Pregnant after a Loss
Options

PGAL Check-In: Week of June 26th

Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope you're hanging in there. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong! 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What intimidates you the most about labor/delivery?
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: PGAL Check-In: Week of June 26th

• Options
    Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope you're hanging in there. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong! 

How far along are you? 
    35w6d

How big is baby? A pineapple

Appointments coming up? Last bi-weekly appointment on Friday - then they are weekly. Crazy!

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Starting to move a little slower and have some swelling in my feet (cankles are AWESOME) but, other than that, no complaints! Emotionally I'm doing well from a PGAL brain standpoint as the baby is moving a lot these last few days. Overall I'm getting to that 'holy sh*t, this is really happening' mindset!

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Full term - next week - which is beyond crazy to think.

Rants/Raves/Questions: The type-A/planner/organizer in me is trying to get everything 'just right' but I know, deep down, I have no idea what I'm doing LOL. I'm sure we will get home with the baby and I'll be like 'why in the WORLD would I think this or that made sense'. 

GTKY: What intimidates you the most about labor/delivery? I think the thought of the epidural not working. I have a very high tolerance to pain meds (when I had my D&C they gave me enough for a horse, docs words, and I still felt everything) and, while I know the epidural is given differently, I'm scared that I'll end up in the boat of not being prepared to deliver naturally (or at least all the feels of it) so I'm thinking I should probably read up on breathing techniques!
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    I'm new here and in the "not sure I trust that I am pregnant"-stage. I'm Laura and I have one DS and just had a natural miscarriage at the beginning of June and am apparently pregnant again.  

How far along are you? 3 weeks or so. Not sure when I O'd AL

How big is baby? Tiny

Appointments coming up? Debating on if I should call my doctor or not. Anyone else want to weigh in? Is there extra monitoring? Otherwise the typical process is no labs or anything until 8 weeks. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? We are two ((light)) tests to the positive but my PGAL brain says I should test Friday when I've actually missed and see what that says. Otherwise, I'm just tired all the time. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? An ultrasound and/or heartbeat. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Just the ones I've already mentioned. And it does get more real, eventually? 

GTKY: What intimidates you the most about labor/delivery? It's not that bad--as I remember. So I'm not sure. Ask me again in 8 months. But my doula was amazing and I couldn't have done it without her. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 
    8 Weeks, 1 day

How big is baby? A wild strawberry? or a candied cherry i guess? lol Something like that.

Appointments coming up? My OB is already seeing me again this Thursday, even though I already saw her last Tues. She said she wants to see me every 2 weeks, and she will be out the week of July 4th, so I need to come in this week. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally, still as nervous as ever. I know every week that goes by without any bad signs is a good thing, but it still scares me. 

TW

This was the time during the last pregnancy that I started to notice my symptoms going away. My boobs stopped hurting, I wasn't as tired. And then 2 weeks later, they figured out I had a MMC. So I guess I'm also afraid of the next ultrasound too, in a way. During that pregnancy, my second US was where I found out that I had a MMC. =( I just want everything to go well SO BADLY. 

TW over

Physically, the symptoms have been odd. Some days, I'm okay. Not much going on. Some days, like yesterday, I feel like I got hit by a truck. The nausea is still happening on and off and my appetite is still non-existent. I'll take all of the symptoms, though. The more there are symptoms, the more likely things are going alright with my little guy or lady.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Looking forward to the next ultrasound. Not sure when that will be, but I hope the outcome is positive. I'm also looking forward to the 12-13 week mark. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    BIG RANT: So last week, I literally drove out to my new counselors office (45 min, 37 mile drive), for a 10 min appointment. It didn't help that it took 3 weeks for her to make an appointment with me and right now I have an open schedule because I'm off for the summer. (7th grade Soc Studies teacher) She was AWFUL. I got there and she asked me "So, what do you expect to get out of this?" And I said " well I was hoping for some help with the anxiety that I have about my new pregnancy and just to have someone to talk to." She told me "Well there are meditation exercises that you can google" then paused and looked at me. And I kind looked up like "That's it?" Then she said "So I think we've covered everything, you can make your next appointment with the check out staff" I was so shocked and taken aback, I just didn't say anything and left her office. When I checked out, the check out rep was like " So when are you available for your next appointment?" and I said " That won't be necessary. Apparently, I can use google as a counselor" I got home and was so upset. I cried for like an hour. I know it probably seems dumb, but I felt more alone than ever. This was supposed to be a counselor who specialized in pregnancy, infertility and pregnancy loss and her only solution for me was to LOOK UP PREGNANCY MEDITATIONS ON GOOGLE!!!?!?!?!?!?!? I don't even know if I want to meditate. It's not really my thing. I'm sure it's beneficial, but I was looking for someone to ask questions and let me vent, and just give me specific ideas of what to do to calm down and deal with the uncertainty of pregnancy. I'm not even sure if I want to even look for someone else. 

