person, except for the margaritas I like with my TexMex! 
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    @diaphena - Happy Anniversary!! 
    @kindbytealikat - I'm not much for alcoholic drinks. I don't really like beer or wine. I drink my alcohol like I drinks my coffee - I add so much milk/creamer/sugar/syrup to my coffee, it's no longer coffee any more! I tend to go for blended drinks like mudslides, and ask for extra extra chocolate!!

RANT warning...
    I've been in an awful awful mood the past few days. I attribute it to my BC, which the pharmacy subbed for a different generic this past month. I am angry, I am pissed off, I am unapproachable - this morning I misplaced my keys (car and house) and starting throwing my purse/jacket/backpack around. I was FUMING!! And then I found my keys on the dryer, under my backpack. I've calmed down now but I'm still pissed that A. the pharmacy subbed a different medication and B. that even a similar generic with the same active ingredients can have such an effect on me. It happened once before, but I was just hoping it was sort of a fluke. I'm 1.5 weeks into the new pills and I just. can't. even. The pharmacy opens in an hour, and luckily it's in the same building I work in. I am really hoping they will do an early refill, or can contact my dr. for an authorization for an early refill. end RANT - thanks for listening/reading! 
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat I'm not cocktail savvy either but I think the difference is just the type of liquor used. I won't pretend I know what I'm talking about though lol. 

@kimberbeep I'm sorry your bcp is making you feel that way! That sucks. I can't use bcps anymore, but I remember some types I took made me pretty depressed and that was rough. And confusing, cause really similar types didn't do that to me! Hopefully your pharmacy can help out today. 
  • Options
    KFrobKFrob member
    @kindbytealikat I think @diaphena is right, I think the mojito has rum and mint julip is bourbon?  Mojito also has lime in it. I want a mojito now!  

@kimberbeep  I can't take BCP either.  They tricked my body into thinking I was in menopause and I had no sex drive.
  • Options
    @kindbytealikat yep, @KFrob is right! Mojito has rum, while julep has bourbon. I <3 all things bourbon,  so prefer the julep but they're pretty similar. 
    Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @diaphena and @KFrob - I had to pay out of pocket, but the pharmacy filled my normal bcp. Hopefully that's the root cause. I was so rude to my fiance this morning, and then I cried on my way into work. 

Mint in drinks is weird to me. I've never had a julep or mojito before, but I've tried mint tea and its not for me. 
  • Options
    @kimberbeep - I believe it. I took BC for a long time to help regulate really awful periods and my pharmacy swapped out my Rx for generic and it really made a difference. 

I'm not a big drinker. I don't like wine or beer. I only like mixed drinks where you can't taste the alcohol.
  • Options
    That makes sense, I do love me some rum.

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @kimberbeep I hope the replacement BCP gets everything sorted for you!
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    *I just need to vent for a minute. Please excuse my whining.*

This week has been pretty rough. The weekend was GREAT! My grandparents were in town and met DS. They loved him and he's still talking about them! On their way out, my grandmother slipped on my front stairs and fell. Not a good way to end a trip! Then Monday DS was sick and had a fever until late last night. Thankfully he got sick AFTER my grandparents came. He was better today, so I called to check on my grandmother. As it turns out, she was hurting pretty badly when they got home and they went to the hospital. She sprained one ankle and broke her other foot. I feel terrible! Ugh. I'm hoping this is the last of my crazy week!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130. Oh, no!  I hope your grandmother is okay!  And DS, too.  That does sound like a really rough week, you are definitely justified in complaining a bit.  I hope your week gets better!
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 I'm so sorry your week isn't going well. I hope your grandmother heals quickly 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @JNCPro3130 oh no! I hope all your family is healthy again soon!
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    @JNCPro3130 I'm so sorry, I hope your family gets better soon!
  • Options
    Sending your family good thoughts @JNCPro3130! Hopefully your grandmother recovers easily.
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 - Yikes! Rough week indeed! Wishing a speedy recovery to your grandma and that your son continues to feel better!
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 - I'm sorry I hope your grandma has a speedy recovery and the rest of your week goes better.
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 Wow what a week you've had! I hope everyone recovers quickly!