April 2016 Moms
Options

Favorite meals & snacks

I feel like we are in a mealtime rut. What are your kiddos favorites when it comes to meals and snacks?
kids with flags

Re: Favorite meals & snacks

• Options
    Snacks - cheese (we like to try a few different kinds each week - favorites so far have been Havarti and smoked Gouda), yogurt, or fresh fruit. DS isn't really into cereals/puffs.

Meals - DS eats table food, so whatever we eat unless it's too spicy or we pick up fast food. His favorites are chicken and black bean enchiladas, spaghetti, grilled chicken, and burrito bowls. 
  • Options
    Snacks - anything with peanut butter, smoothies (strawberry, banana, spinach, orange, flaxseed is a favourite) 

Meals - risotto (so easy with a pressure cooker), shepherd's pie, pan fried potatoes, most veg steamed until very tender, egg noodles 

many people I know love Annabel Karmel for baby and toddler food inspiration 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @redselig I forgot about risotto! That's a favorite here, too! And easy even without a pressure cooker! 
  • Options
    @redselig I forgot about risotto! That's a favorite here, too! And easy even without a pressure cooker! 
    You have to tell me your technique! I had stir so much before I bought a pressure cooker! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    redselig said:
    You have to tell me your technique! I had stir so much before I bought a pressure cooker! 
    Oh, I make it the normal way with all of the stirring! I still find it pretty easy/quick though.
  • Options
    Snacks- string cheese, roasted chickpeas, veggie straws (healthy, right?), 

Meals- anything we are eating!
  • Options
    Quesadillas, Broccoli and cheese rice (in the frozen veggies section), and sandwiches are current front runners. This changes semi-daily though.