August 2017 Moms

STM+ check in 6/30

How many other children do you have? 

How far along are you?

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies?

Cravings:

Any appointments this week? 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: what is your best childhood memory? 

Re: STM+ check in 6/30

• How many other children do you have? 

Two. DS is 5 and DD is 21 months 

How far along are you?

35w1d 

I am having a lot of pressure down below. This didn't happen at all with my last pregnancy (induced early) and only happened at the very end with my first at like 39 weeks. 

Cravings:

Slushes, watermelon mint lemonade,  Rasta pops )local popsicle shop) so reallyvanything cold and fruity. 

Next week is my 36 week check 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I have been really tolerating the summer heat well. I was so worried but it's actually been very nice and enjoyable! 

I have started going to the chiropractor and I didn't realize how jacked up I was until they started adjusting me. I waddle less and I'm in much less pain when moving from a sitting to standing position. I hope this helps my labor as well!! 

I loved going to family get togethers at my grandparents house. They had a big pond where we could fish and I had over a dozen cousins to play with! 

• EmyB30EmyB30 member

How many other children do you have? I have one other son who is almost 4 years old

How far along are you? I will be 34 weeks tomorrow 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Super tired, worn out easily, tons of pressure down low and I feel like I have an alien in my stomach. His foot is currently stuck under my ribs on the right side. I don't feel him kick but he must push because it's sore in that area. 

This pregnancy is a lot more uncomfortable than my first. I don't know if it's because I'm older, or just different pregnancies. My husband said I was uncomfortable like this with my first, I must have forgotten. 

Cravings: Peanut Butter, iced tea, sweets, iced cold water

Any appointments this week? None this week. I will have a bi-weekly appointment next Thursday

Rant/Rave/Questions? Rave: I just started swelling to the point I can't wear my rings or "normal" shoes. I'll take it. With my first I was due the end of Sept and started swelling awful in May. I had to wear Nike velcro flip flops well until after I had him. So I'll take this for a win. 

GTKY: what is your best childhood memory? When my mom would wake us up and say we are going somewhere fun today complete surprise spur of the moment thing. We would either go to Six Flags or Spalding Beach (a beach near a huge lake where we live). I can't wait to do this with my boys.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • How many other children do you have? 1, DS is 2

How far along are you? 34 weeks 

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? Mostly insomnia now and just really emotional. 

Cravings: pizza 

Any appointments this week? Next Wed I have a growth ultrasound and regular appointment 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Anyone have any good tips on helping older siblings feel included in taking care of baby in a realistic way?

GTKY: what is your best childhood memory? I didn't appreciate it at the time, but my grandparents farmed and we stayed with my granny after school and in the summer. We always helped her in the garden, picking up potatoes, picking green beans, butter beans, peas, tomatoes, etc. We'd spend the afternoon shelling beans, shucking corn, and prepping veggies to be canned or frozen. She'd take us blackberry picking and we'd make cobblers and jelly. She had apple trees and we'd make homemade applesauce. If they didn't grow it, they knew someone who did and would trade fruits/veggies. I'd give just about anything to sit on the porch with her or in the kitchen just one more time. She's been gone 7.5 years now and I still pick up my phone to call her sometimes. 

• How many other children do you have? 1, a 3 yr old DD

How far along are you? 35+1

What symptoms are you having? How does it compare to your previous pregnancies? So dang tired! I take iron and they checked my iron today and all is fine. This kid is taking it out of me! Pelvic/Crotch pain if I overdue it. Dry skin. Sporadic constipation. Nightly heartburn.

Cravings: Last night I wanted fried rice with shrimp so I had DH stop for it last night. Otherwise, cold stuff.

Any appointments this week? Had one today (see appointments thread)

Rant/Rave/Questions? We were supposed to sell DH's Camaro (he's had it since high school) this weekend to one of his buddies from back home. That guy had some issues with his eyes so now he's not coming. But, he's going to pay for it now and get it "later." Well, "later" better not be when I'm in the hospital or just home with a newborn!

GTKY: what is your best childhood memory? I have a lot of good childhood memories but the one I remember the most is our trip to the Southeast one spring break. We did so much during it and went so many places. It was really cool to see all the places and it was all 6 of us. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• lwhrmommalwhrmomma member
    edited June 2017

How many other children do you have? 

One, DS recently turned 2.

How far along are you?

Tomorrow is 34 weeks!!

My first was the easiest pregnancy.  This is not.  Trying to get my anxiety under control,  and having lots of pelvic pressure and constant lightning crotch.  I wish baby would move up to my ribs lol.  Not swelling too bad yet. Belly button has popped out, and it looks like I have a very faint linea negra.  I don't remember when it showed up last time, but it's definitely starting now.

Cravings:

Ice cream and milkshakes.   Most recently, tomato and mozzarella with balsamic glaze.  I can't get enough of it!

Monday for my 34 week checkup.  Going to request they do a quick US to check my cervix and size of baby.  The constant lightning crotch is getting obnoxious and I want to make sure it isn't anything to worry about.  

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Rave: we moved DS into his big boy room this week  and it was way easier than I expected it to be! Best part is that he hasn't realized yet that he can get out of bed himself, so when he wakes up he stays in bed until we go in to get him. It's fabulous!  

When I was like 8, my parents woke me and my siblings up at like 5am, put us in the car, and started driving.  Surprise trip to Disney World! Hopefully we can surprise our kids like that someday!

Pregnancy Ticker

1 dd who is 4

How far along are you?

A million weeks... jk. 33 weeks tomorrow.

Heartburn is out of control just like my last pregnancy. I've also noticed I have a very short temper this time around. It's always directed at adults who make me mad.

Cravings:

Ice! All the ice!

I had a check up on Monday and had a follow up Tuesday because I developed flu like symptoms. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I am so tired of being tired. 

Spending the summer in Greece at the beach with my dad and brother.

• @SouthernMama15 my DS was 3 1/2 when DD was born. He was happy to help me by fetching things I needed when I was changing a diaper or nursing. I gave him lots of little tasks and praised him for the help. Although it didn't often include baby, he still felt important! 

Almost 2.5 year old DD

How far along are you? 34 weeks today 

Having stretches of insomnia almost every single night now (started earlier last time), lots of abdominal pain and soreness (way worse than last time). I also am a lot more tired this go around...I blame the toddler   

Cravings: fruity, cold and refreshing 

Any appointments this week? Had my 34 week  check this afternoon  

Rant/Rave/Questions?

GTKY: what is your best childhood memory? Toss up between family beach trips at my Great Grandmas condo, with my moms family. And camping trips every summer with my Dads side. I love the beach more (though still love camping) but my brother and I were the only kids so it was more adult centered. On my dad side we had 16 cousins to run around and explore with. And several of my uncles had boats, so we would go for rides, tube, fish and catch crabs. Back when things were a lot simpler and my grandparents were the glue that held us all together. 

2 boys - 8 and almost 5.

How far along are you?

31+6

Insomnia, constipation and an increase in Braxton Hicks.

Cravings:

I want whatever I need to stay away from now that I'm watching my sugar/carbs.

I had 2 appointments yesterday.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I don't like that my Braxton Hicks have really increased this week.  I usually don't have more than a few per hour, but it seems like I have some most hours during the day with them trickling off more during the evening.  I don't feel like I'm doing too much and am trying to stay even more hydrated than usual.  I've been even more constipated than usual and I'm wondering if they're somehow related.  I definitely notice them more with a full bladder, but maybe the constipation has an effect on them too.  My doctor didn't seem concerned when I mentioned the increase at my appointment.  Things like this just make me a little nervous.

We spent most summer weekends at my parents' beach club.  There were tons of kids around of varying ages and we'd spend a lot of time playing together.  My parents have been going there for 35 years and have made lifelong friends.  We live a few hours from my parents now, but I enjoy taking the kids there a few times per year.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers