Trouble TTC

TTTC Checkin: 07/05/2017

Hi everybody, 

Congratulations for any BFP's, hugs to anybody who needs one.  

I apologize for missing the checkin last week. We had some sad family news and I was so out of it that I forgot about the post. 

How is everybody doing?

2017 BFP Hall Fame

BecauseLove dx: amenorrhea, PCOS  Rx: IVF
MandyBeeSLP: dx: low progesterone, borderline PCOS, vitamin D insufficiency Rx:  IUI with letrozole
MountainLady: dx: Unexplained, Rx: Letrozole
kd0202: dx: Unexplained, LPD Rx: Clomid 50mg
pawcall: dx: MFI(morph) + testing Rx: unmedicated IUI
PoeMasque dx: unexplained Rx: IVF
MJDsquared : dx: PCOS Rx:Letrozole
greenange dx: anovulatory PCOS w/insulin resistance Rx: Metformin, Letrozole, trigger + TI
mrswifeytoad:  dx: PCOS  Rx: metformin + Clomid
SunflowerMama428: dx: pcos, blocked fallopian tube Rx: clomid

PAGING:

@Bababatty: dx:Low Motility  Rx: Letrozole + trigger + IUI
@ChristinaV2015: dx: blocked tubes, PCOS, endo + MFI  Rx: lap, OPKs + TI
@emgem819 dx: PCOS, Rx: provera, femara + Bravelle
@hoffmanr7: dx: unexplained Rx:  Clomid 100mg+ Estradiol + Trigger + IUI + Progesterone
@jmr1515: dx: Mild MFI/morph, fibroid  Rx: Surgery + TI
@mackenzie07 dx: PCOS and Endo  Rx: metformin, letrozole, ovidrel
@mandasand: dx: low AMH  Rx:IVF (Lupron, Menopur + Follistim)
@Mlight28: dx Unexplained Rx: Clomid
@MrsM00re87: dx: DOR PCOS, low morph Rx: Femara + TI
@Mythril: dx: PCOS (anovulatory) Rx:levothyroxine, metformin and femara + TI
@rachlee2010: dx: DOR Rx: IUI
@Samanthaarielxo dx: anovulation Rx: still in testing
@sarah0985: dx: PCOS, possible blocked tubes Rx: Lap
@seethosestars:  Dx: DOR + MFI and Rx: letrozole + IUI
@SM746830: dx: PCOS, blocked tubes Rx: Surgery, Clomid
@smokinangel: possible PCOS, MTHFR gene, slight MFI Rx: trying to regulate hormones naturally
@starlitfae dx: MFI & balanced translocation, thyroid  Rx: ivf with pgd testing
@Labluver2 dx: testing
@laurad75 dx: possible DOR  Rx: IVF
@funkykey dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid + IUI
@Worldtravler0522 dx: PCOS/Unexplained Rx: IVF
@notamyrtle: dx: unexplained Rx: IUI + injects
@kyersten: dx: Scar tissue Rx: IVF
@Kim41313: dx: MFI Rx: waiting for testing
@MountainLady: dx: Unexplained Rx: Letrozole + IUI / possible IVF
@Kate437: dx:anovulatory   Rx:Letrozole + trigger
@MooFish2364 dx:fibroid + endo Rx: surgery
@vintageandrea90: dx:PCOS  Rx:Femara + trigger + TI
@Tops: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: Metformin, testing
@SP128: in testing/unexplained
@msstephanielynn: dx:septate uterus  Rx: surgery
@eranvo27: dx: anovulatory PCOS Rx: metformin, progesterone
@brittlefebvre: in testing
@Charligirl28: dx: unexplained Rx: Clomid
@kristimh80: dx: unexplained Rx: Injectables + trigger + IUI
@SoonToBeMommaHowe: dx: Unexplained  Rx: naturally until IVF
@Brooke4131: dx: Secondary unexplained Rx: in testing 
@fluffybookworm: dx: Anovulation + insulin resistance Rx: Metformin + prometrium + testing

NEWCOMERS:To be added to the Weekly Checkin, please answer the following:
1.  How long have you been TTC?
2.  What is your diagnosis?
3.  What is your current Rx plan?

