September 2017 Moms

High Risk Check-In 7/4

Happy Fourth of July to my American friends!

Welcome to any new posters!

This check in is for anyone diagnosed with a high-risk condition that needs increased monitoring or testing so that we can discuss our conditions and support each other. I'd like to pray for each of you in my daily prayers! If you're not comfortable, just leave it blank. 

How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Any concerns/news currently?

Anything I can pray for you specifically about right now? 

GTKY: Tell me about a terrible roommate you had (or a story about learning to live with DH)!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
Married in July 2014
TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
A1Cs:
1/12/16 6.7%
5/25/16 6.0%
11/2/16 6.1%
3/22/16 5.8%
4/27/17 5.4%
6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"

Re: High Risk Check-In 7/4

• adooadoo member

How far along are you?
    30+5

Why are you high-risk?
    GD, pre-e in previous pregnancy and DS medical history

this week I see the GD dietitian (Thursday) and my OB (Monday) this will be my last OB appointment before starting 2x week NSTs 

so many people have been telling me it's twins and it's really starting to annoy me and freak me out
  • How far along are you?

28 wks 4 days

Why are you high-risk?

GD

Nope. Not until next week.

I had my first high after dinner number. I knew I would be close with getting food from a food truck, but I was sad I was over.

GTKY: Tell me about a terrible roommate you had (or a story about learning to live with DH)!

When I was 19 I moved out with my best friend. 2 weeks later she moved her boyfriend in with us. It was like living with parents. They wanted me home for dinner and to be in by a certain time. I was in a party stage and we always fought.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?
    31w4d

Why are you high-risk?
    short cervix, unexplained bleeding

I have an ultrasound and OB appt on Thursday. After last week's bleeding/contractions/hospital stay, I'll now be having weekly ultrasounds until the end.

If I do more walking than just around the house/yard, I have frequent contractions. They go away if I rest and drink water, but still causes me concern. Looks like my activity will be fairly limited until I make it to 36 weeks. I'm also really scared of having another bleeding episode and having to go into the hospital again.

Cervical stability, no more bleeding

My second year of grad school I shared an apartment with two friends. One had been my roommate the previous year and it had worked out well and the second one was a mutual friend of ours. Turns out the two friends were not very compatible as roommates. While they never had major blowouts, there were a lot of tense/awkward situations and I hated always being stuck in the middle. When I was alone with one of them, I would have to listen to complaining about the other one. I tried to stay neutral as much possible, but it was a hard position to be in!
  • JustBored10JustBored10 member
    edited July 2017
    How far along are you?
    30+5

Why are you high-risk?
    I carry an antibody

Not this week  Midwife appointment and blood work on the 17th.

I took a break from my iron supplement this past weekend. On Thursday and Friday I felt so sick and constipated.  Back at it again today though...  Hopefully my iron counts improve in a few weeks.

I use to live with my ex who also had his sister, younger cousin and his best friend staying there also.  I was 21/ 22 years old. His cousin turned out to be one of my best friends. It was nothing but a huge party house ALL THE TIME.  Literally everyday but it was one of the funnest summers of my life so far.
    But living with my ex was horrible.  It came to the point where I basically over took his bedroom and he slept on the couch and we barely spoke.  That is the same summer I met my now husband who was the one who finally gave me the courage to walk away from him and move back home after a 7 year relationship. 
  • Breath_Easy92Breath_Easy92 member
    edited July 2017

How far along are you?