Smaller rant: I'm not sure when I want to tell my In-Laws. I still haven't told them and not sure if I will ever be comfortable with telling them, but eventually I will start showing, if all goes well. My husband is no help. He has no input. 

Okay enough complaining, RAVE: I got to hang out with some very dear friends of mine on Saturday and watched fireworks at a park by their house. It was nice to laugh and play bocce ball. 

GTKY: What intimidates you the most about labor/delivery?  Getting to that point will definitely be nice. I really hope that the pain isn't super awful. I guess though, I keep thinking about how my parents were when my sister had her first kid. They kept bugging her and were very intrusive and were like putting their ear up to the door and BLOCKING THE DOOR while she was pushing. I really don't feel like dealing with their annoyance. It's already bad enough on a regular basis, I can't imagine how annoyed I will be when I'm in that kind of pain. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 4-25-2014
    TTC: March 2015
    BFP: 2-18-16
    Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
    D&C: 4-2-16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @nmd9168 I had my first appointment with a new program offered through our insurance and it was very much like that. She dismissed anything personal about my anxiety as something "we don't have time for today," and she basically told me things that I could google. Like eating green vegetables and exercising can help with negative emotions. :neutral: So I completely understand how you feel. I went back to my regular doctor/OB and talked to her about it and we decided to try a very low dose of anxiety meds that were safe for TTC/pregnancy since she was aware we were trying. That doesn't mean you need to do that, but it was the best decision for me, personally. Also, I've found yoga helps me a ton ((I use Yoga By Adrienne on YouTube)). I'm sorry you had such a crappy experience.
  • Options
    @nmd9168  - wow, I don't have any words other than that. I'm so sorry that you dealt with that - it's 100% unprofessional and just mind blowing. Don't give up though - certainly look for someone different if you think it would be beneficial. I'm just in complete shock that someone, a professional, would even suggest Googling!

@mdfarmchick - welcome! I think every OB is different but mine was all for doing bloodwork right away after my MMC when I got my second BFP so I would just call the office and see what their standard is. Congrats and FX for you!!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6+4

How big is baby? Sweet Pea

Appointments coming up? Friday, can't wait. Ultrasound with my RE. FX for good news. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Full of anxiety. Having to wean off anxiety medication and it's hard. Physically, heartburn is killing me. My boobs are sore but I'm in my head worrying if it's the progesterone I'm taking and not really a symptom. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Friday, first ultrasound & heartbeat. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: did any of your docs only do 2 beta draws? Mine were early and low #s but they did double. I'm just scared. 

**TW**

Going through another C-Section. 
    Just the recovery really, with a 4 year old at home too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 10/21/11 EDD 06/22/12 natural m/c 11/03/11 6w6d

BFP#2 03/08/12 EDD 11/19/12 met our sweet boy @ 36w5d! 10/25/12!

• Options
    CPR79CPR79 member
    @mdfarmchick It cant' hurt to call your doctor.  My office is typically 8 weeks for a new pregnancy, but when I called I asked if there was anything different with a recent loss and they offered me to come in at 6 weeks for my intake, and at that appt the nurse pretended I didn't know when my LMP was (even though I did) and got me a dating U/S for 7 weeks to easy my mind.

@nmd9168 I have no personal experience with what you described but I know it's wrong.  I would hope that not all counselors are like that so please keep trying to find one that works for you if you think it will help!

How far along are you? 36w1d

How big is baby? I have a growth ultrasound on Thursday so I'll find out a non-food estimate then!

Appointments coming up? Had a checkup today, and now a growth scan scheduled for Thursday.  I measured 39 weeks instead of 36 on the oh so accurate measuring tape method, which apparently triggers a need for a growth ultrasound.  My midwife wasn't concerned so neither am I, I'm excited to see the baby since I haven't seen him/her since the anatomy scan!  (Also, @byrneme I want to say 'take that' to all the people who make comments about how I can't possibly be due in 4 weeks b/c I 'don't look that big')

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? I'm actually feeling pretty good both emotionally and physically.  I'm moving slower definitely, but the weather is nice so I'm trying to take walks, etc. Emotionally the baby has been moving a lot so that helps. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Full term in less than a week - crazy!

Rants/Raves/Questions: I wanted to get all the baby clothes/sheets/etc washed last weekend and when I got them all ready I noticed some black mold in the rubber ring of our front loading washer, which we tried all day to eliminate but could not.  I'm sure it's not the end of the world, but now that I noticed it it's freaking me out so we're exploring replacing the moldy part, but hopefully someone can do it soon!

GTKY: What intimidates you the most about labor/delivery? Oh pretty much everything! I don't have a very high pain tolerance but I want to see how far I can go without meds and only take them if I can't take it (which I probably will do).  I'm just worried I won't realize I'm in labor or something like that, I have no idea what to expect!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5wks today based on ovulation date.

How big is baby? itty bitty!

Appointments coming up? still setting it up

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? I have been nauseated and I love it! I have never had nausea this early in any of my last 4 pregnancies. But does that really mean anything, who really knows??

An ultrasound.
    Rants/Raves/Questions:
    First hcg 111 and 48hr later 360. Progesterone 24. Doc is happy with numbers. I know that means its a viable pregnancy now, but im not sure if that is any indication for the future.
    GTKY: What intimidates you the most about labor/delivery? knowing when to go to the hospital, you dont really want to be there too early but you definitely dont want to be late either!

@byerneme - woohoo for weekly appointments and congrats on  being full term next week! Thanks for still takng the time to post and start the weekly thread! 

@mdfarmchick - I totally get where you are, I had the same questions about calling the drs early or not, but i have learned that they can check your progesterone and if its low give you supplements. Also an earlier ultrasound at least will tell you if its intrauterine and then you dont have to worry about a tubal pregnancy. So definitely call!

@nmd9168 - The bad "milestones" are really hard to shake. What has helped me in the past is just taking it one day at a time and one appointment at a time. Also being here with others that have personally been through it is a must! Your friends, family, and even husband will never truly understand. That counselor sounds pathetic and you should write an online review for them. 

@katekate628 - my doc only did 2 betas and isnt planning on doing more, as long as it doubles they are satisfied. 

@CPR79 - full term next week and a bonus growth ultrasound??? Thats great i hope you do something to celebrate! You full termers give us hope!
  • Options
    @CPR79 I swear, sometimes our weekly posts are exactly the same lol. Congrats on the 'take that' moment!! Jealous of your growth u/s - hope it goes FANTASTIC!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    CPR79CPR79 member
    Just got home from my growth scan.  Baby is measuring 75th percentile overall (estimated weight at 36w3d 6lbs 15 oz) but the head is measuring in the 97th percentile!  That's a big scary head for a FTM who's already terrified of labor, yikes!
  • Options
    Yay for a good growth scan, even if it means you want to cross your legs ;)

*** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Options
    @cpr79 glad to see the growth scan went well! 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 4-25-2014
    TTC: March 2015
    BFP: 2-18-16
    Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
    D&C: 4-2-16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hey ladies! New to the board. :)

How far along are you? 

12w3d

How big is baby? 
    A plum!

Appointments coming up?
    Just had one Tuesday. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?
    Better now that the appointment is over. I was having a lot of anxiety about it, because it was on DH's birthday and we were also supposed to get our InformaSeq results. Fortunately all is well, but I was so nervous!

Feeling baby kick, and DH feeling him kick. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Rave: Feeling better today than I have in a week or two! 

Everything? Lol. There is some uncertainty about L&D with me, because I have MTHFR and FVL, which necessitates increased monitoring in the 3rd tri and a decent chance of being induced. I have wanted a natural/unmedicated birth at a birth center with midwives for years and it appears I'm headed for the exact opposite (thanks body!). The uncertainty bothers me, because I don't know what to plan for.
  • Options
    Welcome @ryannenikole ! Congratulations on crossing the 12 week mark - almost to the 2nd tri, so exciting!! 
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Options