September 2017 Moms

PGAL check in 6/28

edited June 2017 in September 2017 Moms

How far along are you?

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?

What's going on with you in other aspects of your life?

Any Questions? 

GTKY:  Have you been reading any good books lately, or watching any good shows?

@missyrosek  From your question on the other post... I have had those thoughts occasionally. It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes I'll look around at all the baby stuff I have and think "What would I even do?" 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PGAL check in 6/28

• How far along are you? 28w2d

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Baby is measuring good, but unfortunately I failed the 1 hour glucose test, so I get to do the 3 hour tomorrow. I don't understand how gestational diabetes works, because with DS I literally drank chocolate milk everyday for breakfast and indulged in Krispy Kreme donuts like everyday and I passed my test with flying colors. With this pregnancy I have the occasional indulgence, but I've been trying to eat healthy most of the time. 

I had my ultrasound today for the lump under my arm, and am waiting to hear from my doctor about what it looks like.

Any Questions? 
    This isn't so much a question, but some confessional advice from my therapist for dealing with anxiety. If you still have a stuffed animal from childhood that you slept with, it can really help with middle of the night anxiety attacks. One of the problems I've been struggling with this week is waking up in the middle of the night due to hip and leg pain from 3rd trimester sciatica, then my anxiety sets in and I can't get back to sleep for hours. She suggested something comforting from childhood could really help, and although it's not 100% better, it's helped a lot.

I really enjoyed reading Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon. Currently I've been binge watching Ugly Betty on Hulu.
  • I realize this is something I should have asked on Monday, but I'm 28 weeks, do they do anymore ultrasounds from here on out? With DS, he was positioned weird I guess, because they were never able to find his heartbeat using the doppler, so I ended up with an ultrasound everytime, so I have no concept of how many ultrasounds are actually normal. I'll ask at my next appointment in 1.5 weeks, but I was just wondering if anyone knew in the meantime. I haven't had one since the anatomy scan at 20 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • @heatherlynn321  My Dr doesn't do any after the anatomy scan unless she wants to check the size/positioning closer to the due date. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• How far along are you?  
    30 weeks! 

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? More than I would like, unfortunately. I spent about 5 hours in labor and delivery early Monday morning. I started having contractions, and after about 3 hours of them not going away I got nervous and called. When they got me hooked up to the monitor, they were about 5 minutes apart. They got them stopped, though, and felt good about sending me home. Hopefully things can't go back to normal now! 

Nothing much. The past couple of days I've just been limiting my activity and drinking lots of water, per Dr's orders. 

Any Questions? 

I just finished a Sarah Desson book, which was pretty good... light, easy read. TV wise, Law and Order SVU marathons have been my jam, lol.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    28+1
    What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?
    My dad and step mom were visiting from FL on Monday, so we scheduled an elective US so they could see their grandson. We see him every 4 weeks I'm AMA by 3 days, and now have GD), but thought it would be a neat experience for them. The technician was surprised at how chill the baby seems to be. He wanted to keep his hand in front of one side of his face, and had the other side of his face snuggled up against my uterine wall. She was jouncing on him with the wand, and pushing on his butt with her fingers, and he just did not care. He was awake, he was just comfy and not interested in moving around. I'm hoping this means once he's born he's going to be a chill and snuggly baby.
    All the things. I way overdid it on Monday, we ended up sight seeing in Boston with my parents all day Monday. Too much walking, I let myself get dehydrated, and I didn't eat properly/at the right times so my sugar got all out of whack. I couldn't take a PTO day on Tuesday (I work Tu-Sat)because we're in the middle of a major change at work. It will even out to slightly less (but more accurate/representative) work each week, but it meant doing two days worth of work on Tuesday. By the end of the day I was in tears, in pain and overwhelmed. Two coworkers offered to pick up the very small amount of in-building work I needed to do today, so I was able to work on documents from home all day today! I'm feeling better. Still sore and tired, but much better.

Any Questions? 
    Anyone have somewhat sweet but protein rich snack ideas? I'm supposed to watch my sugar intake (duh), and also include lots of protein. My snacks have been basically almonds and fruit.Good, but getting kind of dull.
    DH and I just started Supernatural over from the beginning. I'm madly in love with Jensen Ackles /Dean WInchester - and even though he's 26 in the first season, I feel like such an old perv! I can't wait for him to "age" a little bit. Older Dean is better Dean ;)
  • Okay baby, you can kick anytime you feel like it. I feel like I've barely felt anything today, I even tried drinking some of my husband's Coke. It's really freaking me out. I guess I'll ask them to check during my 3 hour in the morning. 
  • Baby's HR 144, everything sounded good!
  • Okay baby, you can kick anytime you feel like it. I feel like I've barely felt anything today, I even tried drinking some of my husband's Coke. It's really freaking me out. I guess I'll ask them to check during my 3 hour in the morning. 
    I don't know what your "normal" is - but with me, this little boy will go two-three days where I only feel him move a few times a day (and barely), and then BOOM, I'll get a whole day or two of the zoomies. I barely felt him Sat-Monday (I was getting worried, but was checking his heart rate at home and it was normal), then Tues/Wed I think he was remodeling and moving furniture (my best friend calls my uterus "the mansion"), because he was moving my whole belly for much of the days and night. 

• He's been doing painful karate kicks in my belly for weeks, like really obvious movements, and then the last 2 days barely anything. It wasn't consistent with what had been normal for him, but they checked his heart and everything seems fine.
  • How far along are you: 27+5. Third trimester starts Saturday!!

What's going on pregnancy-wise: I did prenatal yoga this week; it was interesting. I do miss more vigorous exercise. I have an appointment with my midwife tomorrow am, including the GD test. And baby is quite active now. He has his quiet times but at least a few times a day I get kicked/punched fairly hard. It's generally not painful so I'm kinda proud of how strong he's getting!

What's going on in other areas of life: it's summer vacation, so hooray! Not much to report.

any questions: Especially for FTMs: How far along are you all on your nurseries? We are making VERY slow progress.

GTKY: I'm loving the Great British Baking Show on PBS (Fridays at 9) and just finished OITNB season 5. Recently I read and enjoyed The Nightingale and am currently reading The Last Painting of Sara de Vos.
  • How far along are you? 28+1

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? LO has shifted so instead of cute painless kicks outward, he's kicking inward and usually hits my bladder or cervix....not cute, little man! Also sil felt him kick but no one else has since right after that he shifted and isn't kicking outwards anymore :( I hope he shifts back before our holidays are done so my mom can feel him kick :(

rain rain rain.

Any Questions? 

not really

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• @divinemsm620 we got a lot done on our nursery (all the big stuff done...just need crib sheets pretty much now....) at Easter break because it was our last time off longer than a weekend without 5 adult guests staying with us in our apartment until LO is born. We wanted a large chunk of time because we were painting and needed to book a rental car to get the larger furniture pieces, which would have made for a very busy normal length weekend. If we had more time later though or our own car to run errands/pick stuff up whenever we want then we probably wouldn't have been so quick to tackle the nursery.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @divinemsm620 - Basically nothing set up. We're getting furniture from SIL (our nephew just turned 3), so that at least is taken care of. We're renting right now, and have realized it's just super unlikely we're going to get into a house before baby comes. So there will be no nursery set up for us. Which I'm bummed about, but this will just be easier in the long run I think. So our "nursery" plans will be to rent a storage unit and move some stuff into storage so there's room for the PNP in our bedroom, and the changing table/swing/dresser. :\ 
  • @BigBadWolf12 that makes a lot of sense. We put things off because as a teacher, now is when I have time to be working on things like nursery set-up.

@jena333-2 that really stinks--sorry to hear!! If it makes you feel any better, we own and still had to move a lot of things around to make room for the nursery. We had two large desks, each with a hutch--now down to one, which will either be sold or donated/trashed by the end of next week. I loved my desk but I know I will love the baby's room more in the end!

So, now that almost everything is moved out of the future nursery, I guess I'm not as crazy far behind as the GTKY nursery thread would lead me to believe. Once we purchase the furniture for him, things should move quickly.
  • @divinemsm620 enjoy! DH and I are both teachers too, so we would have done the same thing but we are either visiting family in Canada or hosting family in our place from the day after we finished work in June until the day before we start work in august, so our summer free time has magically disappeared! :# 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• @divinemsm620 I've been making progress on the nursery in spurts. The big pieces are (mostly) in -- crib, dresser, shelving unit and bookcase. Room is painted and the curtains are up. My DH started installing the closet system last week and the recliner is being delivered tomorrow. 

Now I'm working on art for the walls and other details. Everything else will wait until after my shower in August. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited July 2017
    @divinemsm620 Nursery? Umm... it's almost painted, lol. So, yeah... not very far. We have the crib, rocking chair, curtains, and book case to go in there... just waiting until it's painted to move stuff in. The only big thing left to get is a dresser... then I'll need little decorative stuff, but I kind of want to see it with the furniture in place first.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 that sounds like a pretty trying and nerve wracking  experience and I'm glad everything is OK. 

Re the question on ultrasounds, i was surprised to hear that I get one at 31 weeks (next week) to measure growth and whatnot -- im not AMA so I was surprised, but I'll take it!