May 2017 Moms

Roll call & GTKY

mrsrep123mrsrep123 member
edited June 2017 in May 2017 Moms
Hey May Ladies! I'm curious who is still participating here, even if lurking more these days, and would like to do a quick check in.

1. How old is your baby and/or how many weeks postpartum are you?

2. Did you have a boy, girl, or both?

3. What and how are you feeding your baby?

4. We are all working moms, but do you work "out of the house" or "at home"?

5. If you work out of the house, what do you do? When do you return to work? What we your childcare plans?

6. Do you have other children? Ages? Fur babies? Type and Ages?

7. What is/are your favorite thing/things (so far) about being a new mom or mom of multiples?

8. Add anything else...

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

Re: Roll call & GTKY

• Loading the player...
  • @mrsrep123 how do you like that formula? I bought a small can to have in case we need it. Its weird they label it as toddler formula. I get why, but it makes you second guess giving it to a baby.
  • lrwardrop said:
    @mrsrep123 how do you like that formula? I bought a small can to have in case we need it. Its weird they label it as toddler formula. I get why, but it makes you second guess giving it to a baby.
    @lrwardrop we love it. No issues at all. When I was done pumping with DS1 we did TONS of research on formula and this was the clear front runner for us. I was thrown off by the "toddler formula" written on the can, but our pediatrician said to compare nutritional labels to infant formulas and they're the same in terms of calories per 1oz. How did you come across it?

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• 1. How old is your baby and/or how many weeks postpartum are you?
    -baby is 5 weeks old

-boy

-Breastfeeding, pumping,and supplementing with formula. I'm only getting 2-4 ounces of breast milk when pumping together. Sometimes he's still hungry after eating on both sides, so we have to supplement. I'm cool with it now. 

- out the house

5. If you work out of the house, what do you do? When do you return to work? What we your childcare plans?
    -I work as a PCT at a local hospital. I go back July 18. I work only 3 days a week, but I don't want to leave my baby to go back
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @mrsrep123 I found it after spending way too many hours on google comparing formulas. 
  • 1. How old is your baby and/or how many weeks postpartum are you? 3 weeks

2. Did you have a boy, girl, or both? Girl

3. What and how are you feeding your baby? EBF 

4. We are all working moms, but do you work "out of the house" or "at home"? I was out, now sahm

I did manage a jewelry store, transistioning into being a sahm 

6. Do you have other children? Ages? Fur babies? Type and Ages? two dogs and one cat

7. What is/are your favorite thing/things (so far) about being a new mom or mom of multiples? I love her sweet face and the expressions she makes 

8. Add anything else...We are working on getting our routines together. 
  • I know I kind of fell off the face of the earth when DS was born and wasn't really that active before hand but I truly do miss you ladies and keep up on the board even if lurking!

1. How old is your baby and/or how many weeks postpartum are you?
    8 weeks

Boy

Supplementing breast feeding with formula at the moment

Currently I am working at home but starting to do a few hours a week back at the office.

I am working from home and have been since LO was 2 weeks old. I have started going back to the office a couple of hours a week and will gradually ease back into full time. Luckily childcare is taken care of between both grandmas so that is great!

6. Do you have other children? Ages? Fur babies? Type and Ages?
    Just two fur babies besides LO. Two dogs, both mixes, 5 and 4/3 (exact age not known he was adopted).

7. What is/are your favorite thing/things (so far) about being a new mom or mom of multiples?
    I just love watching him grow! He is starting to have "conversations" now and smiles regularly and it is so awesome to see him keep improving!

8. Add anything else...
    Love being a mom but am finding less time for things for myself, such as checking this board! Hope everyone is doing well!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How old is your baby and/or how many weeks postpartum are you? 6wks...almost 7

2. Did you have a boy, girl, or both? Girl

3. What and how are you feeding your baby? EBF

Out if the house.

I'm a teacher, I plan to return to work in September. My MIL will watch her and DS a couple days a week and daycare.

6. Do you have other children? Ages? Fur babies? Type and Ages? Yes, 2 1/2, boy and my cat, James, around 5yrs

7. What is/are your favorite thing/things (so far) about being a new mom or mom of multiples? I love watching my DS with DD.

8. Add anything else...
    I wish I could figure out why she cries when I've gone through the checklist of what could be wrong and she's still crying.
  • . How old is your baby and/or how many weeks postpartum are you? 6 weeks! (It's going so fast!)

2. Did you have a boy, girl, or both? Boy

3. What and how are you feeding your baby? About half pumped milk and half formula. Some days it's more 2/3 BM and 1/3 formula. We attempt breastfeeding before feeds and on demand with very mixed results, but even when he nurses well he doesn't seem to get a ton out.

4. We are all working moms, but do you work "out of the house" or "at home"? I am a nurse and will be going back part time, working every other weekend while DH watches the baby. 

5. If you work out of the house, what do you do? When do you return to work? What we your childcare plans? See above. Not looking forward to the return. I'm nervous about being able to pump every 3 hours.

6. Do you have other children? Ages? Fur babies? Type and Ages? We have two dogs (rott/hound and German Shepherd), two cats, and a fish.

7. What is/are your favorite thing/things (so far) about being a new mom or mom of multiples? So many things! Cuddles, smiles, all the sounds he makes, his smells (even the bad ones!), his facial expressions, nursing...

8. Add anything else... I feel like a different person some days and in some ways. I wasn't prepared for that.
  • MTB16MTB16 member

1. How old is your baby and/or how many weeks postpartum are you? 7 weeks today

3. What and how are you feeding your baby? EBF with 1 pumped bottle a day. I'm thinking about switching to EP, but I'm feeling guilt and logistical issues/questions about that

4. We are all working moms, but do you work "out of the house" or "at home"? Out

5. If you work out of the house, what do you do? When do you return to work? What we your childcare plans? Lawyer returning to work September 18 in 10 weeks. We are hiring a nanny, first interview is in 2 weeks! 

6. Do you have other children? Ages? Fur babies? Type and Ages? 2 cats, they are great big brothers

7. What is/are your favorite thing/things (so far) about being a new mom or mom of multiples? I love looking at this perfect baby and knowing he's healthy and feeling so lucky to have him. 

8. Add anything else...
    i had no idea how much I would dislike the newborn phase, this is not for me and we are pretty sure we are 1 and done. I'm also feeling very guilty over hating BF'ing. It's awful, he won't/can't latch and we are at the mercy of nipple shields. I want to switch to EP'ing but that has its own logistics problems. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• 1. How old is your baby and/or how many weeks postpartum are you? 8.5 weeks already!

2. Did you have a boy, girl, or both? Boy, Henry James Archer

3. What and how are you feeding your baby? We're down to 95% formula. I pump a whopping 0.25oz a session, if I'm lucky, and while its really not worth it, I cant bring myself to quit yet.

4. We are all working moms, but do you work "out of the house" or "at home"? Out of the house

5. If you work out of the house, what do you do? When do you return to work? What we your childcare plans? I just went back last Friday. I work in business development for a Fortune 500 company. My Mom watches Henry during the day.

6. Do you have other children? Ages? Fur babies? Type and Ages? Quincy, the 9 year old schnauzer

7. What is/are your favorite thing/things (so far) about being a new mom or mom of multiples? Baby cuddles, having a perfect little baby, just getting to be his Mom.

8. Add anything else...

Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • I've been off for a while, but I'm still here. 

1. How old is your baby and/or how many weeks postpartum are you? Tommy will be 10 weeks on Friday. 

3. What and how are you feeding your baby? Breast milk from my boob as often as he wants, and we try bottle shots periodically to keep them familiar for daycare next month. 

4. We are all working moms, but do you work "out of the house" or "at home"? I'm a teacher, so I'm off for the summer. 

5. If you work out of the house, what do you do? When do you return to work? What we your childcare plans? I'll be using a child care center that is only for employees of my school district. They are only open on contract days and charge accordingly. 

6. Do you have other children? Ages? Fur babies? Type and Ages? I have a 5 year old toy poodle, a foster Pekingese that is probably 13 or 14, 2 bunnies and a hedgehog. 

7. What is/are your favorite thing/things (so far) about being a new mom or mom of multiples? I love the kisses, naptime snuggles, and baby smiles. I rarely put Tommy down. He sleeps best in my arms, so I hold him during naps.