Trouble TTC
Options

Having surgery on my tubes. Freaking out a lot.

After my HSG test we found out my right tube is filled with fluid and there is a blockage on the end of my right tube. I'm having laparoscopic surgery monday to have that tube disconnected at the uterus because according to my RE as long as that tube is connected I'm not going to get pregnant. So before I can start doing IUI I have to have this procedure done. I've never had surgery before so I'm already nervous about that. And then my friend who had her gallbladder removed last year has repeatedly made sure to tell me every little thing that could go wrong despite me telling her to stop (same friend who is KU and keeps saying stuff like "i just feel so guilty that im KU and your not cuz you actually want a baby") and my work is flipping out because I have to miss a few days of work even though I covered my shifts and their concerned that i wont be able to move kegs until after my post op appointment (i need a new job). And my fiances boss threatened to fire him for asking to swap days off with someone so he could be home with me the day of my surgery. So far everything going on and everything I've been told has me freaking out. 

Has anyone had this procedure done? 
What do I really need to expect? 
I'm gonna be alone the majority of the 10 days I have off to recover. Should I be okay or do I need to find people to stop in and check on me? 

Re: Having surgery on my tubes. Freaking out a lot.

• Options
    I have not had this surgery done so I don't have much to offer for advice, but I just wanted to send you some good vibes. I'm sorry that you are going through this and that you have all these other stressors on top of actually having surgery. Try to keep in mind that after this you will be one step closer to getting your baby. That is something I tell myself when I am having a hard time and it helps to keep me calm somtimes. Good luck on Monday! 
  • Options
    CrystaH11CrystaH11 member
    edited June 2017
    I had an HSG and Lap - the radiologist thought I had a condition that would require both my tubes to be removed - but when the Dr did the lap he noticed just scar tissue was causing the problem- he removed the scar tissue and I kept my tubes. I also had a tubal repair and removed a uterine septum. I recovered fairly quickly, back to regular movement 4-5 days later. Do take it easy after the surgery, you don't want to cause any additional problems. 

I was okay okay with the surgery until they started to prep me and I was a mess - I haven't had surgery either. They gave me some meds to calm me down and I was okay. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for all the stress.  I don't have any advice on the surgery either, but like @Kim41313 I wanted to send you some good vibes and a creepy over the internet hug.

I'm sorry both your's and SO's works are being such jerks about the whole thing. And sorry your friend is being so insensitive.  I would probably blow up if I were in your shoes.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Options
    Thanks for the good vibes :) 
    I asked if we could just remove the part of the tube with the blockage or do some reconstructive surgery so I would still be able to use either tube. but my RE said doing something like that would make me more likely to have an ectopic pregnancy. Im also more likely to require an IUI or IVF. Which right now my insurance covers 3 rounds of either but I lose my insurance in December (still on my parents insurance because my FI and I cant get married) so while I'm recovering I'm going to study up on the difference between IUI and IVF and look for a new insurance plan that will let me keep my RE. 
    The one positive side of all of this is my mom and adoptive dad who I've been estranged from for a while are now suddenly very concerned with me and my health and my current ttc troubles. 
  • Options
    @fluffybookworm - I've had surgery before a couple of times, and it's a cake walk, honestly. :) I'm sorry you're surrounded by so many people who don't have their priorities straight (your work, your SO's work... honestly! People first, then money. It's not complicated!). I'm also sorry that you have a friend who actually says stuff about her own pregnancy like: "cuz you actually want a baby". WTF?!

Good luck on Monday! I think you will be fine being alone for the recovery - you just want to take it easy and make sure you have a glass of water by the bed.
  • Options
    As of right now. My fiance and future mother in law are gonna be up at the hospital with me. I have the remotes and lots of stuff to keep my brain busy set up by the couch im gonna be on and i cleaned off my balcony and wiped down my chairs cuz i heard sitting outside helps you heal faster? I have a few friends who are going to be stopping by and my mom is coming by as well through out the week to check on me. My fiance is a truck driver and because of the holiday he has a mandatory 6 day work week and works 14-16 hours a day so when hes not working hes gonna be sleeping unfortunately him not getting enough sleep could kill somebody. I have multiple meals made because every couple months I sit down for 2 days and make over 100 meals for 2 to sit in the freezer so all he has to do is pick out dinner and put it in the oven. And I rearranged my kitchen a little because all my friends are coffee drinkers so if im not wanting to be a mobile perfect hostess when theure over they can easily get their own coffee. Some of my friends have kids so I kid proofed my living room and trimmed all my cats nails they're normally pretty good around kids but if theres an issue im not really wanting to lunge after my cat to get them away from a toddler. I think my plan is pretty solid. 
  • Options
    @fluffybookworm Wow, now that is prepared.  I am super impressed.  Hope everything went well.  

How are you feeling?
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Options
    @hoffmanr7 sore. Super sore. I keep forgetting to take the pain killers. But the good news is they realized during surgery that the tissue in my tubes is still healthy so they removed the fluid causing the blockage and I have 2 healthy tubes again instead of them disconnecting or removing the one like they planned.
  • Options
    Sorry you are feeling so sore, but YAY for 2 healthy tubes!!
    Unexplained Infertility