Working Moms
Options

Advice on grandma going on outings with 4yr old daughter

How do you handle it when your dad is more watchful than your mom, yet mom wants to take granddaughter out and about? I've offended my mom by asking my dad go with them (basically chaperone), but I have to be realistic about my daughter's safety. I'm at work during the week, so I can't go with them when they go adventuring to museums, parks, play dates. And, my 4 yr old DD will bolt or change course and can run out of sight.

Answers

• Options
    nackienackie member
    You have to put DD's safety first. Have you ever talked to your mom about how she needs to be more watchful or are you just saying that your dad needs to go too with no explanation?
  • Options
    How do you handle it when your dad is more watchful than your mom, yet mom wants to take granddaughter out and about? I've offended my mom by asking my dad go with them (basically chaperone), but I have to be realistic about my daughter's safety. I'm at work during the week, so I can't go with them when they go adventuring to museums, parks, play dates. And, my 4 yr old DD will bolt or change course and can run out of sight.