31 weeks 2 days
    Why are you high-risk?
     placental abruption 
     I see my doctor tomorrow to discuss starting my every 3 day monitoring
    well I kind of need advice... I had blood clots and bleeding Monday and called the doctors office, a colaborating doctor took my call and told me to go to the hospital she wanted me monitored for 48 hours and that blood clots are really serious. I get to the hospital and there's a doctor on call that I don't know. They didn't do any of the normal things. They only did a non stress test and they told me him wasn't active enough here chug some sprite. Then the nurse came back 30 minutes later said okay baby is moving around you can go home, you dont really need to come in for things like this, it's not really active bleeding and I should talk to my doctor before I come in. I told her that my doctors partner had sent me and her face kind of dropped like oh sh*t but she already had me sign the discharge papers. Then she just said "oh well I guess then do what your comfortable with." And ran off. That whole situation made me kind of feel uncomfortable and blown off, I wasnt sure if it was something I should talk to my doctor about or what. My husband is livid about the whole experience and wants to know where the miscommunication was, considering I've been sent to the hospital for significantly less bleeding. My impression was that this nurse was being lazy. 
     just the usual, thank you!
      I once had a roommate (I had known her 3 years previously and she seemed fine) who met this guy who was living in his car and SHE OFFERED HIM TO LIVE WITH US! I'm all for helping the homeless but we didn't know this dude. Plus I found out by walking out of my room to find him on our couch and I asked him if he was friends with Katie my roommate an de he replied "oh the chick with the blonde hair right? Yeah she said I could crash here, so are you gonna need the shower soon?" .... yeah I moved out and my instincts were right he ended up robbing her.
  • @Breath_Easy92 that is really frustrating! I sometimes get varying responses from different nurses/drs when I have called about bleeding issues too, but I always remind myself that my OB has told me multiple times to call for any red bleeding no matter how little and that I should err on the side of caution if I'm not sure. When I've talked to the nurses at the OBs office/drs on call when it was off hours, they've had somewhat different levels of concern, but the conclusion has always been that I should come in and be seen. Last week I had a hard time deciding if I should call the dr because the amount of bleeding I had was so small, but then they ended up admitting me to the hospital after I did go in, so I knew I did the right thing. I think if you get push back from anyone who isn't taking it seriously, just remind them what your doctor asked you to do. Your assessment about the lazy nurse is probably correct!
  • @Rhubarb7216 thanks :) you're right, and my doctor tells me I need checked EVERY time because you don't know when it's going to be THE time. Then she tries to nonchalantly remind me that baby and I could both bleed out if we aren't at a hospital, and I try to not look like I'm panicking lol. But that makes me feel better you felt the same way about the nurse, I'm just so sensitive now and especially with all the added stress I feel like I'm always on gaurd. 
  • Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited July 2017
     @Breath_Easy92  Ummm wtf?? What part of "placental abruption" do they not understand??  Did they not hear that you have that?  Don't feel bad. There definitely must have been miscommunication.

How far along are you? 
    31+1

Why are you high-risk? Type 1 DM, MTHFR 

I have a full week off! What the heck! I had a growth scan less than a week ago on Friday though.

My blood sugars have been doing alright but yesterday they got out of control. I changed my site and put fresh insulin in, I think some basal rate adjustments are needed. I hate to wait another day to monitor for trends but it's the safest to make sure it wasn't a one time issue. 

Back in January, I did a podcast interview for a Type 1 DM podcast. I talked about TTC and pregnancy with type 1. It just aired last week, I out the link to it in my signature if anyone is interested!

I've been super nauseous and GI upset in both directions for a couple days now. It's getting really old.. I feel like crap all the time. Idk if that's why my blood sugars are getting more difficult. Prayers that my tummy feels better and my blood sugars stay well controlled and baby stays healthy!

I was roommmates/friends with a girl in college and she was crazy.. sorry. She and her Bf loved to do anal and you always knew it was going on... so loud. She had a couple mental breakdowns where she wouldn't come home after work and we'd all try to find her and when she finally picked up her phone she'd be bawling about being lost in some parking lot not knowing where she was (but she grew up in this town..). We'd have to drive and find her based on her descriptions and she was just so weird. I was concerned for her mental health and if she was doing drugs. I ended up breaking away from her and not talking to her and she became really upset with me for not telling her things anymore. I just didn't feel the need to talk to her or care about her life anymore. I'm kinda mean I guess. She was just unusual and I preferred my DH over her! (Then bf).

