September 2017 Moms

7.3 Weekly Symptoms Thread

It's a new month!
How far along are you and how are you feeling?

Me: 33 DH: 33
Married: 10.15.16
BFP: 12.24.16
DS BD: 8.20.17
TTC #2 1.1.19
BFP #2 7.3.19
EDD #2 3.13.20

Re: 7.3 Weekly Symptoms Thread

• missyrosekmissyrosek member
    edited July 2017
    I was wide freaking awake at 4:30 a.m. and now I feel like I need to sleep for 100 years. W.T.F.?

28+1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 31+3 and I every time I do more walking than just around the house, I get contractions, and they are more frequent than what regular BH is supposed to be. So rest and lots of water is my routine right now. Also, when heartburn comes it is horrendous and takes days to go away.
  • Loading the player...
  • 30+3

It is definitely getting harder to do things since the belly is growing ;)
    Occasional BH if I do too much.

No swelling yet!

Butt cramps, sciatica or whatever it is hurts like hell at night and keeps me constantly turning from one side to another.  Hoping the chiro can help on Wednesday.

Constipated :( I was hoping I would not have to deal with this issue this pregnancy but the last week has been horrible and I believe it is due to my iron supplement.  I took a couple day break from it to see if I can get some relief.
  • 27+6

HEARTBURN!!!! It gets worse every week and acid reflux is horrible at night I wake up almost throwing up ahhh. But that's the worse of it so far I have nothing else to complain about feeling very lucky. But this week I hit third trimester so I'm waiting for more to come.

• 31+3  Weakness in both of my legs and tingling in my feet...I've had the tingling in my feet with my last pregnancy b/c of GD, but I've never had the weakness in the legs before. I'm guessing that's normal? I feel like they will give out on me any minute. Anyone else experience this leg weakness?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 31 weeks today whee

Lots of discomfort yesterday pm -- I'm guessing it was a combo of BH and constipation, which has hit me more recently (water, bran, kiwis, Metamucil, pears, oats, dates, apricots, almond butter, walnuts, fiber bars, raspberries, avocados... Here I come!).  Also, heartburn, and although part of me loves feeling LO move, some of those kicks and jabs have been pretty painful in recent days!  Alas... Lastly, it can be harder to breathe when the baby is pushing on certain areas -- the poor things are running out of room in our tummies!

It's hot and I'm just slower walking around in general.  I forgot what it was like to battle the heat in a "normal" sized body!
  • I should have added: it is SO darn hard to get comfortable, in any position! Anyone comfortable, somehow? Using my body pillow is good for bed, but... 

i don't enjoy sitting on the couch anymore :( 
  • 28+3
    Leg cramps, super tired, and the baby likes to hang out in my ribs. Super uncomfortable at night. I have been following my GD diet, but I am starting to actually dream about cupcakes and fried food. 
  • 30+1 So. many. contractions.
    Sporadic, and usually only when I'm real active but I have to take constant breaks which is slowing things down (packing & moving). I'm also wide awake every morning at like 4:30 and all day I want to sleep. 

Canadian Bumpie - Texas bound
    DS #1 [S-5]
    3 Step Daughters [A-8] [E-6] [I-4]
    Baby #2 09/10/2017 
    It's a BOY! 
    Babywearer&EBF
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• efrey1986 said:
    31+3  Weakness in both of my legs and tingling in my feet...I've had the tingling in my feet with my last pregnancy b/c of GD, but I've never had the weakness in the legs before. I'm guessing that's normal? I feel like they will give out on me any minute. Anyone else experience this leg weakness?  
    I feel this every once in a while, especially if I think about it. I'm not that worried though bc I'm still working out normally feeling good when I do. I meant to ask my OB today but I forgot.
  • Add me to the list of people who can't get comfortable. I'm trying, but nothing really seems to work. The body pillow sort of helps at night and the coccyx cushion sort of helps at work. Both make me less uncomfortable, but not actually comfortable. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • 30 weeks today

For some reason, my legs and feet randomly decided to balloon up way more than usual today. My ankles are literally the size of my calves. Having to put on socks and shoes this morning was awful.

