August 2017 Moms

FTM Check-in: Week of 6/26

How far along are you? 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves?

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What's something you've done at work before that would get you in trouble, nothing work specific, more fun?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: FTM Check-in: Week of 6/26

• How far along are you? 32 weeks and 4 days

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Next week, regular 34 week appt

Cravings? Ice cream! 

Rants/Raves? When sleeping, I feel like I'm getting lots of braxton hicks, just a tightness on my belly. Its annoying! I just want to sleep, guess I'm preparing! 

Questions for FTM, STM+? I'm getting all my washing stuff ready. What items can't you wash? I'm assuming the car seat and stroller. Are you ladies washing the carrier? 

GTKY: What's something you've done at work before that would get you in trouble, nothing work specific, more fun? I actually met my DH at work, one time, after hours, years ago, we did do the dirty at work...hehe
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • How far along are you? 
    34 weeks 5 days

2 appointments last week. 2 more ultrasounds this week. I have extra monitoring due to preeclampsia

Cravings?
    Chocolate covered raisins!

Rants/Raves?
    It's so hard to know when to worry about different symptoms. I have preeclampsia and have had swelling and headaches, but it's frustrating when to worry or when it's just regular pregnancy swelling. 
    Also really struggling emotionally. Some days I feel like I'll be ready to deliver at 37 weeks which is currently the proposed plan and some days I feel nor ready at all.

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    When was the first time you took baby out for a bigger public outing?

GTKY: What's something you've done at work before that would get you in trouble, nothing work specific, more fun?
    I'm too much of a stay by the rules when it comes to work. I guess the craziest thing I did was having a few too many drinks before work in college. I'm not that exciting.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @jacksonbears I didn't wash the carrier.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 34 weeks tomorrow! 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? I had an OB appointment, and once again Im less than impressed with the new OB.  

Cravings? Ice cream, and really any sweet.  

Rants/Raves? My new OB is not the best. She tends to not know things (like she mentioned that the US said that the babies abdomen was measuring larger than its head, but she had zero info about what that meant).  She also told me, "well looks like your just gonna be big until you give birth" and "well the US said baby was head down, but  your belly doesnt look like that, it looks strange".  Luckily, when I called the day after that, to complain, the nurse told me I was not the first one to complain that day, and that I might not have to see her anymore!!  

I am going to an infant CPR class tonight, and then a breastfeeding class on Sunday!  

We had our maternity photos done on Friday! My cousin came down from Maine to do them for us, and her two sneak peak photos are amazing!  I cant wait to see the rest! 

Questions for FTM, STM+? My heartburn hasn't been too bad, however, the last few nights Ive woken up just about ready to throw up becuase of the acid.  I sit up and it seems to go away, and Im fine for the rest of the night.  Is there anything I should do to help prevent this?  I already sleep basically sitting up, but I haven't needed to take any meds for heartburn, but should I be? 

When I was teaching I would break the dress code all the time!  I would wear sandals or Toms and just pretend that I "forgot" or was running late.  My school was super strict about dress, and I hated it, so I would do this all the time.  Now it might be the amount I bump at work! I have tabs pinned for the bump, and I am on here all the time. 

@jacksonbears Your GTKU is cute!  I didnt meet DH at work, but we have done the deed at his place, twice! I have met up with him for lunch a few times, while I worked from home, and we have had fun! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • How far along are you? 34+4

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? This coming Wednesday. Thought it was Tuesday. Glad I checked. 

Cravings? Chocolate, ice cream, the usual! 

Rants/Raves? Just, ya know, getting bigger, getting more uncomfortable. The baby is strong and I tell her when she's squirming/kicking to look for the trapdoor, not a window...! 

Questions for FTM, STM+? Not that I can think of...

GTKY: What's something you've done at work before that would get you in trouble, nothing work specific, more fun? Well... copious use of message boards is a violation of our technology policy. I've always been really straight-laced though (heck, I even work in compliance now) so my record is squeaky clean. Nothing like... fighting with a teammate over dating a guy in a different department... yeah witnessed that once. And one of the women went on to marry the two-timing scheming jerk. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 34 + 4

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Just a regular appointment this coming Friday.

Cravings? Not really. They come and go, but nothing consistent.

Rants/Raves? Rant: Starting to feel stressed/annoyed by all the people that are pestering me about the address for our hospital and that I need to let them know when I am in labor so they can come. DH and my mom will be the only ones in the delivery room. At first I was okay with having a couple of family members visit afterwards, but now so many are asking that I just want them all to go away! Just let me have my baby in peace! But I know it's fair to at least include the parents of both sides... but DH's parents are divorced so that includes step-parents and so on... *internal screaming*

Questions for FTM, STM+? None

GTKY: What's something you've done at work before that would get you in trouble, nothing work specific, more fun? Only thing I can think of is doing things at my desk when it is slow. I got in trouble for reading and doing sudoku at my old firm... which I think is unfair because it gets very slow at reception a lot of the time. If it was dead, they expected me to just sit there and stare at a wall... SO DUMB! I need brain activity! I would prefer to be working when I am at work, but when there is nothing to do... then what? However, at the place I'm at now, they let me do things to entertain myself so long as I don't have any work to do. Thank goodness!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @jacksonbears
    For our first, we washed clothes, burp clothes, towels, sheets, etc.  Didn't wash any of the big stuff since it was all taken right out of the box.  For this one, I'll probably wash the same stuff and wipe down some of the bigger things that have been in storage.

@Kathryn0903: I started taking DS for walks and small outings when he was around 2 weeks. His first big outing was when he was a month.  I knew our lives were different bc we had a child, but I didn't want to totally lose who we were, so we just involved him in as much as we could. I wore him a lot so people couldn't get too close. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @Jacksonbears I didn't wash the carrier either. I think I've seen some people wash the infant inserts in the car seat, but honestly, I probably won't until they get spit up on haha. 

@littlebug2010 Your new OB sounds bizarre... "Your belly looks weird" - seriously? What a weird, unprofessional comment. Fingers crossed she's gone in the next few weeks!

@Feliciosity I hope you put your foot down about the visitors. People shouldn't be demanding the hospital address AND a private message letting them know when you're in labor. If it's stressing you now, imagine how annoying it will be when you and DH are trying to bond with the baby. Don't be afraid to push back!

How far along are you? 33 + 5

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? I'm being monitored for high blood-pressure - not officially diagnosed with pre-e, but have lots of appointments now. 2x a week NSTs in addition to my normal OB visits. Luckily I live 10 mins from the hospital and have started working at home more, so I just zip down there and back! I don't hate hearing LO so often, though. I'm glad they are monitoring things closely. 

Cravings? Sweets (cakes, cookies, ice cream). I've moved on from my salty cravings, which is probably good for the whole BP issue haha.

Rants/Raves? Just have to rave how lucky I feel to work for a company with such a flexible work-from-home policy. The current policy is 2x a week max from home, but my manager didn't care at all that I'd need to be home way more these next few weeks. I can't imagine being forced to start my maternity leave early because of work, wasting all those days before baby arrives. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? Anyone know if full-term is considered 37 or 38 weeks? I've read both online.. not sure which is accurate.

GTKY: What's something you've done at work before that would get you in trouble, nothing work specific, more fun? After raving about how flexible my work policy is.... they are very strict about professional office behavior. @jacksonbears Apparently this couple was fooling around in one of our parking garages after work, got caught on surveillance camera and they were both fired! Can you imagine?! Not even IN the office. They also have a strict no-gambling/betting policy, which includes fantasy football leagues. So, because of that, I tend to follow the rules pretty closely. (Aside from my insane amount of bumping)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?
    31 W, 1D

Last week wasn't the best appointment. I did get to see my favorite midwife but I'm not gaining weight and my fundal measurement fell behind one week. However she was happy about my blood glucose readings and to see that I've been doing so well on my own.

Cravings?
    Ice water.

Rants/Raves?
    This week seems better than last for me. Last week I was kinda a mess- emotionally, physically, mentally, ect... Just not in a good place. But so far, 12 hours in, this week is shaping up better. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Questions for FTM, STM+?
    @littlebug2010 there have been times when I've needed Zantac to survive the acid reflux. My Dr.'s are completely OK with me taking them and it's really a lifesaver- usually the searing acid pain is gone in about a half hour. I go for Zantac over Tums because that controls the acid a lot better and lasts 24 hrs. I carry a bottle around in my purse :)

Back in the day I had the world's most private cube where I could also hear people coming from a mile away. I read the entire Twilight Series at work. Feet up on the desk, kicked back and reading for hours at a time. My goodness that was an easy job.

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12 I've heard 37 weeks called term and 40 called full term. Basically I think 37 is no longer premature, but not quite considered full term. 
    Thanks @kristenk727. I definitely want to go out and do things with him, but don't want to go overboard too early.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @secicc12 She is so strange!  Her first name is Velvet, and I feel like she sounds like a little kid when she talks.  She said the belly looked weird becuase she didnt think he was heads down, but I still cant understand why she even thought it was okay to tell me!  The office has gotten a bunch of complaints since she started, so she probably wont be there for too much longer! 

@mango517  good to know.  I didnt realize that Zantac would help with that as well.  I dont ever take this kind of med, so I wasnt sure what would help with this!  Thanks!
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • @littlebug2010 I've been doing nexium. After 8 weeks it wasn't working as well so the doctor said twice a day was fine
  • How far along are you? 34 +3

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Friday of this week- standard check

Cravings? fruit! Watermelon, pineapple, yum

Rants/Raves? The four flights of steel stairs to my office...seriously need a break halfway up. But, they are awesome about WFH- I have rarely done it, but know closer to the date I might need to more.

Questions for FTM, STM+? Nope

GTKY: What's something you've done at work before that would get you in trouble, nothing work specific, more fun? My DH and I met working at a summer camp, where 'dating' was not really allowed since it was through the Park District. So, we kept it quite for the summer. Especially since his sister was the Asst. director, and the director was my neighbor. He just assumed my now DH's car was out front of my house all the time that summer because we were work friends. 

TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • kvh22kvh22 member
    +1 for the acid reflux, although it's not painful. I'm not a fan of any of the foods that trigger heartburn so it's just be the reflux. I didn't realize they were so closely related and had been thinking that our LO would be bald (apparently the same hormones that cause heartburn promote hair growth in utero but same should be true for reflux w/o the pain).

How far along are you? 32 weeks

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Appointment coming up on Friday.

Cravings? Not really.

Rants/Raves? I washed all of the laundry I'd been waiting to do for the baby this weekend and made a huge dent in the nursery. I'm so excited, but now we need to reorganize the kitchen pantry and the bathroom vanity which will be less fun projects.

Questions for FTM, STMs? How will the doctors be able to tell which way the baby is (breech vs. heads down)? Will that definitely be an ultrasound or can they tell some other way? I know the baby is still shifting a lot right now so it doesn't matter yet but wondering for down the road.

GTKY: What's something you've done at work before that would get you in trouble, nothing work specific, more fun? I'm another pretty close rule follower. My boss is remote and has said she doesn't care if we work from the beach, as long as we get our work done (that's a bit of hyperbole). I definitely take advantage of the flexible work schedule to work from home, run errands and browse the internet (bump, baby things, wedding things previously) but I also work outside of business hours all the time and we have unlimited PTO so it all balances out. Sometimes pens and notebooks end up at home unintentionally, but I've definitely taken a few things of clorox wipes home intentionally. That's pretty lame, huh?

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• How far along are you? 31+2

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Have one this Thursday to follow up from our L&D visit last week.

Cravings? Sweets..

Rants/Raves? Rant:Had another round of contractions every 5-7 minutes this morning for a few hours. Since I just had the ffn test though that came back negative, I didn't want to call my doctor again. Thinking that I have an irritable uterus and that this is going to be the norm from here on out. As long as my cervix stays closed, we should be good. I'm also going to try and work from home more since the hour + commute via train doesn't help matters.
    Rave: I'm starting to get really excited for baby boy to get here. I feel like up until last week I was more terrified than anything else (labor, breastfeeding, not sleeping, etc). While I'm still nervous of the unknown, I'm just so looking forward to meeting this little guy and seeing what his personality is like. It's also starting to get more real now that meeting him is getting closer and closer! 

Questions for FTM, STM+? Anybody else deal with consistent contractions where everything ended up being fine?

GTKY: What's something you've done at work before that would get you in trouble, nothing work specific, more fun? Hmm...I've definitely slept at work before. Like legit went to an empty cube, laid on the floor, and slept. This was also at 2am though when working a night shift when I was absolutely exhausted. 
  • @Mango517 Sorry to hear last week was so bad for you. I'm glad this week is already better - that's a good start! Will they give you a growth scan to ease your mind about baby's development?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kvh22 the doctor should be able to tell by feeling your stomach. There's actually tutorials online about how to check yourself (thought I haven't been able to tell) 
  • @kvh22 DS flipped into a breech position a few days before I hit 37 weeks. I remember the huge movement. I went to the doctor that week and when she measured fundal height and was just feeling around with her hands, she said she was 99% sure he was. I'd also had a cervical check the day before at the hospital due to consistent contractions and she mentioned that she didn't feel his head then. They confirmed with an ultrasound. 
  • @jacksonbears I'm not washing the carrier. If it was the first thing I got, maybe. But I'm so over washing LO's things so I'm just not doing it!

@Kathryn0903 thinking of you! So crazy your LO could be here in two weeks! I feel you on the symptoms. We had a 5.5 hour drive home yesterday and my feet and hands were swelling more than normal, and I had a headache and just had a feeling of general malaise and I was freaking out about pre-e and I don't even have it. 

@littlebug2010 I'm glad you complained!!! Also SAME with the heartburn. It's terrible. 

@mrsjqg1024 so sorry you're having such regular contractions! Are they painful?

@kvh22 like @Kudlica27 said, they can tell from palpation. Depending on your belly/baby, you sometimes can tell as well. Here's a link to belly mapping yourself: https://www.mamanatural.com/how-to-do-belly-mapping/
    Hiccups can be a dead giveaway of head location as well. 

How far along are you? // 32 weeks tomorrow!

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? // Regular prenatal tomorrow. 

Cravings? STILL CHOCOLATE and fast food

Rants/Raves?
    Rave: We're officially approved for home birth! Hallelujah!!!!
    Rant: Restless legs and heartburn keep me up at night. As someone who NEEDS sleep, it's been torture. I've cried a lot. Plus my stretch marks are really making me insecure (not that anyone can see them other than DH, or that he even notices them, but man being a woman is hard) :/ 

Questions for FTM, STM+? // Same as @littlebug2010. I've never had heartburn until now; what's the best relief for it? Anything "natural"? Tums? Zantac? Is Zantac fast acting? If I remember to have an apple cider vinegar drink in the afternoon (ACV, club soda, some fruit juice) it helps significantly. But I forget that a lot :# I need immediate nighttime relief!

GTKY: What's something you've done at work before that would get you in trouble, nothing work specific, more fun? // When I had my own office, there was a period of a few weeks where I'd shut the door and take naps on the regular. I thought I was having blood sugar issues, but turns out I had MONO. Hello. Also, have definitely taken post-it note packs home. 

• @jacksonbears please don't wash anything on your car seat until you read what can actually be washed in the manual. Most car seats are REALLY restrictive on washing them. Like, no soaking the straps and spot cleaning a lot of the fabric. I've only washed DD's Tula once and it was after she spit up on it.

@Kathryn0903 we took DD grocery shopping around 2 weeks old. Beyond that, I don't remember the next big outing expect our error thinking we should take her to the state fair at 1.5 mos old in the hot August sun/weather. 

@littlebug2010 my heartburn flares at night as well. I was popping Tums when I woke up to acid but got sick of doing that a couple times a night. So I started taking Zantac before bedtime and haven't woken up to the acid since.  

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• How far along are you? 33+4

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Last week had my regular checkup. I gained weight which my Dr was happy about; last appointment I had lost almost 3 lbs and he wanted to see that reverse a bit.

Cravings? Sweets (candy especially)- weirds me out since I generally don't like them at all.

Rants/Raves? Had my baby shower Saturday and it was flawless. The ladies that threw it did an amazing job - I'm working on their thank-you gifts now. My mom came into town and didn't spend the whole time complaining like she usually does, which was a huge win!

Questions for FTM, STM+? When does the doctor check out things down below? Mine hasn't been down there since my first appointment and I'm curious as to if that's normal.

GTKY: What's something you've done at work before that would get you in trouble, nothing work specific, more fun? I colored an entire kids coloring book over the course of a month.  :D 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • caity024 said:

Questions for FTM, STM+? When does the doctor check out things down below? Mine hasn't been down there since my first appointment and I'm curious as to if that's normal.

Normal. They don't usually check your cervix until they have a reason to. Either you are having a lot of Braxton hicks and they want to see if it's doing anything or they have some other reason to check. They didn't check me out until 36 weeks last time. 
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    edited June 2017
    How far along are you? 33 weeks! Sorry for the late start - work had been nuts this week!

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?Nothing this week but last week was interesting. I'm on a blood thinner for migraines (I get bad neuro symptoms with them - had to have an MRI done after one in my first trimester) and apparently now I'll need to talk to the anesthesiologist about whether or not I can get an epidural...eek. Hopefully there isn't a problem.

Cravings? For some reason I've just been in go mode and have no food cravings - to the point I'm forgetting lunch, which is not good!

Rants/Raves? After a day like yesterday at work, for the first time I can really say I can't wait to leave work behind for a year!!!

Questions for FTM, STM+?

GTKY: What's something you've done at work before that would get you in trouble, nothing work specific, more fun? Sleeping! When I was a student and it was a clean up week I would go off and find a nice place to sleep the night shift away...now being a HR Manager for a manufacturing plant, I chuckle when we find guys sleeping. 

edited to add words to sentences so they make sense!!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @Kathryn0903 I am having the same struggle with staying mentally/emotionally ready for the actual birth. If I get good sleep and don't have too much stress, I am ok, but yesterday, if I had gone into labor, I would have ended up with a c-section from pure exhaustion. I'm going to have to be careful the next few weeks to not get too tired (ie. not do much).

@caity024 I asked my midwife about checking my cervix, and she said she never would unless I end up getting an epidural. She said it's totally not necessary. Very interesting!

How far along are you? 35 weeks today

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Last week. Measuring 34 cm. Gained 3lbs which my midwife thought was water weight given the size of my ankles in this heat. Babe is head down, facing back. She thinks he will stay that way now because it is very hard to turn the head against gravity.

Cravings? So much icecream. I ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's Americone Dream last night. 

Rants/Raves? Rant: gas, belching, heart burn, insomnia, restless legs, pain in upper abdomen and whole back. God, I am a whiner. But I feel like shit half the time.

Questions for FTM, STM+? Not this week.

GTKY: What's something you've done at work before that would get you in trouble, nothing work specific, more fun? Besides shopping online? Paying bills etc. Nothing too exciting. I have totally fallen asleep under my desk, but I don't think I would have gotten in trouble because I was pretty sick, but covering for people, so I was just trying to get through the day to get home and was basically doing my job a favor by staying even if I was asleep under my desk. :smile:
  • @Kathryn0903 how did they diagnose the preecclampsia?  Did you talk to them about the swelling and headaches or did they mention something?

@littlebug2010 I wonder what she even means by your belly looking “strange”?  My baby was totally on my right side at my last appt and my belly was visibly lopsided and the NP just goes “oh it’s hanging out over here right now!”  … So even though my stomach did look weird, she still made it sound totally normal.  I would not be happy with the OB if they said that so I’m glad that you complained and that the clinic is aware of the OB’s bedside manner!

@DeansGirl14 I love watching drama fights haha.  It’s like reality tv right in front of you!

@Feliciosity I hope you’re able to draw a hard line on visitors.  I feel lucky almost that my closest family is 2,100 miles away so no one will be able to just drop in at the hospital.  Also, our hospital has an option to give a list of “allowed” or a list of “absolutely not allowed” people and then they monitor the people coming in and out.  Maybe your hospital will do that and only allow the parents and close family and friends?

@secicc12 sorry about all the monitoring for the high BP, but I’m glad that you’re so close to the hospital and can work at home!  I’m super jealous of that ability!

@Mango517 Did they make any recommendations for you to gain some more weight?  Sorry that you felt it wasn’t the best but hopefully you got to hear the heartbeat and know that baby is healthy in there!

@kvh22 at my last appt, I asked the NP how and when they’ll check the position and she said they can feel around and tell.  She poked around and was able to tell me that at 32 weeks the baby was head down.  Obviously, this can change but it was nice to know that baby is at least currently doing what it’s supposed to!

@mrsjqg1024 I’m sorry about the contractions.  Do you notice if they come more when dehydrated or over working?  I notice I cramp more when my water intake is down so I have to focus on drinking a lot of water to get them to subside.

@mrsmatt1212 I have stretch marks already, too, and I think they are SO NOTICEABLE.  But DH just laughs and either actually can barely notice them or he’s a good liar

• @mrsmatt1212, I've been asking 20mg Pepcid 1-2 times a day. It has been a lifesaver!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?  33+1

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?  Last week I had my 32 week appt and it went well.  Baby is head down according to the nurse and my weight gain took a break--which is good since my glucose results were less than ideal

Cravings?  In the warm weather I really want fruit and smoothies but I'm limiting my sugar so I try to not go crazy!

Rants/Raves?  DH is gone this week for work and then this weekend we have holiday plans and then next weekend my sister, BIL, and nephew are coming into town.  For some reason, I feel like I need all baby stuff done before this--which totally isn't feasible to get it done alone this week haha.  We don't have a ton left to do, but I go through waves of panic that I'm not going to be prepared!

Questions for FTM, STM+?  I'm going to Google this, but I was curious if anyone had heard before if going into labor early or late is genetic at all?  My mom and my older sister both had their first kids early (2 weeks and 1 week, respectively) so I just feel like I should expect this baby early, but I have no science backing up this claim

GTKY: What's something you've done at work before that would get you in trouble, nothing work specific, more fun?  At my first job, I printed all of my wedding programs off the colored printer there.  Kinkos colored copies are so expensive!  I did them over the span of a week so I wasn't doing 250 at one time :) 
  • @mokay19 I totally printed stuff for the wedding at work as well! 10 here, 20 there...oopsies! As for the going early thing, I was born at 37 weeks and keep mentioning it and people just laugh at me and tell me to keep dreaming. Soooo maybe not genetic lol. 
  • @mokay19 My mom had all four of us late (including twins). One of my sisters has had her kids the week prior to her EDD or on their EDD (**TW** she also delivered a set of twins very early and they did not live **End TW**). My other sister was induced early so not a good example. Me, I was induced with DD late. So, based solely on us four females in my family, we have varied.

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @mokay19 I wish I knew what she meant. I started off over weight, with a bit of a pooch,
    so it does give my belly a bit of an odd shape, but she should be able to tell the difference, cus I sure can. She also said that by looking she couldn't tell if baby was head down or not, but we know he is based of ultrasound. She is super strange, and I just hope she's not there next time. 
    IVF started Feb 2020
  • @JWatt5
    I've been on blood thinners (lovenox) for this whole pregnancy and last and you can have an epidural....you just have to have your last dose of blood thinners 24 hours before the epidural.

So it is all about timing. We plan an induction for me (due to some other health issues too) but then you just stop taking the meds 24 hours before and it isn't a problem. They can also put you on a shorter acting med for the last few weeks too.
  • @mokay19 it's kinda crazy how the preeclampsia was discovered. I had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and they were worried about baby's heart rate, so they hooked me up to a NST. My blood pressure was high at the time, but I have white coat syndrome and thought it was just due to me being hooked up to something new as my BP had been fine all week at home. They were concerned about my BP and baby's heart rate so I was sent to the hospital for additional monitoring. My blood pressure stayed higher and there was protein in my urine so I was diagnosed then. Ever since I've had higher blood pressure at both the office and home, but no protein in my urine since so they're just calling it mild preeclampsia. I have noticed more swelling and headaches now, but I may be just more paranoid now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 30+6

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go? Standard heartbeat check last week. My blood pressure is good, which is a relief. Next week, I start weekly appts/ultrasounds, since I had high blood pressure before pregnancy. It'll be nice to see LO, but I'm also team green, so there's only so much I want to see. 

Cravings? Yesterday, I really wanted Taco Bell, so I had it. Today, it's strawberries, which is much better!

Rants/Raves? Rant: I had to break down and buy 2 pairs of flip flops last week in a bigger size. Feet are swelling up and look ugly.
    Rave: Two of my co-workers told me this morning that I've been the cutest/most pleasant pregnant woman. That I've been glowing, my smile is brighter, and I've never complained! It was really sweet! I know I've been lucky to feel so great and actually enjoy being pregnant, but it's nice that other people haven't seen me as a miserable pregnant woman haha

Questions for FTM, STM+? I've been getting recommendations for a pediatrician's office, and plan to set up a prenatal appointment soon. What are some things I should ask/look for to make sure it's a good fit?

GTKY: What's something you've done at work before that would get you in trouble, nothing work specific, more fun? Some of my coworkers and I have a text group where we talk a lot of shit. It would definitely get us in trouble. Years ago, in my wilder days and during a touch breakup, I came to work pretty hungover a few times. I worked night shift, so there weren't a lot of people around to notice, but I would go to the bathroom several times to puke or take little five minute naps to get through the shift. I would never do that now! 

Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • @Kathryn0903 that is crazy but I'm glad that they detected it so they can monitor you and baby properly! 
  • @MrsVP614 all I really checked for with our pedi is that they required vaccines on a regular schedule. 

Other things that are important to me that they do are answer the phone (no automated stuff), return calls if the receptionist or nurse need to consult with a doctor or nurse practitioner, and returning calls from on call doctor after hours. Some offices have evening hours a couple nights a week and coverage on weekends or holidays. Ours doesn't but there's a children's healthcare of Atlanta nearby they recommend when they're closed. You may also want to ask what hospital they have rights at. Also, if you find you don't like them, it's not impossible to switch.

• JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @belmont1785 - Thank you! I'm on Lovenox as well and a low dose aspirin so that really good to know. That's probably why they want to do the consult with me and said something about planned inducement date if I really want the option to have one.
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @mokay19 Doesn't seem to matter how much water I'm chugging or what I'm doing, they just come on anyway. When I had my episode last Thursday, I had drank almost a gallon of water that day and had been lying on my left side for about an hour before the consistent contractions started coming on. Who knows. This might just be the norm for me here on out. I have a follow up with my doctor tomorrow and we'll see if they want me to start doing anything different. 
  • @mrsjqg1024 sorry that the normal remedies haven't helped! Hopefully they'll be able to shed someone light on what's going on and if/how to prevent it