March 2018 Moms
Options

BTDT Moms: Rep your stroller(s)

Since we have so many BTDT moms, I thought we could tap into the experiences and share out some favorite items. I figured we could do this thread about strollers since those are often a bigger ticket item that people like to start looking for early (garage sale season, anyone?). In the weeks to come, we could switch it up to other items so threads are easy to search when people are building registries, too!

What kind of stroller do you have? Would you recommend it? Why?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BTDT Moms: Rep your stroller(s)

• Options
    I have a city mini double side by side. I got it last year through Craigslist. I do love it but it's a 2015 and now that I want the adapter for our graco click connect I can't find any for strollers prior to 2016
  • Options
    I have a Graco stroller that was bundled with our infant car seat. We've had it 2.5 years and is still going strong. I would definitely recommend it. It was inexpensive and is very durable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd love advice for a double stroller. I'll have a 19mo when this baby arrives.
    Me: 30 H: 30
    Dx: PCOS
    Married: June 2013
    TTC#1: January 2015
    BFP #1 8/24/15 | MC 9/3/15 at 6w2d
    BFP #2: 12/12/15 | DD born 8/29/16
    TTC#2: June 2017
    BFP #3: 7/15/17 | DS born 3/20/18
  • Options
    DH and I were just talking about this on our walk last night. We have a single and a double Bob stroller. We got the first as a gift through our registry when we had DD. We loved it because it's a breeze to push, and when we run with it, it doesn't feel like too much extra work. The wheels let us easily take it anywhere: concerts in the park, hiking trails in our local parks, fairs, etc. We were talking about how much more difficult it would be to push something with smaller, plastic wheels. While it works for some, that wouldn't have worked for us.

We registered on a private registry when we were pregnant with DS. I wanted the discount :smile: I registered for just a few items, and the double Bob was one of them. Neither of our Bobs have a locked wheel, but they have the option (so it can be locked straight or not). The double is a side-by-side stroller, and we like it much more than the sit-n-stand stroller we received as a gift, which was an inline double. It was too cumbersome to push around and navigate in stores. I prefer dealing with the width of our side-by-side than the length of the inline when two toddlers are in it.

I run with both of the strollers, and they are great for shopping trips, too. They both have a carseat adapter option for most carseats, but you shouldn't run with the carseat even in the adapter due to the top-heavy weight. We still use both of them, and our kids are almost 2 and almost 4. We will be happy to have our double when this third one comes along, too! I hope this helps someone with a decision when the time comes!

• Options
    We got a jogging stroller and when it arrived I couldn't believe how heavy it was! I ended up having to buy a second stroller because I just couldn't lift the other stroller into my trunk by myself, so my advice is to consider the weight! If possible, go to Buy Buy Baby or Babies R Us and try folding/lifting them. 
  • Options
    I agree that it's a good idea to check them out in stores. 

We got the Chicco Bravo travel system with DS and I have loved it. I don't think a travel system is absolutely necessary if you don't find one that you love each component of, but I highly recommend either getting one or getting and adapter for the stroller you love so that you can click the car seat in and out. In the early days, this was SO convenient for quick trips into stores and such. The Bravo stroller is super easy to fold up with one hand and I have no trouble lifting it. I will say that I don't love the way DS sits in it now that he's not riding in the infant seat anymore. He doesn't act uncomfortable, but his tush slides around a bit, if that makes sense. 

Now that I'll have 2 under 2, I'm looking at double stroller and I'm highly considering the City Select. It can be a single or double, which is really nice. 
  • Options
    We got a Britax B-Agile 3 travel system in 2015 and still use the stroller sometimes with DS, though he prefers the wagon now for walks. We plan on using the stroller and car seat again for this baby. 

I like the stroller because it is comparatively light, it folds in one motion, and the tricycle design makes it really easy to navigate, even with one hand.

It was a bit on the expensive side, but I'd say worth it. Britax customer service is also really good, sending you new parts if there's ever a recall, and they sent us a brand new stroller when the folding mechanism broke four months in. (The folding mechanism on this new one is still going strong.)
  • Options
    We got a Bob/Britax B Safe travel system with our first, which was nice. It has inflatable tires so it's quite a bit sturdier than something with plastic wheels. It was so convenient in the early days to click the travel system in, and now we use it a lot as just the stroller since we upgraded the car seat. We plan to use this again with the new baby though. It's easy to push, not really heavy, and easy to navigate, but it would've been nice to have a jogger style or double stroller. We also have the Burley Honey Bee bike trailer (which is awesome as a bike trailer) that converts into a jogger. It is awesome to push since it feels like nothing and is a 2 seater, but because it's a convertible, the front wheel sticks out kind of far. However this hasn't stopped us from using it at the zoo and on walks. Much easier if there's any "off-roading" to be done ha. I am considering a double stroller, but am not sure I want to actually buy one. I'd like to hear from STMs about double strollers :)
  • Options
    Anyone looking to run/workout with the little one, I would for sure recommend a BOB over any other jogging stroller. Worth every penny! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This was something I wished I had for newborn stages but we never got a stroller. Instead we got a wrap and then a soft structured carrier. My son loved to be worn hoping this baby does too. 
    DD born August 17, 2010
    DS born October 13, 2014
    Baby #3 due March 2018

• Options
    We have 2 strollers:

Graco Modes - LOVE IT! It's especially amazing when baby is a newborn because it can recline into a bassinet so baby can sleep. Our DS actually slept in it for the first few weeks in our house! It has 10 different positions to put the baby/toddler in. I wish the jogging version had come out before we bought ours as that's the only thing I would do differently about ours. I prefer the wheels on the jogging stroller.

Jeep Jogging Stroller - HATE IT! We bought it second hand, and I didn't realize the front wheel is stationary (no swivel). It is great for jogging, but just going for walks, you can't get the momentum you need to turn so you need to awkwardly lift the stroller. It's terrible. When looking at jogging strollers, be sure to get one with a swivel front wheel!
  • Options
    We got the Chico bravo travel system too and have no complaints other than it's kind of heavy. I wanted to get a double from the start but DH said no... now that we'll have 2u2 I wish we would have since we'll be needing a new one. If you think you may have kids close in age I'd highly consider a double (or double compatible) from the get go!!
  • Options
    If anyone is looking for an occasional use, lightweight stroller we have the Urbini. It's like an umbrella, but sturdier with an adjustable seat and an almost total coverage hood. We use it for trips to the museums and park and it's perfect. Folds into nothing and very smooth to push. We got it as a combo with a car seat for $60 but we only used the car seat in the stroller. Probably one of my favorite purchases 
  • Options
    We have the city select double, and the double bob. Love both! The bob is great for walks with the dog, going to the zoo, jogging. The city select is my everyday type stroller. Still use both with my almost 3 and almost 5 year old.
  • Options
    I have a Mountain Buggy Mini--it fits the weight requirements for gate checking, is lightweight, easy to fold and I love the wheels. They are the hard rubber so they never go flat but can curb hop and go off on a trail easily. I personally just love the brand so I'm going to get the Duet side by side stroller as well. I'll keep my Mini for the airport and anytime I only need to put DS in the stroller because LO can be worn. And I have the Nano for my parents. It's an umbrella type stroller but it is so much easier to push and fold. 

Ive also considered a Bob double and have pushed a friend's. I liked it but am not going to take up running or jogging anytime soon. 
  • Options
    @heatherdubrow I've heard some people say the city select is hard to steer and is also a pain to reassemble every use... what's your opinion?!
  • Options
    @scoogy19 you do have to take it apart the get it in and out of the car but the seats just snap in and out so it's not hard or time consuming. I think the steering is fine (not as good as the bob, but no front to back stroller would be). It's a pretty hefty price though, that's pretty much the only negative. But I know you can buy them used and they hold up really well over time
  • Options
    @heatherdubrow thanks!! I know they are a bit expensive but I have time to look for a good deal! I found one at home goods actually and went back a few days later and it was gone of course booo!! I don't run at all so it will just be for walks and outings. 
  • Options
    I adore my bob revolutions and duallie. I use them as my everyday strollers as well as for running walks, fairs, etc. I had the city select too but didn't love it and at the end I felt the day I didn't see a need for two different $$$ strollers, 3 really since I needed the option to run with one or two kids. The only place I was using it really was the mall and I hate shiooung with my kids anyhow. Plus the bob fits fine anywhere a wheelchair fits. The bob steers awesome, handles great smooth push and comfy for bigger kids too. Only negative is it is hard to pack the underbasket. I dint find it that hard to lift in and out of the car. 