I am also starting to feel like it is impossible to get comfortable. No matter how I sit or lay or stand my tailbone, back, or legs decide to act up. 
  • Comfort is so elusive, I couldn't agree more! I'm sad that I can't watch a movie to relax and be comfortable doing it! I really wonder what I'll be doing in the days leading up to labor... :-0 
  • Breath_Easy92Breath_Easy92 member
    edited July 2017
    31 weeks

LOWER BACK PAIN! it hurts so bad I'm pretty sure my husband thinks I'm exaggerating but it radiatates down my legs and hips even.
    Also, mild swelling no big deal just can wear my wedding ring and baby seems a little squished. He moves around pleanty but I dont get the kicks I use to, more like he's pushing or rolling over.
  • kgemkid said:
    efrey1986 said:
    31+3  Weakness in both of my legs and tingling in my feet...I've had the tingling in my feet with my last pregnancy b/c of GD, but I've never had the weakness in the legs before. I'm guessing that's normal? I feel like they will give out on me any minute. Anyone else experience this leg weakness?  
    I feel this every once in a while, especially if I think about it. I'm not that worried though bc I'm still working out normally feeling good when I do. I meant to ask my OB today but I forgot.
    I get this with my BH's sometimes due to the position of the baby pressing on nerves. Are you feeling this sensation all of the time? 
  • 27+3

Starting to experience issues with being reclined at all, putting pressure on my arteries. I had this problem in my last pregnancy as well, but luckily this time it is happening a lot later, so that is an improvement. I think I'm getting varicose veins, too and not only in my legs. Heartburn just started and I'm desperately needing a nap by mid day, but rarely can I take one. Tail bone pain.
  • What is with this pitting edema nonsense? It looks so gross!

Between that and leg cramps, I just want to stay with my feet up all day.
  • @margareth I've gotten to the point where it's so much more comfortable to prop myself in bed with my pregnancy pillow and other pillows than sitting on the couch.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • lilpoots said:
    kgemkid said:
    efrey1986 said:
    I get this with my BH's sometimes due to the position of the baby pressing on nerves. Are you feeling this sensation all of the time? 
    No, it comes and goes but it's certainly not daily. I'm going to keep an eye on the correlation with BH... you may be onto something! 
  • @lilpoots @kgemkid Glad to know I'm not alone which I figured it's normal. It comes and goes also, not constant. I assume it has something to do with BH or dehydration too bc I can go a whole day and completely forget to drink! I know terrible!

• Does anyone have any suggestions for things that have helped with restless legs syndrome? I've had issues with RLS for many years, but it's gotten worse since I've been pregnant. The things that used to help me pre-pregnancy (regular exercise, calf stretches and massages, and limiting caffeine and sugar in my diet) no longer seem to help. I know low iron can contribute also, but I've been tested and I'm not low.
  • @Rhubarb7216 I've been having RLS too. Since about 22 weeks. Compression socks sometimes help also Ive noticed it is worse at certain times of day so I try to plan when I go to bed around it.
  • @Rhubarb7216 I've been having RLS too. Since about 22 weeks. Compression socks sometimes help also Ive noticed it is worse at certain times of day so I try to plan when I go to bed around it.
    Hmm I don't think compression socks would work for me. When I'm having issues with RLS I can't tolerate wearing regular socks, so I think compression socks would drive me crazy.
  • @Rhubarb7216 hmmm... yeah I could see the compression socks going either way. I think it's the different sensation that helps because our fan blowing on my legs helps too. 
  • 29+2

I carry really high, so it is always hard to breathe. I am constantly tired, except for at night when I just toss and turn for hours on end. It is really hard to sit up straight for any real period of time.
  • 31 +2
    Foot pain but I think might be pregnancy induced plantar fasciitis. Anyone dealing with else?
    And, a fair amount of BH too, so lots of rest. 
  • ColoradoHikerColoradoHiker member
    edited July 2017
    30+5  Insomnia kicked in this past week, partly due to back and pelvis pain.  I'm sure most of the pain was due to walking around downtown in sandals (not sneakers, it was an unplanned excursion!).  This past week is when I finally started feeling pretty unwieldy.  And tired.  Really really tired.  Only around 9 more weeks to go!
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • adooadoo member
    30+6

tons of Braxton hicks today, so now while DS naps I'm chugging all the water and resting myself! 

All the hip/thigh/groin/lower back pain CONSTANTLY! 

Tired. Tried. Tried.  

Insomnia at 3am
  • 31 weeks today. Overall I have been feeling pretty good.

At the end of the day I am tired since I am chasing around a 16 month old each day. Also I have some trouble sleeping, 2 days ago I didn't sleep at all and the other day I slept better so it depends on the day.  Randomly I have noticed some cramping and tightening of my stomach but I just shift and it's gone. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 31 weeks
    - she's in my ribs!
    - I'm having painful BH today. It's all in my back too. Diarrhea, nausea.. probably got so dehydrated from GI issues it set this off. Baby is moving in between the pain which lasts for like 10 freaking minutes before it relaxes. Changing positions I'm not sure helps. I've had two the past hour. Sitting on the couch and drinking water now that I can keep it down.

I found a great website that helps distinguish clearly between BH and real contractions. I think this will be very helpful to us very soon!

https://m.wikihow.com/Identify-Braxton-Hicks-Contractions

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Feeling kind-of a sharp pain below my ribs (diaphragm area?) on my left side for the past 1.5d.  Worse when I eat or lie on my side.  Not sure if it's the baby, gas, or something else, but it sucks!
  • Really bad back pain, sometimes even waking up with it. My leg muscles feel so tight, I sometimes have to get out of bed to stretch. Anyone have any luck getting there legs to loosen up at all. My shoulders are tight too but I think that's from sleeping in a weird position half up to ward off heartburn. 

I am also afraid to receive my electric bill - I have a tendency of turning the air down in the night and not realizing how low I set it to. 
  • 27+6
    All that 2nd tri energy has left the building. All I want now are naps. Naps in frigid temperatures!
    Heartburn has also stopped responding to daily Pepcid first thing in the morning, so the nurse had me switch to Zantac. If that doesn't knock it out, they're going to put me on a prescription. Blech. 
    No real swelling yet, but I've been getting calf cramps at night on a relatively regular basis, and the knee I had ACL surgery on several years ago is constantly feeling tight and achey. 
  • 28+6. All kinds of tightness and discomfort in my inner thigh/groin area. If I had been exercising more than going for walks and chasing after my 2.5 year old I would have thought that I pulled something. No idea where this awkward pain came from or even if it is pregnancy related but it is bothersome! +1 to exhaustion. I have never been a napper, but I fell asleep with DS twice this weekend during his nap time. 
  • 29 weeks
    My belly button hurts so much :bawling:
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• @Sugargirl1019 sorry to hear about BH -- I've been having them too. So uncomfortable and when they're bad I have to drop what I'm doing and lie down. I said this before, but I really have a hard time telling when the BH contractions start and stop -- I'm just uncomfortable for a period of time and eventually it gets better. And it's always more of an effort to breathe during that period. Thanks for the link! 
  • 29w4d I've been having this burning feeling on the left side of my left breast since last night. I have an appointment on Monday, so I'll ask about it then, but has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't feel like milk coming in, it just feels like the skin is burning.
  • @heatherlynn321 Mine does this from time to time. I think its just the skin stretching. I don't worry about it too much. Although what I feel might be totally different than what you are feeling.