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Sugargirl1019 thanks, i talked to my doctor about it today and she was pretty much just like well when you walk in tell them I sent you right away whether I did or not. So I guess that's the plan now ugh. I just need to make it 5 more weeks and 3 days and they'll induce! also, your crazy roommate and mine need to be friends haha.
  • @Breath_Easy92 apparently I'm joining your placental abruption club. Last week when I was in the hospital the doctors told me that it was possible I had an abruption, but they didn't think it was likely. Today when I went to see my OB she told me that they have concluded that I likely do have a small abruption. They really don't know, but they have ruled out all other causes of bleeding, so that's the most likely case. Because of this my OB wants me to be induced at 37 weeks, unless baby decides to come earlier (or abruption gets worse and need to do something sooner). Until then I have weekly ultrasounds and OB appointments to keep a close eye on everything. How was I so "lucky" to have a short cervix, partial placenta previa (now resolved), and a placental abruption all in one pregnancy??
  • @Breath_Easy92 I'm sorry you had such a crappy ER experience. You would think they would read your file and could tell that hey maybe this is more serious. Ugh!

@Rhubarb7216 I guess it is good to know the cause of the bleeding. I'm sorry you have had to deal with all those things this pregnancy.

How far along are you?
    30+3

Why are you high-risk?
    Multiple MCs, bicornuate uterus, insulin resistant, pre-eclampsia

NSTs and weekly US with the MFM and weekly visits to the OB

LO finally decided to turn around with her head down. So that is a huge plus! The OB was concerned she wouldn't be able to turn and would get stuck breech due to the bicornuate uterus. That was one of the big factors that made a C-section highly likely for us. Now LO just needs to stay head down for another 9 weeks. The MFM seemed to think that since she had turned we were clear to shoot for a vaginal birth like I was hoping for. The only other concerns that would push us back to a C-section would be her size or if the pre-e causes her to be too distressed.

Other than DH, I have only had 2 roommates. The first lasted all of 3 days in college before she was kicked out of school for kleptomaniac related issues. The second roommate was the worst. She was super inconsiderate, stole a bunch of my stuff, would use my desk as a step stool, broke my laptop... Plus the worst part was I was good friends with her then boyfriend (now husband) who she cheated on all the time. The guy was super naive and never believed she actually cheated on him. He even thinks their firstborn is his, but the daddy is actually the guy she was running around with. (Probably a good FFFC, but I didn't have the heart to tell her husband that he wasn't the father after she told me who actually sired the kid. He spoils the kid so why risk messing that up for them. Mr. Sperm donor is a useless layabout that barely ever works and just spends his days drunk, partying, or stoned.)
  • @JNR6510 oh my... :fearful: your story... how sad of a situation!

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Breath_Easy92Breath_Easy92 member
    edited July 2017
    @Rhubarb7216 ugh I'm so sorry! That's a lot for one pregnancy, I know at least for me the abruption makes me feel like like I'm holding my breath until it's safe to breath again which gets overwhelming... BUT, I see your about to be 32 weeks though! My doctor made a really big fuss about that milestone last time I saw her. I guess outcomes are much, much better if born early after that marker :) so that's something to celebrate! Plus, I don't know about your doctors office but I get a really nice room for my appointments with legit the most comfortable recliner ever and a tv because I'm there for monitoring so long, so here's to silver linings lol
  • @Breath_Easy92 yes I'm 32 weeks today! My dr didn't make a big deal out of this milestone, but it's good to know it's an important one to reach. We've been focusing on getting to 36, but every week counts! I don't think my dr's office has a fancy room like that, but I do feel like I get a little special attention given how often I'm there...
  • @ohheyitskristine Congrats!  Just read the announcement board.  I think we would love to read your birth story even if you just want to post it here on high risk.  Congratulations again!