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    babybluubabybluu member
    edited July 2017
    I have the bob revolution. I like I cuz it holds all my stuff too  B)

ETA: I feel so weird commenting as a "BTDT" mom. I still feel like such a newb! Can't believe I'm going to have TWO 
  • Options
    I have a city select and a double bob and I love both! I also have a Chico literary plus that I'll use at the beginning since I can snap the infant seat right in it and it's super lightweight. 
  • Options
    I run with my DD she's only 13 months old I have a graco jogging stroller and the front wheel always veers to one side when walking with it. I used it for errands and stuff too but it was difficult because it is so big. When we get a double jogger I def will be investing in a b.o.b. What's the most compact Bob stroller? I'm trying to decide if I need to get a smaller regular stroller too to use for errands. My DD will be 20 months when baby is born. When my daughter could sit up we used umbrella stroller for quick errands. Thinking maybe of getting a double bob jogger and a double umbrella stroller.
    Daisypath - nBGk

Lilypie - GQnA

• Options
    Any suggestions for 3u2? My daughter will be 22-23m when the twins come, and I usually alternate between babywearing and an umbrella stroller with her. 

I was thinking maybe a double stroller with sit/stand and I can wear her until she is old enough for the sit/stand part? Or maybe I'll wear the twins and use our current stroller for her when DH isn't with us to wear her. 

Honestly, who am I kidding? I won't be leaving the house for the next 3-4 yrs! Lol! 
  • Options
    We have an Uppababy Vista and a Bob stroller. Anyone have a Vista that they converted to a double? I really don't want to buy a double stroller considering how much the Vista was and it's only a year old. I looked at some pictures online last night, but I'm not sure I like the set up of the bigger seat on the bottom facing backward. DD wouldn't be able to see anything. 
  • Options
    I have a Britax B Agile 3 system and it was great at first (lightweight, easy to click car seat in, and small enough for grocery trips), but then I spoiled both myself and DS with the BOB and now he won't sit in the Britax. I don't blame him, that BOB looks so comfortable! It's a little bulky to bring in the car but doable, and it is the easiest thing to push. I ran with it and loved it. I think we will end up getting the double BOB for walking/running, but I will mostly just wear 2.0 while using the single stroller for DS if we are out in public. 
  • Options
    kellmoriakellmoria member
    edited July 2017
    I prefer a lightweight stroller, so my stroller of choice is the Baby Jogger City Tour. It's not as full featured as any of the others mentioned. Use starts at about 4-6 months, and you can't attach any infant seats to it. It's a great stroller if you travel a lot, because it folds down to the size of a carry-on item. It also fits behind the third row of my Highlander, which is a small space and doesn't fit many strollers.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'd love advice for a double stroller. I'll have a 19mo when this baby arrives.
    Most of the ones that fit infant car seats are huge! if you don't have a car/SUV with a large trunk or storage space SOL. Seriously I barely fit ours in the back of our SUV and my oldest never wanted to sit anyway. I say babywear until your baby is big enough and get a double umbrella stroller.

I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Trend-Stand-Double-Stroller/dp/B01AZ20SSQ/ref=sr_1_9_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1500390245&sr=8-9&keywords=double%2Bstroller&th=1

We really like it and it's easy to use and works great, just way too big and we end up never using it.

• Options
    KLmyzKLmyz member
    edited July 2017
    Does any one have a Thule stroller? Me and my H were looking at those.  We would like somthing he can casually run with ( he's not a hard core runner but I can see him enjoying taking our lo ) and somthing we can take on walking paths. After few months I want to also have a smaller umbrella stroller maybe like the 3D summer one, that will be easy to travel with, or go to markets and such with since it will be smaller. 
    We are also looking into the bobs, I want to go see both in person tho. 

Eta lurker for this thread.  Realized after I have not btdt! Sorry didn't mean to jump in on your thread 
  • Options
    @KLmyz no need to be sorry! This is a thread for anyone. Btdt moms are here to give advice on strollers, so your post is 100% warranted 
  • Options
    I have the uppababy vista (2014- so not the newest version) and I love it. We used the bassinet for the first 3months beside our bed (in the stand) and could easily attach it to the stroller for walks in the early weeks. My DS is now a big 21month old (weighs almost 30 pounds) and I still use it daily to bring him home from daycare. This thing is a tank... it survived daily use in my Canadian winter with no problems. My only complaint is that it is heavy! It's Not the best stroller for putting in the back of the car, but perfect for those who tend to walk places more than drive. The basket is huge, so it's perfect for picking up groceries with baby. I am considering the rumble seat add on for baby 2, but the ride on board also looks interesting.  
    We have a lighter babyjogger city mini for travelling (we opted for this instead of an umbrella stroller, since it is only 17lbs and goes up to 50lbs capacity. Hoping it can last us until at least 3years old weight for travels).
  • Options
    One other comment: my kids all haaaaate the infant seat. Hate hate hate. Mines likely expired now so I may just do the convertible from the jump this time (I switched Rory st like a month anyhow). 

So so I never used the car seat in the stroller, which I'd planned and considered etc. as with all baby gear, hard to say since it depends on the baby!  

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    We have a bob revolution flex, and we love it. My DH likes to run with DS in in, but I just use it for going around anywhere, since I'm not a runner. When DS was an infant, we had the adapter for our chicco keyfit, and it was such a breeze to take him out for walks and to the store, etc.  Also love that the flex has an adjustable height handle, which is great for both me (short) and my DH (tall). 

There's two things though that I don't absolutely love about the bob we have. The storage basket underneath isn't that big, so you can't shove too much stuff in it. Also, the highest recline level of the seat back is still fairly reclined, and I'd love if DS could be sitting just a bit more upright so he can get a better view of everything around him. Ours is a few years old though, and I think that the newer versions may have addressed these things. 
  • Options
    I'm a City junkie. We have a Select and single GT. I got lucky and scored both secondhand, in great condition. The push for both are great. I really like how you can configure the Select however you want it (one seat, two seat, front/rear facing, etc. 
  • Options
    I've got a question if we have any car seat techs on the board: I have a chicco keyfit infant seat. I've read several places online that they fit into the baby trend sit & stand stroller. If it latches in, is it ok to use it with a different brand stroller or can that damage the seat somehow? It would be awesome to save the money on a cheaper brand stroller if it is safe.
    Married 6/2013, TTC 9/2013.
    ***TW***
    MC 12/2013, Blighted Ovum 04/2014, CP 06/2014
    Began RPL testing 07/2014
    BFP #4 10/26/2014; Theo born 07/2015
    BFP #5 06/17/2017, EDD 02/28/18

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @hullabalou that issue is usually just with a safe fit, not damage to the seat. So if it latches you should be good! A lot of strollers also have infant seat adapters you can buy 
  • Options
    We have an Uppababy Vista stroller for my first, and had the Mesa infant seat. We love it. 
  • Options
    We have the city select double, and the double bob. Love both! The bob is great for walks with the dog, going to the zoo, jogging. The city select is my everyday type stroller. Still use both with my almost 3 and almost 5 year old.
    Exactly the same as this. Love my city select for every day use, since it's super easy to fold and take apart. We got the car seat adaptor for it and I've used it as a single too. The double bob lives in our garage and gets used for neighborhood walks and walking my daughter (and son, and new baby!) to school in the fall when she starts K. 
  • Options
    We originally got the Chicco bravo travel system. I loved it in the beginning when it was a snap and go with the infant seat, but it's just okay after a year of wear. Bumpy ride, smallish storage. It has an easy fold though and a relatively small footprint for the trunk.

I splurged on the 2016 uppababy vista early last year. It's fabulous but I barely ever use it because we're not really a stroller family right now. It has a great ride, a lot of storage space, a good canopy. we'll get the rumble seat for this baby. It doesn't have a standing fold and it is slightly cumbersome but you can feel the quality. I find the 5 point harness weird...it doesn't tighten all the way for small kids unless you go from the back and pull the slack through the slots. I like the bassinet option for walks in the neighborhood for easy sleeping transitions, but I haven't tried it yet. 

A few weeks ago I got the summer infant 3D one umbrella stroller for travel and wow...I love it. Light, easy fold, full recline, decent basket, good canopy, easily adjustable 5 point harness, good ride. I can tell this will be my new go-to stroller for everything, especially since I'll likely babywear with the little one and push the toddler more often than anything else. 

• Options
    I loved the ease of the Chicco Bravo Trio travel system, just being able to snap the car seat into the stroller. And as others have said, the stroller was also easy to fold and lightweight enough for me to lift into the trunk of the car one-handed. The stroller isn't the best, it seemed like the seat wasn't long enough and DS seemed to be sliding down on it. In hindsight, I maybe would have done just the Chicco car seat + the caddy (to clip into to use as a stroller) and saved a little money. 

We have a BOB and I love it. Again as others have said (sorry, having trouble tagging at the moment), it's so easy to push and steer, and though it's heavy to lift, to push it's very lightweight. We also have a Joovy stroller we were gifted, and I like that the seat part has a little feature where the end of it can either be folded down, for baby's legs to bend at the knee and go down, or folded up, so baby's legs are straight out. 

• Options
    kmallskmalls member
    Jumping in late here, but for those looking for a double stroller I'd *highly* recommend a double BOB (we have the revolution duallie). I can literally push it with 1 finger if I wanted to.

Also a good thing to note: if you'll be walking a dog/dogs at the same time, a side-by-side stroller is going to be way safer than a front-to-back. The latter will tip over much easier in the event your dog/dogs lunge at anything and take you with them. My dogs are pretty little (Boston terriers) but even they can pull hard if they want to. Walking them with a double BOB is a breeze!