November 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday 6/28

2»

Re: WTF Wednesday 6/28

• My WTF is my husband's lack of concern for anything. While we didn't have issues getting pregnant, I've had surgery on my uterus and issues in the past that they said could cause fertility issues. So I'm doing anything and everything to not be the cause of anything going wrong - ie no lunchmeat, no cat litter, etc. I asked him for gloves today so I could garden n he asked why. I said cuz there's stuff in the soil that can be harmful. He just rolled his eyes, huffed and said I was overreacting. I'm almost halfway through this pregnancy and still panic that something will go wrong. Can't he just ease my mind and let me do what I feel is safe? 
    That is really annoying, but the opposite can be just as annoying! DH is super strict about what I can and can't eat. I want lox so bad, but it's apparently a no no for the same reason as deli meat - listeria. I think the risk is so incredibly low, and more likely to get something from raw salad. But he gets all "it's not worth any risk." 
  • Loading the player...
  • My WTF is my husband's lack of concern for anything. While we didn't have issues getting pregnant, I've had surgery on my uterus and issues in the past that they said could cause fertility issues. So I'm doing anything and everything to not be the cause of anything going wrong - ie no lunchmeat, no cat litter, etc. I asked him for gloves today so I could garden n he asked why. I said cuz there's stuff in the soil that can be harmful. He just rolled his eyes, huffed and said I was overreacting. I'm almost halfway through this pregnancy and still panic that something will go wrong. Can't he just ease my mind and let me do what I feel is safe? 
    That is really annoying, but the opposite can be just as annoying! DH is super strict about what I can and can't eat. I want lox so bad, but it's apparently a no no for the same reason as deli meat - listeria. I think the risk is so incredibly low, and more likely to get something from raw salad. But he gets all "it's not worth any risk." 
    This. My DH is so worried he doesn't want me to do anything.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haha, it's sort of cute though. I probably shouldn't have said "just as annoying". I think the annoying part is having different ideas of acceptable risk. It probably annoys DH when I want to eat things he doesn't think I should.
  • @liz4382 @bklynchica gah don't say that! I can't stomach much foods - like tomato products, pork/meats (minus chicken and sometimes beef) so I eat a lot of salads when we go out. Lunch meat I haven't even attempted - cold or hot..I've wanted hot subs but usually end up buying chicken ones lol salads are my go to but like I said really only when I go out, not so much bagged salads in stores or things like that. Do we kno why salads aren't safe? Do people not wash their stuff? Idc if it says it was prewashed I rewash when we buy from the store lol 
  • @liz4382 @bklynchica gah don't say that! I can't stomach much foods - like tomato products, pork/meats (minus chicken and sometimes beef) so I eat a lot of salads when we go out. Lunch meat I haven't even attempted - cold or hot..I've wanted hot subs but usually end up buying chicken ones lol salads are my go to but like I said really only when I go out, not so much bagged salads in stores or things like that. Do we kno why salads aren't safe? Do people not wash their stuff? Idc if it says it was prewashed I rewash when we buy from the store lol 
    Bearer of bad news here - washing lettuce probably won't get rid of listeria. It's fine for smooth surfaces things - especially if you soak in cold water/vinegar combo. But seriously washing every single piece of lettuce is probably not how you're going to spend your time.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @kaitlinliz I eat salad for lunch a lot also!  I don't even re-wash pre-washed stuff. I did when I first got pregnant but then got tired of soggy salads. I feel like the benefits outweigh the risk for me because leafy greens are so healthy. I avoid lunch meat but that's not so healthy anyway. I will say I have heard about it mostly in the prepackaged bagged salads--I haven't heard of any cases from restaurant salads. And the risk is still very, very small. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • A random dog tried to jump in my car at DDs daycare. I now smell like wet dog from pulling it out and I don't have time to change. Normally I would have taken the dog to the vets office that was on their tags but I have to be a work really early and was already late this morning. I told the daycare and sent them the vets office name and tag number for the dog. I'm really hoping they call or take the poor thing I'm sure it was scared from fireworks last night and is a runaway. And now I feel bad for having to leave it this morning 
  • @liz4382 @kaitlinliz I eat salad fairly often too, it's one of the only ways I get my greens. I do get the prepackaged lettuce, knock on wood no issues yet. I also eat deli meat in moderation. Both okay'd by my ob.

Pregnancy Ticker