July 2017 Moms

UO Thursday 6/29

Sorry if I'm stepping on toes, but I'm bored and no one has posted this thread yet. 

Whatcha got this week?
BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
#2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)

Re: UO Thursday 6/29

• @hyperangel_8509 everyone has an opinion about everything. I don't understand it and it drives me crazy too! If it were two girls they'd say "oh now you have to try again for a boy" 

My UO: when girls go to the jeweler to pick out their engagement rings, know where in the house the ring is hidden, and then now know the day they're getting proposed to. Maybe I'm old school but knowing everything takes the fun out of it!! (DH's best friend is proposing to his gf of 3 years on July 4th at a baseball game and apparently she knows all about it because she asked me to go with her tomorrow and get manicures and a new outfit so she's ready for the pictures people will take. She also told him the ring had to be at least 1 ct or her parents wouldn't approve-which may be part of my frustration here)
  • Loading the player...
  • @nktrodden826 I can't stand that either.  My one request for DH was that I be surprised, and it was (at that point) the best day of my life!  He picked the ring, day, place and even had chilled champagne for us...it was perfect.  (this also paved the way for us being team green because the surprise was so worth it!)

@OperaSingerMommy Ditto.  When I talked to my friend about ours, she asked if I wanted any 'modern' shots; I had to ask her what she meant. LOL.  Like you, I feel as though you can show off your bump and be pretty and tasteful without showing all the skin. 
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• @BusyZee yup that's strange and already setting the little girl up to solely focus on her looks. It's sad and a big societal flaw. When I was a kid, everyone would always comment on my beautiful little sister. I was never once told I was beautiful; just her. We both learned very young that looks matter. My beautiful sister is still stunning and works in fashion. I'm very self conscious. 
  • I had never heard of a milk bath maternity shoot but threw caution to the wind and googled it. Hard pass. 
  • @nktrodden826 this reminds me of how dumb I was when I was proposed to. All the signs were there and I didn't even think for a fleeting moment it's coming. We were watching the sun rise in Mexico listening to my favorite song and DH says he brought a surprise from the room and I thought he was gonna offer me chocolate. Lol! 

@BusyZee my friend's daughter's hair hasn't been growing. She had a pixie cut for almost 3 years. I asked her what's up with your kid's hair and she replied, do me a favor and drop the subject. Everyone is asking and I don't want to make her self conscious. It hit me how much we do put emphasis on it and we really should be more careful. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ....and these toddler pageants make me sick to my stomach. I do not think they are cute AT ALL.
    Why are they even allowed here !??! 
  • @OperaSingerMommy agreed, they are so weird! Why milk? The only thing I can think of is that it makes the water more opaque so you can't see anything underneath... But those photos look so silly to me. As do the "wood nymph" ones with flower crowns and lacy flyaway/see-through dresses 

@BusyZee I read something a while ago about trying to ask little girls about their favorite book, or basically anything having to do with their brains instead of their looks, and since then I've noticed how easy it is to just say "look at your pink dress, you're so pretty!" to little ones. I've tried to be better about it, but it's tough!
  • rjoys8 I kinda do both... I'm the mom who thinks her kid is the most awesome kid in the world, lol and I can't help myself but compliment her on all aspects. I tell her she's smart, beautiful, funny, cute, nice. I don't think I can ignore her looks TBH because she really is so beautiful, but we applaud her all the time when she accomplishes things like counting to ten or building a lego tower (she's 20 months), or wiping the coffee table and throwing the paper towel in the garbage can... OK I'll stop now or my gushing will go on forever. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker