TTC After a Loss

Intro and Question

Hi all.  I actually used to be on this board frequently a few years ago, but thought it has been long enough that I should just start over.

I am a loss mom who got her rainbow baby about 3 years ago, and am now trying again for baby #2.  I just got a faint positive in June, and we were very excited until I started losing the line.  Blood tests confirmed last week we lost the pregnancy, which leads me to my question:

This pregnancy was just barely past "chemical pregnancy" stage (didn't make it quite to 5 weeks).  So I am treating it like one, and am wondering if anyone here had a regular cycle immediately after a chemical pregnancy.  Was it normal, delayed, MIA?

Thanks in advance for any experience you can share.  I'm trying to keep optimistic, but...well, you know. :/
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Intro and Question

• welcome and sorry you find yourself back here.  I had a CP at 5 weeks back end of December - horrible right before new years.  My cycle was back to normal immediately the following month.  However barely any CM.  The following month I had a TON of CM for a good week.  Maybe that's the time they say you are really fertile after a MC.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for the reply!  That's good to hear.  I've read mixed results online (I know, mixed results for TTC advice, crazy right?).  Most of what I've run across suggests a delay by however many days you had the chemical before AF.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sure it varies person to person but I'm like clockwork as always lol.  I did not however use OPKs that month.  Just wasn't feeling it.  Count Day 1 as the day the flow really started.  I want to say I also broke out crazy on my face as AF neared.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Image result for raise hand gif
    My signature shows my loss history, so I've got lots of experience with this question (unfortunately). All of my cycles came back at approximately the 'regular' time... including the 5.5 week loss, and the 2 chemical pregnancies (which were both 4-4.5 week losses approximately). However, the length/flow of AF and the symptoms/PMS around them has changed slightly after each one. Sometimes the various symptoms go away after several cycles, or sometimes they're a new 'permanent' change (at least until my next MC).

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Welcome. So sorry you're here. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @dpjennifer thank you for sharing your experiences.  I'm so sorry you have gone through so much, but I am so grateful that you are willing to share information.  You are an incredible person.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • ngolimento Thank you. No problem. Sorry you're going through this again, and ask away if you have questions.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1