February 2017 Moms

Baby check in!! (June)

This is just some random questions so we can see how the other febubabies (early or late) are changing and developing.

How old is the little one?

What size clothing/how big is the baby now?

What fun new things is your baby doing?

How is your baby interacting with you, family members, and strangers?

Describe a normal day of naps and night of sleep.

How much and often is the baby eating?

Have you started any solids? If so, how did it go? How does the baby like them now?

Do you have anything you want to share?

PICTURES???

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby check in!! (June)

• Loading the player...
  • i know that june is almost over but its only now that im getting onto here on the laptop, rather than my phone to add this...............

How old is the little one?
    She was 23 weeks past on monday, so about 5.5 months

What size clothing/how big is the baby now?
    She is in 3-6months stuff mostly, still some 0-3 months stuff that is sized bigger. It depends on where the stuff is from really.

What fun new things is your baby doing?
    She is now able to sit up unaided for long periods of time. This is a new development this week. She is also rolling over but only from back to front & on her right side.

How is your baby interacting with you, family members, and strangers?
    She is full of fun, chat and smiles, charming anyone who looks her way! She is so nosy and loves to see everything thats going on around her.

Describe a normal day of naps and night of sleep.
    Nighttime - She goes down anytime after 10pm and wakes up between 9am & 10:30am depending on how late she was in bed the night before. She sleeps right through. She sometimes will stir when her daddy gets up for work around half 7 but i give her her dummy back and she nods off again.
    During the day is a different story, she fights her naps so hard! she usually has a nap after her first bottle of the day & maybe 2 naps throughout the day but at the minute it seems 10 minute power naps are all shes good for. Theres just too much going on for her to sleep!

How much and often is the baby eating?
    She has 4x6oz bottles & 2x spoonfeeds per day. 

Have you started any solids? If so, how did it go? How does the baby like them now?
    Yep, we currently give her baby rice mixed with formula & some fruit puree at her lunchtime feed and then pureed veg in the evening at dinnertime & she loves it. She almost dives at the spoon, squawks for more and whinges when its all gone! 
    i had fully intended to make my own purees when the time came but at the start we wernt using very much and we dont really have a lot of freezer space so we're just using ellas kitchen pouches at the minute.

Do you have anything you want to share?
    Im so grateful to be able to have the time off that i have with Cora but at the minute Im kind of struggling with being at home all day every day & the lack of adult company & interaction.
  • @Janefelicity is there a mothers or nursing group near you? I go to one almost every week through the lactation group at our local hospital. It's one of the biggest highlights of my week because I get to talk to other adults, they weigh the babies if you want, and Rid gets to interact with other babies. The rest of the week is rough though with no real adult interaction until my husband gets home at 6:30.
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @marriedhamstermom i had started going to a rhythm & rhyme class on a wednesday which whilst not usually my cup of tea, cora seemed to enjoy & there were some other nice mums there (and some horrible bitches too) but its now finished for the summer until september :(
  • @Janefelicity what about a library? We have age group story times in the libraries where they usually do story time and crafts once or twice a week. It's good for the kids to interact but nice for moms to socialize also. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 they rhythm & rhyme class was the one in our local library. I need to investigate what else there is available now & make an effort to get out & meet people more!
  • @kswiger06 they rhythm & rhyme class was the one in our local library. I need to investigate what else there is available now & make an effort to get out & meet people more!
    Oh Lol!! That even makes sense. Obviously my brain wasn't working yesterday haha
    Pregnancy Ticker