QOTW: Name the best fast food restaurant item.

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

Re: TTTC Checkin: 07/05/2017

• IUI #3 on the 25th, so I am currently in the TWW.  I am supposed to test on the 9th and I am trying really hard to not test early.....but with every day I feel my resolve waning. 

It was so nice being up at the families lake cottage for our 4 day holiday weekend, it really helped keep my mind off of it.  I did get a little antsy as everyone was having really tasty looking adult beverages, especially on those really hot days.  I also had a spot of feeling down when we went to the ski show one night......so many babies.  But overall it was very relaxing and much needed.

QOTW: Hmmm, best fast food restaurant item.  I love McDonalds fries.  And Big Macs.  So yeah, I'm going to have to go with McDonalds Big Mac and their fries (if they have enough salt on them, otherwise they are blah).
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• I was away in Norway for two weeks with my family. It was marvelous! While we were there, I got the BFN and accompanying AF for IUI #6, so thus ends our IUI extravaganza. We hope to start an IVF cycle at the end of this current cycle, so about 2.5 weeks. I was tempted to just blow off this current cycle, which is on our own (my RE's office does not do BCP prior to IVF cycles), but I just looked at FF and saw I'm entering the FW, so I suppose we'll put some effort into it and I'll start doing OPKs tonight. 

@GoldenKeys I'm so sorry you received some sad family news! Lots and lots of hugs to you!!

QOTW: McDonalds fries, definitely! I'd probably follow that up with a Wendy's frosty or a Taco Bell bean burrito.
  • Loading the player...
  • limeburstlimeburst member
    edited July 2017
    @GoldenKeys so sorry you got sad family news  :(

@hoffmanr7 FX for this IUI! I'm glad you had a nice weekend!

@Bababatty glad you were able to take a nice trip! Sorry for the BFN :( 

AFM, I am 14dp IUI#1. I got a BFN last night, but still had to go in for the beta this morning. So I am waiting for the RE's office to call and tell me that I'm not KU. I expect AF tomorrow or Friday then we get to do this all over again. I have to say, I didn't think this would work. Of course, I hoped that it would, but my expectations were very low. Its just my way of protecting myself I guess. I think it helps me manage my emotions when it doesn't work out the way I want. MH's expectations, however were sky high. So he was pretty disappointed with the BFN, which really breaks my heart. I try to tell him to have low expectations so he's not disappointed, but everyone handles it differently I suppose. I have been mentally preparing myself for IVF so that if it comes to that I have already processed through some of those emotions. I think after the BFN yesterday MH started to realize that IVF could be a real possibility, so I think we will be talking about that in the next few days. 

I also "came out" to my mom this weekend about our struggles. She was upset for us, but very supportive. I felt better after talking to her. I feel like I've been carrying around this big dark secret, so it will be nice to be able to share more with her as we continue on this IF journey. 

@GoldenKeys can you please update my DX to unexplained and my RX to Letrozole+Ovidrel Trigger+IUI?

ETA: QOTW: Taco Bell is definitely my favorite fast food place and I usually get the crunch wrap supreme, so I will go with that! 
  • eranvo27eranvo27 member
    edited July 2017
    @GoldenKeys sorry to hear about your sad news! Sending you hugs!

@hoffmanr7 FX for you!!!

@Kim41313 sorry for the BFN. I am glad that you were able to open up to your family about everything.

**TW**

I got a faint positve on Thursday 6/22, blood work 6/23. Monday the doctor called to say it was either too early or I had a chemical pregnancy. I took another test on Tuesdsy 6/27 and got a BFP that was confirmed with blood work. I have an appt today with the OBGYN. 

I am floored because my last period was back in 8/2016. I am so nervous because obviously my internals haven't been working right, it is also still early and it is so surreal.

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• @GoldenKeys I forgot to mention in my post.....sorry about the sad family news. sending you a creepy over the internet hug
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• @GoldenKeys - sorry about your news. :( I hope you are feeling ok.

@hoffmanr7 - ooh, a lake cottage sounds nice right about now. ;)

@Bababatty - oof - sorry for the IUI BFN. And FX for this cycle. Obviously I hope you don't actually end up needing to do IVF (and that you get pregnant this cycle), but odds are IVF it is. It is a game changer, so I'm excited for you!

@Kim41313 - sorry for the BFN. Ugh.

@eranvo27 - big congratulations! FX for you!!!

AFM: I have started IVF injections (this morning)! Finally! I should (hopefully, if all goes well) have another 10-12 days of injections to go. I'm feeling scared but also optimistic. DH is more, um, on the scared side - I think because he's convinced that "this is it".  

I think when you have to try so so hard for a baby, there are so many chances to think: "is this really what I want? is this really it?" Obviously, we want to have kids - and I'm terrified that it won't work out for us - but I'm also a little nervous about the kind of mother I'll be. I know I'm responsible and that I'll love my kids, but I also know that being a good mom is HARD. And DH is nervous too, not about me as a mother, but about himself as a father.

I'm really hopeful that this works, but also DH and I had a lot of nervous energy floating around last night, like: "Holy, what if we actually become someone's parents? Are we mature enough for that?!" LOL. Too much time to think!

QOTW: Dairy Queen chocolate dip cone, hands down. But I also enjoy a McDonald's egg mcmuffin, a LOT.
  • @GoldenKeys I'm sorry about your sad family news. 

I had surgery monday on my tubes. The original plan was look around and either disconnect or remove the right fallopian tube depending on what they saw. Before surgery there were definitely a lot of ups and downs. My mom wouldnt come to the hospital because my future MIL was going to be there. The nurse doing my iv was very slow getting it hooked up and the result was blood all over me the bed the floor. I reacted bad to anesthesia when I was 18 (screaming swearing threatening everyone very defensive and fight or flight mode) so the anesthesia nurse sat down with me and explained why I reacted that way (most girls dont react like that but I used to smoke a lot and thc raises testosterone levels which causes angry reactions) and gave me extra sedatives before and after surgery to keep me calm. One nurse had to be removed from the room because she decided to inform me that this surgery was not minor and I had multiple risk factors for complications and the more she talked the higher my blood pressure got. 
    My RE did the surgery and she realized my tubes were actually still healthy and the blockage wasnt as bad as she thought so they drained the blockage (not sure what it was the pictures I have show yellow and orange and white stuff) and now I have two healthy tubes and she said in 2 weeks I'll be ready to get KU. However I'm bleeding a lot. And I dont know if its my period starting or if its just from them messing with my reproductive organs. So I might have to wait till my next cycle to start IUI and I just got the okay to stop my birth control that they put me on prior to surgery.

So far recovering has sucked. Everytime I cough I feel like I got punched. I'm sore but honestly as long as I don't bend putting my nose ring back in after it was out for a day hurt more then my side does. I have to use a step stool to get in and out of bed (our bed is pretty high off the ground im 5'6 and the top of the mattress hits my belly button) I keep forgetting to move around every once and a while and take my pain killers and to eat so I can take my pain killers. And with living on a lake my cats are going crazy from the fire works that go off nightly from 9-2 at various points of the lake monday night my 20 pound main coon mix fell off the back of the couch on to my stomach because he jumped while running from the booms. Last night my mom was going to sit with me but bailed last minute because she thought it was unfair to leave all the dogs (6 adult great danes 1 mutt and 5 10 week old puppies) at home with just my stepdad there for comfort during the fireworks. And Im kicking myself because i didnt tell anyone in my family about having surgery for the most part until the day before and my bio dad who lives across the country told me if I had told him sooner he would have flown out to make sure I wasnt alone while recovering. Oh well now I know for next time. 

Sorry for the long update. 

QOTW
    Mcdonalds sausage egg and cheese mcgriddle with extra cheese 
  • I'm currently in the tww. It's been very difficult. It's my last try this year because we can't afford another ultrasound. Could be just my hopes riding on this one but it feels different. Had a BFN today, 14 dpo. There's a shadow on the test, there was one there on Monday too. I don't feel like I'm out because I feel so different, but it seems unlikely. See, I keep going in circles! Lol

I'm sorry about the family troubles, @goldenkeys

Ice cream or coffee, since it's the only thing I can't make better at home.
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy

• tops-2tops-2 member
    Hi all,
    I hope everyone's had a good couple of weeks. And I'm sorry to hear of your bad news @GoldenKeys.
    @eranvo27 congrats on you BFP! :)

AFM, we finished up last cycle with a BFN, but I did ovulate a mature egg and had good progesterone levels and a 14 day luteal phase. So it looks like we got unlucky with the timing. I am on CD6 now and am taking Letrozole again so I have fingers crossed for this month.
    Honestly I hate how Letrozole makes me feel so I hope we have some luck soon. I am constantly drowsy and depressed while taking it and I struggle to get my work done.

I'm a big fan of McNuggets, and Oporto has very good chips :)

Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Hi everyone,

newbie here and apologize upfront if I miss some of the questions/answers! 

First off hugs to everyone who is fighting this battle.. we're just at the beginning but my heart goes out to you all who have been traveling a lot longer than us. We're just at the one year mark and I know many of you have been on incredibly long journeys.

I'm currently on metformin to regulate my cycles.. no official diagnosis but definitely a lot of irregularities with ovulation.  We are also dealing with MFI (low sperm count, possible varicocele) and are waiting for an appointment with a urologist. So essentially we are in the waiting game.

Looking forward to getting to know you all a bit better- it sucks we are all here but it's nice to chat with people who understand.

QOTW: Wendy's Spicy Chicken.. definitely!
  • @GoldenKeys so sorry for your sad family news. I hope you're doing ok. 

@hoffmanr7 I have everything crossed for you!

@Bababatty I would love to visit Norway!!

@Kim41313 sorry for the bfn but I'm glad you were able to share your struggles. 

@eranvo27 congrats!!! FX for rising betas!

@funkykey I'm so excited for you! I really hope this IVF round works for you! Keep us updated!

@fluffybookworm I'm glad you have healthy tubes. That's great news! 

@Mythril hopefully it's just too early for you! 

@tops-2 sorry for the bfn and your bad letrozole symptoms. I hope you feel better. 

@Asampson87 welcome! I love Wendy's spicy chicken too! 

I'm somewhere near 7 DPO I believe but I'm not really tracking anything this cycle. I wasn't sure if we should wait or not after my surgery. My RE said to wait 10 days to have relations and we did. But didn't say anything about if we could start TTC again. I go back in about 2 weeks to talk about next steps. I believe he is going to suggest fertility meds. We will see. 

Im not sure what my favorite fast food item is. Probably McDonalds breakfast. It is my weakness. I don't know if Starbucks counts as fast food but I love it! I only let myself go once a week as a treat. I love their iced tea in the summer. I try to make it at home but it's just not the same. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @eranvo27 congrats!!!

@funkykey yay for starting stims!! FWIW, I think you will be a great mom!! I know its normal to have those kinds of feelings, and its almost like we get waayy too much time to think about it haha. 

@fluffybookworm I'm glad your surgery went well! Great news that your tubes are healthy!!

@Mythril sorry for the BFN :( Have you retested?

@tops-2 FX for this cycle!!

@Asampson87 Welcome!!

AFM, I am frikkin 17dpo  :s I honestly just want AF to get here so I can move the ef on. My LP is usually 14 days, so I expected AF a few days ago. My beta on 14 DPO was negative, so I know I'm not KU. Has anyone experienced a longer than normal LP after a medicated cycle? I'm not taking progesterone so that wouldn't be affecting anything. 
  • @Kim41313 - thank you! 
    I had a couple of extra long (and extra short!) cycles on clomid. Hoping AF comes for you soon! 
  • @funkykey thanks! I feel like the wait between the negative beta and AF is torture! When I don't want my period to be late it is. My body is trolling me. 
  • @Kim41313 Yes. I will never use a FRER again. It gave me several false positives. I had my hopes way up and my period started today.
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy