2nd Trimester

Has nipple soreness gone away?

I'm 13 weeks, 1 day along. I went for my first ultrasound a week ago and was incredibly relieved that all looks good because I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks last year (embryo had stopped developing at 6 weeks). I can't stop worrying though!

Up until 10ish weeks my breasts were very sore. Then that started going away, but my nipples were still sore constantly. Until this morning. When I woke up they felt normal. Has this happened to anybody else? I'm not scheduled for another ultrasound until the 20 week point.

Re: Has nipple soreness gone away?

• orangista said:
    I'm 13 weeks, 1 day along. I went for my first ultrasound a week ago and was incredibly relieved that all looks good because I had a miscarriage at 8 weeks last year (embryo had stopped developing at 6 weeks). I can't stop worrying though!

Up until 10ish weeks my breasts were very sore. Then that started going away, but my nipples were still sore constantly. Until this morning. When I woke up they felt normal. Has this happened to anybody else? I'm not scheduled for another ultrasound until the 20 week point.
    Symptoms come and go. You should be fine as you were fine a week ago with a healthy babe.  You may not experience any symptoms again until you start to feel baby move. Enjoy it! 

If you start bleeding, having severe issues,  then there is cause for concern...a symptom diminishing us not a cause of concern.  
  • rebel_yellrebel_yell member
    edited July 2017
    It's normal for symptoms to go away, especially in the 2nd trimester. My symptoms started to lessen around 10 weeks, I was so concerned that I called my OB and she said it's completely normal around that time frame or later because your hormones are evening out. Here I am 14w3d with a healthy bean :) no worries momma!
  • Loading the player...
  • This is baby number 3 for me, I'm 20 weeks. And I only just like a week or two ago got the boob soreness :l thought maybe I'd avoid it this time  but nope it just started for me. Haha. I'm also getting the inside squeeze-your-boob-in-agony pain too. Fun. 
  • Oh it also might be because I swear my one year old knows exactly where my nipples are under my shirt and they must be his favorite handles. Lol
  • I'm 19 weeks and my nipples will get randomly sore still. Sometimes they feel like they're burning! It usually helps to take my bra off or put something warm up against my chest. But I have a feeling it'll just come and go as time passes.