Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin: 07/12/2017

Hello all, it's checkin time...

Hugs to anybody who needs one. Congratulations to @eranvo27 for your BFP, please let me know when you want to be officially graduated! 

Welcome to the checkin, @Asampson87,  also thank you for all the well wishes, I'm doing much better....

How is everybody doing?

2017 BFP Hall Fame

BecauseLove dx: amenorrhea, PCOS  Rx: IVF
MandyBeeSLP: dx: low progesterone, borderline PCOS, vitamin D insufficiency Rx:  IUI with letrozole
MountainLady: dx: Unexplained, Rx: Letrozole
kd0202: dx: Unexplained, LPD Rx: Clomid 50mg
pawcall: dx: MFI(morph) + testing Rx: unmedicated IUI
PoeMasque dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
MJDsquared : dx: PCOS Rx:Letrozole
greenange dx: anovulatory PCOS w/insulin resistance Rx: Metformin, Letrozole, trigger + TI
mrswifeytoad:  dx: PCOS  Rx: metformin + Clomid
SunflowerMama428: dx: pcos, blocked fallopian tube Rx: clomid

PAGING:

@Bababatty: dx:Low Motility  Rx: Letrozole + trigger + IUI
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@hoffmanr7: dx: unexplained Rx:  Clomid 100mg+ Estradiol + Trigger + IUI + Progesterone
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mlight28: dx Unexplained Rx: Clomid
@MrsM00re87: dx: DOR PCOS, low morph Rx: Femara + TI
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@seethosestars:  Dx: DOR + MFI and Rx: letrozole + IUI
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@smokinangel: possible PCOS, MTHFR gene, slight MFI Rx: trying to regulate hormones naturally
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@Labluver2 dx: testing
@laurad75 dx: possible DOR  Rx: IVF
@funkykey dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@Worldtravler0522 dx: PCOS/Unexplained Rx: IVF
@notamyrtle: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI + injects
@kyersten: dx: Scar tissue Rx: IVF
@Kim41313: dx: MFI Rx: waiting for testing
@MountainLady: dx: Unexplained Rx: Letrozole + IUI / possible IVF
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@MooFish2364 dx:fibroid + endo Rx: surgery
@vintageandrea90: dx:PCOS  Rx:Femara + trigger + TI
@Tops: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: Metformin, testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@msstephanielynn: dx:septate uterus  Rx: surgery
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin, progesterone
@brittlefebvre: in testing
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@kristimh80: dx: unexplained Rx: Injectables + trigger + IUI
@SoonToBeMommaHowe: dx: Unexplained  Rx: naturally until IVF
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing 
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing
@Asampson87: dx: unexplained + MFI  Rx: metformin + testing

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:
1.  How long have you been TTC?
2.  What is your diagnosis?
3.  What is your current Rx plan?

QOTW: What “critter” scares you the most?

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Checkin: 07/12/2017

• hoffmanr7hoffmanr7 member
    edited July 2017
    IUI #3 was a big fat failure and I am currently on CD3.  We had an appointment with our doctor this morning to discuss options.  I thought I was ready for it because I had it in my brain that we would do one more IUI.  However, after answering some questions, DH and I, and our doctor, have decided it's time to take the next step and start the IVF process.

We are giving ourselves a low key month on Clomid 100mg and timed intercourse just to fill in the gap while we look at a couple of clinics and get a consult set up........and figure out how to pay for it.

I'm a big hot mess right now.  And thanks to crazy work drama last night, I am also sleep deprived which only makes my big hot mess bigger, hotter, and messier.  I just never imagined we would be here and it just plain sucks.

@GoldenKeys I am glad you are doing better and could you please update my Rx to just Clomid 100mg

And am I complete spaz that I can't find an IVF specific board on this thing? Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• @hoffmanr7 I'm so sorry that IUI #3 was a bust and that you have so much other stress right now, too.  Lots of hugs to you right now!!  As for the IVF board, check out the Infertility board.  There are monthly IVF and FET threads.  The IVF thread for this summer is encompassing July and August.  

@GoldenKeys I'm glad you are doing better this week.  I'm sorry again about your family emergency!

AFM I completely bailed on charting this month, or even just doing OPKs.  I'm fairly certain we missed our FW, but whatever.  I'm waiting to hear back from the clinic about our financing application, and our IVF training class is next Thursday.  Still planning to do IVF next cycle, if the financing is sorted out in time and AF keeps herself in check until after the training.  So, that would be next weekend, which is somewhat terrifying.  
  • Loading the player...
  • eranvo27eranvo27 member
    edited July 2017
    @hoffmanr7 So sorry round 3 was a bust! Sending you lots of hugs!

Good luck @Bababatty

I'm not sure how I am supposed to feel. OB and I had a very serious conversation about threatened miscarriage. My numbers aren't doubling like the were hoping. Still waiting to find out if they found anything on the ultrasound and I have high platelets. I am really hoping it sticks, but I am extremely nervous that it's not going to stick. OB thinks it is still really early so anything could happen. 

**update and TW**
    Just heard back, the ultrasound showed nothing. I have a TWW because there is a 50% chance that I've had a miscarriage that hasn't passed yet... So for the next two weeks I have to watch fro cramping, bleeding, and tissue to pass. If not I go for another ultrasound. 

Sending hugs to anyone else who could use one this week!

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• eranvo27  I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through this!  We're here for you, hugs

hoffmanr7  The Infertility board has the most people who are cycling with IVF right now

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• @GoldenKeys - hope you're doing ok. :)

@hoffmanr7 - I'm so sorry about your IUI being a bust, but I think you're doing the right thing. That many rounds of IUIs, statistically, you're not likely to see the result you want. IF sucks, and IVF sucks so bad, but at the very least you'll have a better shot. Best of luck to you, and I'm happy that you're moving forward with IVF - it is a game changer! (so they tell me)... When I think about what a game changer it is, it makes me so mad that it's not more affordable.

@Bababatty - keeping FX for you next cycle! Do you need to be on BCPs first? That might buy you some time to sort out the financing. (Ugh. The financing!)

@eranvo27 - I'm so sorry, that sounds so stressful. FX for you, and I hope the next two weeks you take very good care of yourself.

AFM: I am on an emotional rollercoaster.

They've decided they're going to trigger me tonight, so I'll do the retrieval on Friday. Because my follies developed faster than they were expecting, they dropped my dosage, and now we have $500 of medication that we didn't use and can't return. :(

I'm excited to be triggering, but of course scared that it's not going to work, and terrified of OHSS and that we're going to have to keep going after this. Really hoping this works!

Anyway, please keep your fingers crossed for me, ladies! 

QOTW: big snakes, for sure.
  • Sooo, once I posted this, some bad news. My RE called - they think there's a polyp on my uterus, so we'll do a freeze all and then I'll need another (another!) procedure to remove it.

I cried when he told me. This means there's definitely not going to be a BFP anytime these next couple of months. 
  • @funkykey I'm so sorry to hear about the polyp they found on your uterus.  I'm so sorry your being put on hold again.  All the waiting with this entire process is just awful. Sending you lots of good thoughts that you get your BFP soon.  

@eranvo27 I'm so sorry to hear about your possible bad news.  Fingers crossed this is your sticky baby and you get awesome news at your next ultrasound.  

@GoldenKeys I'm happy things are better this week!  

AFM- I started progesterone to help kick start my period and then off we go for our 5th transfer.  At this rate we should have our next FET around mid to late August.  I'm hopeful this will finally be it but I'm losing steam.  

QOTW- Spiders can just go to hell and die

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• tops-2tops-2 member
    Hi all :)
    @hoffmanr7 - I'm sorry you've had to move on to IVF. Fingers crossed you have success soon though :)
    @eranvo27 - Sorry to hear about your crappy news. Hopefully it's just still early.
    @funkykey - sorry for your bad news :'(

AFM:
    I'm on CD13 of our 2nd timed intercourse cycle, and it's looking like I'll ovulate on Sunday or Monday. I have another blood test and an ultrasound on Saturday morning to check/confirm things so I'm crossing fingers and toes...

QOTW: What “critter” scares you the most?
    Spiders... Can't stand them!
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @hoffmanr7 so sorry for your failed IUI and the work drama. We all just deal with way too much stress. 

@Bababatty good luck with your upcoming IVF cycle!!

@eranvo27 I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. I hope things turn around and you have a nice sticky bean. 

@funkykey sorry about all of your extra money wasted in your meds. Can you donate them? So sorry to hear about your polyp. That sucks. 

@Worldtravler0522 yes to spiders. They all need to be burned with fire! 

@tops-2 I hope you get in some good BD this weekend! 

AFM - I'm currently in the TWW but should have af in a few days. Just twiddling my thumbs until next Tuesday when I finally meet with my RE to discuss next steps. 

QOTW - spiders and centipedes/millipedes can all go to hell. Nothing with that many legs should be allowed to live on this earth. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ended up back at the doctors a week earlier then planned. Thanks to my fat disabled maine coon mix kitty (big cat) falling off the back of the couch running from fireworks on to my stomach and being overly active because I wasnt in pain thanks to pain killers i tore my stitches a little bit. And my one little cat who has been very confused by why she suddenly cant snuggle with me at night has been sneakily curling up next to my stomach after I fall asleep. Got cat hair in my incision and it got infected. 

My mom came over after bailing on me all last week including nights when i wasnt supposed to be alone. Said so many horrible things about me trying to reproduce that once i get a positive pregnancy Im pretty sure im changing my number and blocking her on facebook. Stuff like I would have to euthanize my cats once i got preg. And mean things about me and my fi and cursing the baby that doesnt even exist yet saying it would have down syndrome or heart defects and have to spend 8+ weeks in nicu and be a life long drain on the state due to medical issues. I ended up telling her to leave. The weird part is when FI and I had said we were going to stop TTC a while back (didnt happen) and focus on trying to adopt out of foster care after we buy our house (still a goal). She was nothing but supportive. 

RE did say I get to do my first IUI when i get my next period. But she doesnt say first IUI she says "the iui thats gonna get you pregnant" idk if shes just really confident or what but im getting my hopes up and i dont know if that's good or bad. 

QOTW: spiders and snakes. I want them all to die. 
  • @eranvo27 How stressful, I'm sorry.  Fx that it's just early and your numbers will sky rocket.
    @funkykey Sorry to hear about the polyp :(
    @Worldtravler0522 Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for your next transfer
    @MooFish2364 GL with your RE visit. 
    @fluffybookworm I am sorry for your torn stitches, infection, and mostly the mean things your mother said.  I can't even imagine. *hugs*

AFM, I'm feeling a bit better about everything this morning.  Its amazing what a night of good sleep can do.  Now I am filled with steely reserve.  If we are going to do IVF than I am going to do everything I possibly can to make sure those eggs are the best possible eggs my little body can produce.  I am officially determined.

I am a little upset with my MIL though.  DH told her last night that we were moving on to IVF (I was not part of the conversation so this is all what he told me after).  When he explained the process to her, she immediately asked what happens to the left over embryos.  DH is not super familiar with options as to what to do with left over embryo's nor am I.  He told her they would probably discard them.  Then she started going on about how fertilized eggs=life and, in my frame of thought, basically told him that discarding extra embryos was like killing our baby.  

Then she started going on about how we should do holistic treatment (they are very big into it).  Now, I will admit, we thought about it.  In my mind, what would it hurt, some changes in diet, going more organic, ect may help, who knows.  However, when I talked to someone from where they go, they said they did those on Tuesdays (only) and it would be every week for whatever treatment that we would need to go in.  This lady is at least an hour and a half away.  It would mean taking a whole day off every week just to go there which is just plain not feasible.  DH told her that she didn't have to believe in it but that it is our decision and she will just have to get over it.

We've already gotten tons of support from the few people we have told so far but it just makes me so mad......although, knowing their religious beliefs I'm not surprised.  We discussed possibly donating our embryos to be used by other infertile couples which we are both open to and may appease his mother a bit.
    Unexplained Infertility

• @Worldtravler0522 - oh man! FX for your August FET. Good on you, lady! xoxo Sending you lots of good vibes!

@fluffybookworm - ugh! Oh no!!! I didn't even think of my cat as being a risk, and then last night she kept trying to get on my stomach so she could knead it, as she does, and I was like: "Oh man, if she kneads my overripe ovary, I am going to lose it!" 

I'm so sorry about your mom. Sounds like she has some psychological issues she needs to deal with. Don't let that kind of hateful nonsense get into your head! And good luck with the infection!

@hoffmanr7 - I'm glad for your change of heart and that you are feeling determined!

Oh man re: the MIL. My sisters and I sometimes talk about how nuts Sophia Vergara's ex is with the whole "embryos are life" thing (which we also suspect is financially motivated). After all, as we all know, there is a big difference between an embryo and a live birth!

But also, and most importantly, it's no one else's business what you decide to do with your embryos. Sounds like your DH was very diplomatic! That pseudoscience nonsense I don't have a lot of patience with, as you know. 

Also, guys, I really don't mind spiders at all! No one else loved Charlotte's Web? I always always try to save them if I find them in the house - sometimes I even leave them, like if it's summer and we've had mosquitos.
  • @funkykey i would love to say that my mom has psycological issues. But Ive been trying for 10 years to get her to go see a shrink, she thinks the problem is the rest of the world, not her. 

I think i may tell her when my iui does take that she can either start going to family therapy with me. Or she can forget I exist. 
  • Yeah @fluffybookworm. Ugh. To clarify, I didn't mean a diagnosable condition, but it sounds like (at the very least) some nasty insecurities.

We're all a little bit crazy sometimes - I can be really nuts sometimes too! But that kind of talk, like: "And mean things about me and my fi and cursing the baby that doesnt even exist yet saying it would have down syndrome or heart defects and have to spend 8+ weeks in nicu and be a life long drain on the state due to medical issues.

In my experience, that kind of cruelty, that's usually because there's something the person is not dealing with or is in denial about - like their fears are starting to block them from living a loving life.

Anyway, so sorry. :( That sucks!
  • Sorry I haven't had much time to check in- things have gotten crazy busy at work- I'm transitioning between roles unexpectedly so things are insane.

So sorry to those who had disappointing news this week- wishing you the best over the next while.

Not much new here- still waiting for the appointment with the urologist.  I'm currently on CD 16 and am having minor spotting yesterday and today. Prior to the metformin I've never spotted between periods.  I'm hoping it's nothing major but I'll ask at my next Gynaecologist appointment.  We just continuing on trying but I don't exactly expect much at this point.
  • Thanks @funkykey and @MooFish2364  I'm really hopeful I can finally graduate from this board!  

TTC since December 2014
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    2 snow babies 

• Hey guys,

It's been a while... whoosh. 

@funkykey - good luck with the retrieval!  I remember I was so terrified about going under (I've never been under anesthesia), and I was also worried about waking up in pain. But anesthesia was a snap, and I had no pain. I'm sorry they decided to move to a freeze-all (same thing happened to me). We've already waited so long, and it's frustrating to wait even longer. In theory though there might be a slight advantage (debatable) to doing frozen rather than fresh transfers. So there's that. I was actually so emotionally burned out after the whole retrieval process that I was really glad it was a freeze-all... couldn't wrap my mind around more different injections and more suspense. 

@Worldtravler0522 Fingers majorly crossed for your FET. Really hope this is it for you!!

I'm still in the mega-long wait between my May 11th retrieval and my August 18th scheduled FET. My clinic believes in 'break cycles' and does a Lupron protocol, so I took a cycle off after retrieval, did a hysteroscopy (which was an ouchie), and now I'm soon going to start spending a whole frickin month on Lupron. I know these extra delays don't make a huge difference in the scheme of things, but the biological clock is ticking. If this FET doesn't work, I don't want to spend a whole additional 3 months to do another FET. I think I mentioned this, but I saw a second opinion RE a few weeks ago and REALLY liked him. If the FET doesn't work, I want to switch to him, but it's going to be a huge argument with my husband... ooof. We'll see. 
    Me - 35 (DH - 33). 
    TTC since May 2015.
    Saw RE in July 2016.
    11/16: IUI #1=  BFN.
    1/17: IUI #2 = BFN.
    5/17: IVF #1. 'long lupron' protocol. E2 = 4800, 'freeze-all', 8R, 7M, 4F, 4B.
    8/17: FET #1.
    Thus far - 'unexplained'.
  • @eranvo27 : I am so sorry - I cant imagine how nerve-wracking it must be :(. Fingers crossed this is a slow start and there is a good outcome...

@fluffybookworm : Ugh, so sorry for what your mom said... I can't even imagine. I agree with what everyone else said, hold your head high and do what you need to do to stay sane amidst her craziness...

@hoffmanr7 : Sorry about the IUI :(  Moving to IVF seems very reasonable at this juncture, and I'm excited for you....

Me - 35 (DH - 33). 
    TTC since May 2015.
    Saw RE in July 2016.
  • @hoffmanr7 so sorry for the BFN :( But I am glad that you feel ready to start the IVF process! My MIL is also somewhat religious, and I have asked my husband how he things she'll react if we have to do IVF. I think she may react similarly to your MIL. But realistically, it doesn't work like that at all. Maybe you can talk to his mom more about what you would do with leftover embryos. Its so hard to go through this, let alone feel like you are being judged by close family members who are supposed to be supportive. (hugs)

@Bababatty I hope your financing gets sorted out and you can get started next cycle!!

@eranvo27 I'm so sorry you're going through this! I hope that everything works out!

@funkykey so exciting that your retrieval is today!! let us know how it goes!! FX that you get lots of mature eggs! I am sorry about the polyp, that is so frustrating. Do you know how long you will have to wait after having the polyp removed before doing a FET? When I had a polyp removed in February, I was told to "not insert anything" into the vagina for 4 weeks (no sex, no tampons - and I'm assuming that would also apply to doing an IUI or transferring an embryo?) I hope that you don't have to wait too long!!

@Worldtravler0522 FX for your next transfer!

@fluffybookworm so sorry you are having a rough re@Bababatty

@notamyrtle ugh, that is a really long wait!! You are almost there though, hang in there!!

AFM... AF finally showed up late Saturday (17DPO). I went in Monday for my baseline ultrasound and I have a cycst! So, no IUI for me this month :(  I was really upset about it at first, but I have calmed down a lot. I think it was kind of more just a reality check that this is a freaking process and it could take a lot longer than I think. I was hoping we could do IUI July, August, September, and if they didn't work start getting ready for IVF and I would hopefully be able to do that by the end of the year. But once I let that image in my head go, I feel better. Its a marathon, not a sprint, right? 

QOTW: I would have to say palmetto bugs for sure. Its bad enough that they're big and disgusting, but WHY  TH EF do they have to fly?? 

Snakes don't bother me at all. When I was younger my dad used to breed and sell snakes (how weird is that??) so I was around them a lot and it desensitized me. 
  • tops-2tops-2 member
    I had a blood test and ultrasound this morning and they found a nice big follicle :)
    And then I got the blood test results and they said I'm in the middle of my LH surge! So off to BD ;) Wish us luck!
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @notamyrtle - that is a long wait!! Ugh! I think it's good that you've lined someone else up, in case this FET doesn't work. Minimize your stressors where you can. You've been at this for a really long time...

@Kim41313 - I have no idea how long I'll have to wait after the polyp removal, but didn't have that advice about the vagina after an IUI. I'm definitely not planning on inserting anything into my vagina right now, though. I'm still sore from the retrieval.

I'm so sorry about the cyst. That sucks. It happened to me once, and I almost cried on the u/s table. This whole process sucks. I also know what it's like to have timelines in your head - I so so wanted to do the retrieval before my birthday, but due to some scheduling and suppression, I had to do it after. It sucks. We've already given up so much, you know? It would be nice to at least have one thing go according to plan at least one time. Besides which, it's not like your plans are that unreasonable. Like, it would be nice if you got pregnant on your next IUI, you know? Anyway, keeping FX for you and hoping for a speedy resolution with that cyst.

@tops-2 - FX!

AFM: some good news. They retrieved 13 eggs, 11 were mature, and 9 of those have fertilized.

Part of me is glad they're at the clinic growing and not at home, because if they were with me, I would just stare at them and wrap them in cashmere and sing little songs to them. Very weird feeling to have a piece of your body, that you want so much, living outside of your body. Maybe this is what motherhood feels like? 
  • @funkykey that's so great!! I'm so glad 9 eggs fertilized! I don't blame you...I'd want to carry those little eggies around too...so much potential, hopes, and dreams in a little dish. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @funkykey congrats on the 9 that fertilized!  

TTC since December 2014
    2 snow babies 

• @funkykey thanks. I almost lost it at the RE's office, but I did manage to keep it together until I got to the car!

yay for 9 fertilized! That's great news! Keeping my FX they're all growing nicely!! 
  • @tops-2 FX!
    @funkykey Yay for 9 fertilized!! Also, your post seriously made me LMAO.  I can just picture a little incubator wrapped in cashmere.
    Unexplained Infertility

• @hoffmanr7 - oh man, for the past couple of days, at least 3-4 times during the day, DH and I are like: "I hope they're growing!" 

We joke also because our clinic is in this kind of boring, sad mall. Seriously - the clinic is nice, and the waiting area is nice, but the mall itself is so ugh. DH says that all malls are sad, which is kind of true, but so weird that I care so much about these little embryos and that I'm letting them live in a mini oven in a depressing place. Like: "We love you so much. We conceived you between the lame 90s grocery store and that grungy Vietnamese place." 
  • @funkykey - congratulations on the excellent retrieval and fertilization report! That is really exciting! Fingers crossed that most make it to blast. That is funny about the location of your clinic! Huh. It will definitely make for good stories. 

@Kim41313 and @funkykey - thanks for the sympathy around the long wait.

Yes, it's been more than two years now. Not the longest that some people have been waiting, but it definitely feels like forever. And in some ways I feel like the second half of this journey is just beginning. After two years, we finally know we can make embryos, but perhaps the real barrier to pregnancy lies ahead. If the FET works, then great, but if not, there could be more cycles of retrievals and FETs until we finally figure out what is wrong. I'm getting burned out by the long drawn out process. I wish my clinic operated on a faster time scale but I guess they are what they are. 

Me - 35 (DH - 33). 
    TTC since May 2015.
    Saw RE in July 2016.