September 2017 Moms

All things babywearing

13»

Re: All things babywearing

• @bnmort8 every babywearing carrier is going to have a learning curve.  Most start with a stretchy wrap like Moby or a boba wrap if you want to get into it.  Wrapsodys are great beginners as well and they can be used longer.   Watch youtube videos.  Lots.  It will help you get more comfortable with it.   

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I just snagged a lightly used Sakura Chambray ring sling from a babywearing FB group. I am SO excited.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just snagged a lightly used Sakura Chambray ring sling from a babywearing FB group. I am SO excited.
    Omg so jealous!!!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 I bought it through the Babywearing Swap FB group. There's also a group just for buying/selling Sakura - Sakura Bloom, BST. A lot of people seem to sell for not much off the retail price even for more than lightly used slings and if all I'm going to save is $10 I'd rather get a brand new one! But this one was only used a few times and selling for $100 (vs. $160 for brand new). It even happened to be the exact type and color I wanted the most (Chambray Marin) - my lucky day!
  • There is a benefit to buying used with a lot of things also. They are broken in which can be invaluable depending on the material. Wraps, slings and carriers will maintain almost 100% retail value for the most part. BST are great for finding patterns and prints that are usually unavailable and or sold out in retail locations. 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I dug out my Catbirdbaby meitai last night and watched some videos. I won it when DS was 6 months so never realized it could be used with a newborn. I watched a few videos and I'm excited to try it!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers