September 2017 Moms

High Risk Check-In 6/27

Welcome to any new posters!

This check in is for anyone diagnosed with a high-risk condition that needs increased monitoring or testing so that we can discuss our conditions and support each other. I'd like to pray for each of you in my daily prayers! If you're not comfortable, just leave it blank. 

How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Any concerns/news currently?

Anything I can pray for you specifically about right now? 

GTKY: If you had unlimited funds, where would you build your dream house? What feature would you make sure is in this dream house?

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
Married in July 2014
TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
A1Cs:
1/12/16 6.7%
5/25/16 6.0%
11/2/16 6.1%
3/22/16 5.8%
4/27/17 5.4%
6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"

Re: High Risk Check-In 6/27

• How far along are you?
    29+4

Why are you high-risk?
    I carry an antibody

My next appointment is not until 3 weeks from today which seems like forever.

Has anybody experienced sciatica pain?  I originally thought my butt was just cramping at night but the past few nights it is almost a constant pain in my butt sometimes down my leg and only one side at a time.  I wake up in the morning and I can barely walk it feels almost sore.  As the day goes on it gets better but man this stinks and I don't really know if this is due to the nerve or not?

N/A

GTKY: If you had unlimited funds, where would you build your dream house? What feature would you make sure is in this dream house?

A yoga/meditation room.
  • How far along are you?
    27 wks 4 days

Why are you high-risk?
    Gd

First drs. Appointment since starting my gd diet and checking blood on Friday.

Just getting used to the new diet and checking blood. Sometimes it takes me a couple tries. Stressed about what to eat when I go out to eat. I did discover Halotop icecream. Its amazing and didnt effect my sugar.

More energy. I have a million things I need to do, but naps are amazing.

In the woods somewhere. With lots of windows, privacy and open spaces.
  • Loading the player...
  • @JustBored10 I have had some sciatica pain a few weeks back. My husband helped me stretch my legs some and I felt better after a couple days. I recently picked up an exercise ball to sit on which is supposed to help with lower back issues. 

How far along are you?

28+3

Why are you high-risk?
    HBP

I go for my first weekly NST today. On Sunday I got some blood work done along with my GD test. Still waiting on results. I have an ultrasound with my MFM on Thursday. 

My nausea has really picked up lately. I am struggling some days. It feels like everyday is taking a year to get through. 

That blood pressure remains stable and the nausea lets up some. 

My dream house would be on the water somewhere. I would want a movie theater and sauna. 
  • I failed my GD test with a 173 or something. Feeling pretty bummed about it. I am not sure I can do the 3 hour test with fasting and my nausea. If you throw up do you automatically fail? 
  • After being so excited to return to working at the office yesterday, I had more bleeding today, went to the OB to get checked out, and although everything looked ok, they sent me to the hospital to be monitored. Turns out I am having small contractions and although it doesn't appear I'm in early labor, they're admitting me to anti partum overnight for more observation. They gave me steroids in case the baby does end up coming soon or needs to be delivered early because of some kind of issue. Giving me IV fluids in hopes it might stop the contractions. Hopefully everything calms down and I can go home in the morning...
  • So sorry @Rhubarb7216.  Please keep us updated.
  • @baileylove22 yes you will not be able to complete the testing if you get sick.  They will just likely try to have you retake it on a different day.  Good luck.
  • @Rhubarb7216 I'm so sorry. Keep us posted. I'm hoping everything turns out okay. 

@baileylove22 You don't automatically fail if you get sick. They send you home and make you take it again another day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @Rhubarb7216 I'm sorry to hear your in the hospital. Sounds like they are taking the safest approach though so that's a positive. I hope everything is okay, keep us posted!
  • Thanks everyone! I'm still here at hospital and they want to keep me until tomorrow morning to make sure bleeding is resolved and give me another dose of steroids. They encouraged me to get out of bed and walk around so I was happy to put on my regular clothes and go outside to the court yard to get some fresh air. Contractions stopped last night and walking around caused some little ones again but nurse said not to worry and just rest and drink some water. As long as all is stable today, they'll let me go home tomorrow morning.
  • @Rhubarb7216 I'm sorry you're in the hospital for another night, but it's wonderful to hear that everything stabilized from yesterday. Sending good thoughts that the rest of your time there is super uneventful! 
  • @cchenal07 Omg I ate Halo Top Lemon Cake a few days ago.. totally worth the price to have that deliciousness and good blood sugars!!! Lemon cake is SO good and I'm obsessed with everything lemon in the summer.

@Rhubarb7216 I'm glad you're doing better and I hope you get out of fhe hospital tomorrow!  How scary! All you people sounding like your babies are going to be coming before 35 weeks... AHHHHH! @Breath_Easy92

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Rhubarb7216 Sorry to hear you are in the hospital. :( I am glad everything is calming down for you. FXed you get out of there asap! 
  • Breath_Easy92Breath_Easy92 member
    edited June 2017
    @Sugargirl1019 I know! I'm kind of freaking out internally. I was at the hospital again today and my doctor keeps telling me that as long as I keel doing everything I'm doing she thinks we can get me to 32 weeks then hope for 35. But even she's counting down now: 47 days til I can get induced (aug 14th). She wants this baby out as soon as he's big enough. 

I REALLLLY want to be able to go to my baby shower in 10 days  :'( im going to be so upset if I end up in the hospital instead! 
  • @Rhubarb7216 I'm glad the contractions calmed down. FX you get to go home and relax soon!

@Breath_Easy92 Yay for good growth with the steroids. Hopefully LO will stay put for awhile yet!

How far along are you?
    29+2

Why are you high-risk?
    Insulin resistant, multiple MCs, bicornuate uterus, pre-eclampsia

Just had my doctor's appointment today. We are starting weekly blood draws and US to monitor LO's growth and the pre-e progression. 

BP was somewhat lower today which is great! FX it stays that way. Thankfully we aren't at the point of needing to start steroids for baby yet, but the doctor still wants me on limited activity (basically bedrest but I am still allowed to go to my desk job for now).  She did talk about the potential for an early delivery, but said we aren't there yet. 

That we don't have to be induced / have a C-section early. I would really prefer to make it to August at least before LO arrives.

Location isn't terribly important for us, although we do prefer to be away from big cities. DH and I both prefer the quieter country / ranch life. The important features would be a large fully decked out kitchen since we both love to cook and a spacious living room for entertaining. 
  • Still hanging here at the hospital and all is stable. They sent me for an ultrasound to check out baby's growth and fluid levels. Everything looks perfect and he's estimated to be 3 lbs 14 oz (30w5d)! That seems big to me but I think it was 45th percentile so he's just about in the middle. No more bleeding or contractions so I'm on track to break out of here tomorrow morning.
  • @Rhubarb7216 that is all good news! <3:)<3
  • How far along are you? 30 weeks

Why are you high-risk? Type 1 DM, MTHFR 

I had my OB on Monday and High risk on Thursday.

I guess we're watching what her size is going to do! Will she continue being small or will she have a huge growth spurt and make me eat my words? 

I'm just so dizzy and nauseous for no reason at all (blood work was drawn and I'm good) so just pray for feel goods :)

Some place with fireflies and a great woods in the backyard. I need an apron sink. I have one now and I can't imagine life without it. I also want a fancy dining room including wine fridge, and a library.

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Thanks everyone for your support! I came home from the hospital this morning and all is stable for now. The MFM said it's still a very likely outcome that I will make it to full term. I'm now back to working at home full time, likely until after the baby is born, but I might be able to go back to the office once I make it to 36 weeks. My husband and I had to cancel our anniversary trip scheduled for this weekend and it's a bummer, but obviously we'll do what we need to do to keep baby safe!

How far along are you?
    30w6d

Why are you high-risk? short cervix, unexplained bleeding episodes

Any additional monitoring or testing this week? Plenty of additional monitoring/testing while I was at the hospital for 36+ hours...other than that I have my next OB appt next week on 7/6 and I just found out I'll now be having weekly ultrasounds from now on.

Nothing more than my recent hospital stay!

No more bleeding! That the baby stays put until at least 36 weeks.

If I'm really going to go all out, I'd build the dream house somewhere in Tuscany. Most important feature would be a spacious and totally amazing kitchen.
  • How far along are you?
    30+5d today , due date September 2.

Why are you high-risk?
    first angel baby boy took his last breathe insixe me and was born silent at 36+3d with no reasons known..through vaginal delivery. 

yes , i have interval growth scan after 4 days and then i will start weekly NST..

no news, but i feel very scared thinking of last few weeks.

• adooadoo member

How far along are you?
    30+1

Why are you high-risk?
    GD, pre-e with previous pregnancy, sons medical history

I had an appointment with my OB this week, uneventful 

starting to really prepare for the changes coming up and making sure I'm spending a lot of extra time with my son before this big change!

honestly I wouldn't do anything crazy, I'd stay in our cute little town and maybe have my dream kitchen and bathroom! 
  • @parul13 oh my goodness welcome, I'm so sorry for your loss. Praying this baby makes it outside healthy and strong! 

Married in July 2014
    A1Cs: