TTC After a Loss
Options

Health and fitness for July

This hasn't been posted for a while so I thought it might be nice to do a monthly one.

Just a reminder you don't have to be actively ttc to participate, I know that came up in May.  

What are your current goals? How have you been working on reaching your goals?

What have you been eating, and drinking? Share your recipes!

Do you have anything else you want to share with us?

Do you have any comments or suggestions to add to the thread?

Re: Health and fitness for July

• Options
    I enjoy running. I run 5 days a week and do 4 to 5 miles at the moment because it's too hot to do long runs in the summer. I have been trying to get up earlier to do the workouts but this past week even at 9 a.m. the heat index is around 90.
    I would love to lose a few extra pounds I put on after the miscarriage. 
    I love summer because of all of the fresh fruit. I have been eating fresh peaches and watermelon and more raw vegetables. I have been trying to cut back on my caffeine intake and shoot for once a day. Most days that will do it. 
  • Options
    Great idea. 
    I love mountain biking and normally go about 3 -4 times a week but since my MC I've been pretty slack. Went for a nice long slow solo ride today and it felt awesome. 
    I swear no matter what I eat I can't lose weight. I'm pretty healthy but just can't shake those extra pounds. I'd love to lose 20 lbs. I have been drinking a lot more water lately. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awesome about the bike ride. It's nice sometimes to just go out there and clear your head. 
  • Options
    pghrenpghren member
    I started playing rugby after 2nd mc. Played in a Rugby 7's tournament today. I plan on playing until a bfp puts me in the bench for contact sports. 
  • Options
    My biggest goal is exercising a bit more frequently.  I usually get like 3 days per week in at the gym (it's so freaking hot and humid here and our city doesn't really have sidewalks, so most outdoor running/walking doesn't work for me), but I'd like to get that up to 5.  I just feel so lazzzzzzy sometimes.

I'm happy with my diet, and think I've got a pretty great supplement routine down, so no real goals there at this point.  I'd describe my diet as about 90% primal (like paleo but with full-fat dairy, haha)...I'm celiac so my "junk" food can't get too junky simply because most fast food, etc is full o' gluten (I'm looking at you, McDonald's fries) and I overall feel so much better without eating any grains at all.  I tend to go a little overboard with sugar during the summer (I'm also looking at you, ice cream), so sometimes I think I should tone that down a bit.  Like @rklinge0 mentioned, I also *love* all the fresh fruit and raw veggies that are so prevalent and yummy in the summer, so big plates of those make up a lot of my diet in the warm months.

I make a lot of kick-as herbal infusions that I drink throughout the day, mostly iced in the summer.  I do a general woman's wellness/fertility blend that has RRL, nettles, lemon balm, and lavender...and then an anxiety blend with passionflower and skullcap (along with more lemon balm and lavender, with some peppermint for taste because I learned the hard way that skullcap tastes like hell).  I've had a lot of anxiety since my loss, and it helps a lot.  I also do a hawthorne infusion or tincture daily because I have struggled with mild and mysterious hypertension since a teen.  No doctor has ever been able to understand why I have it, so we just call it "genetics" and I treat it naturally *shrug*.  
  • Options
    Awesome about your herbal infusions and diet! Personally I am a big fan of full fat dairy, I grew up on a dairy farm and still as an adult drink whole milk and eat my fair share of ice cream in the summer. 
     I totally get it about the heat and the humidity; it's hindering me from upping my mileage right now.
    Sometimes I struggle with my bp but I think some of it is white coat syndrome. I assume you check it at home, too? 
    @allowachick how did the tournament go? I am amazed you can do contact sports! Definitely not my forte nor do I have the upper body strength. 
  • Options
    @rklinge0 Oh yes, I definitely have some white-coat syndrome going on, too with my BP, but it's always seemed to be more than that because I do check it daily at home and it really can just be all over the place (when not being treated).  Sometimes great, sometimes I'm rocking a 150/90 for seemingly no reason.  It drives me crazy!  The hawthorn helps tremendously since I prefer to not take pharmaceuticals for this issue.  

Glad to see another lover of full-fat dairy!  I've loved watching it become a more mainstream recommendation again!

• Options
    pghrenpghren member
    @rklinge0 we won! It was our home tournament which was nice
  • Options
    My eating isn't the best during the summer - I love ice cream when it's really hot out.  We are going on vacation soon so I usually splurge then as well.  I'm happy with my weight - it's stayed consistent the last few years even when I splurge on food it doesn't vary much.

My goals are more with yoga poses.  Last week I was trying to figure out the transition between chin stand and crow - super hard.  Also worked on the transition from crow to baby crow.  This week I'll only be able to go once so I  went 3 times last week with a 30 minute practice at home added in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have never gotten into yoga but my cousin teaches hot yoga. Have fun on your vacation, of course you deserve a "splurge" week. 
    Also hoping you didn't mind that I stole your questions @vlagrl29
  • Options
    no thanks on the hot yoga!  I don't mind you copied the questions - it's a good post.  Below is how I normally spend my days lol - sorry it's so big.  I have no idea how to resize.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker