Baby Names

R name help!

I’ve always intended for each of my children’s names to have a different first letter. However, I’m totally in love with Raina (so is DH) and we already have a Roman.

We only plan on 1 more child so it’s OK but since we do IVF (in vitro fertilization) twins are a much higher probability than the average. If I had 2 more boys I would not stick to the R theme; they’d probably each have different letters. However if it’s g/g or g/b I may need another girl and boy R name.

I love Ross if a boy. Raina & Ross? Any other ideas? Not sure DH (dear husband) would go for Ross.

I have no clue about girls. I like Ruby but DH (dear husband) has vetoed before plus it’s popular.

Of course if it’s a singleton then none of this is an issue!

Red (30) & DH (30) m. 08'

IVF #2  Roman Carter  8/3/16 (40+6)

5 frozen embryos 

Re: R name help!

• I love Ross!

Also Russell, Rafael, Rhys, Reid, Reuben, Rocco (my all time fav name) Roland

• For girls 

Rosaria, Rosalind, Rosalie, Raquel, REgina, Rowena

• Loading the player...
  • Seconding everything @bbiutmcph said also throwing in 

Reginald 
    Reynard
    Remy
    Rowen

Roxana
    Renata
    Rochelle

• I think that if you happen to have boy/girl or girl/girl twins, you can use Raina for a girl and give the other twin whatever first initial you want.  I don't think you have to go with R for the 3rd name just because 2 kids have "R" names.  In fact, I think it's a little "cute" if you have 3 kids all starting with the same letter.

Both of my kids' names start with T.  If we had gone on to have a 3rd child (or pregnancy 2 had been twins) we specifically would have avoided T names for #3.

I think a sibset like Roman, Raina, and Nathan... OR... Roman, Miranda, and Raina sounds great.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • I think that if you happen to have boy/girl or girl/girl twins, you can use Raina for a girl and give the other twin whatever first initial you want.  I don't think you have to go with R for the 3rd name just because 2 kids have "R" names.  In fact, I think it's a little "cute" if you have 3 kids all starting with the same letter.

This!
  • Reginald/Reggie
    Roland
    Ralph 
    Raymond
    Rupert

Rita
    Rosalind
    Ramona
    Ruth/Ruthie
    Regina
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Raina and Laine? That could work for either sex. 
  • I have a Raina (same spelling and all!), so I am definitely a fan. Rocco was a contestant for DS, but we went with Nico instead.