August 2017 Moms

Weekend Randoms 6/24-6/25

What's going on this weekend?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekend Randoms 6/24-6/25

• Going down today to visit DH's mother. This should be interesting as they don't always have a great relationship. Then going to a party to celebrate one of DH's friends getting their PhD. Tomorrow going to a baby shower for a friend also due in August.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are headed to one of the biggest car shows in the nation this weekend (called back to the 50s) at MN state fairgrounds. People literally drive here from every state for It. My husband is the one who really enjoys it. I don't always go...but since the weather is nice and not ten thousand degrees I decided to tag along.

Otherwise I plan on getting some nursing clothes and bras ordered and maybe shop for a coming home outfit.
  • Loading the player...
  • tova24tova24 member
    @belmont1785 your weekend plans sound great!
    @Kathryn0903 have fun at the baby shower!

I'm going to stay in all weekend. I started rereading the Harry Potter series. If I'm really feeling ambitious, I might wash my car! 
  • We are going to a neighbors birthday party.  DS can see the bounce house from our house, it is going to be a long 6 hours until the party starts.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    I was supposed to help my brother and sister in law move by watching their baby but DS came down with strep yesterday. Poor kid can't catch a break! So I'm home taking care of him and trying to clean the house as much as I can to kill the germs.
  • Picked up my online grocery order this morning. They were so disorganized, and had seriously screwed up some orders  (they were replacing the ladies' order next to me, and gave her a $250 gift card  :o ). I caught some stuff in my order that was missing, but I still have to go through the receipt. Ordering online is supposed to make it easier (insert eye roll). 
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    @PinkPrincessPiper I totally wouldn't mind the 250 gift card though lol
  • @LSP87 Hope your DS feels better soon!
    @lewliv What a beautiful view, enjoy getting that tan!

I am finally cleaning out the office of all my school things, feels so good! So really just cleaning/organizing, nothing too fancy but it'll be great to get it all done
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    Worked for a few hours this AM and then ILs are coming up this afternoon. Tomorrow I'm hoping to go to Ikea to buy DD's new bed so we can finally do the big bed switch -- DD gets a new bed, DS gets DD's mattress/boxspring on floor, and the new baby will get DS's toddler bed turned back into a crib. Also hoping to go to the pool!
    BabyFruit Ticker

#1 - DD: 7/5/12
    #2 - DS: 5/21/14
    #3 - EDD: 8/25/17

• lewlivlewliv member
    @LSP87 I'm sorry about your son. I hope he feels well soon
  • I went to a farmers market with DH and the doggies. It's held at a marina so we took a nice walk along the beach, too. I'm now hiding in the basement because it's over 80 degrees and my body doesn't know how to cope. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Kathryn0903 hopefully your visit with the MIL goes well. We can only be at the inlaws house for an hour before we have to leave because DH has such a strained relationship with his parents. 
  • We saw the new transformers movie last night and going to see the mummy later this afternoon. Then going to my dads for dinner tomorrow night since his birthday is Wednesday. Plans to clean inside and outside keebgetting delayed because we'd rather just hang out with the dogs outside lol. But hey, DH mowed the yard yesterday so there's a start. 
  • Feeling so productive today! Washed a bunch of crib/changing pad sheets, some newborn clothes, swaddle blankets, etc.. Got our car seat install inspected and now DH is deep cleaning the carpets upstairs. Hopefully just relaxing outside and grilling tomorrow.. our UO Thursday made me want hotdogs so that is a definite possibility. 

@Kathryn0903 Hope the visit with MIL went well. Have fun at the shower tomorrow!

@LSP87 That sucks.. I hope DS is feeling better and your day wasn't too miserable. 

@livlew JEALOUS. Where is that? Looks amazing! 

@tova24 Add ice cream to that reading marathon and you have my dream scenario. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    @secicc12, I'm jealous of your baby productivity! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @OTmom3 Honestly hearing everyone's updates from last weekend kicked my butt in high gear! I've done nothing up to this point- ha. 

@SouthernMama15 So cute! Love the Mickey shirts ;)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12 thanks! Target for the win!
  • DH starts out the day by asking me to help him stain DD's home built sandbox. I had to remind him that stain has fumes so I couldn't help, darn! So instead I played with DD outside since the weather was finally in the 70's. DH took DD for a bike ride (she's in a Burley bike trailer) since she's been wanting to go all year. I took her a lot last year but obviously can't being pregnant. While they did that, I went and got more Zantac since I just took my last one. Tomorrow will be church and then putting the sandbox together and filling it with 800 lbs of sand!

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• tova24tova24 member
    @SouthernMama15 love the t shirts!!!
    @bumpybump good luck with the sandbox! 
    @secicc12 you are like fricken Wonder Woman!!!
    @lewliv that beach looks amazing!

• I was actually productive! Put together my hostess gifts for my shower next weekend,  made up the nurses goodies for the hospital, got myself partly packed, and pulled together LO stuff for the laundry so whatever we get at the shower next weekend we will have a load ready to go.
     Tonight we did a real date night at a Hibachi place we love. Tomorrow = finishing the 'underwater' wall in the nursery.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • lewlivlewliv member
    @secicc12 Cape May, NJ
  • I've had a low key weekend because I was having some preterm labor signs. I spent Friday night in L&D and the monitors were picking up pretty regular contractions.  The OB cleared me to go home because my cervix wasn't changing from the contractions, but last night I timed them about 5 minutes apart for a couple hours.  This pregnancy is so difficult, I don't know when to take things seriously or not. So now I'm laying on my couch thinking of the vacuuming I need to do and willing it to do itself. 
  • @taylormarie923 oh no! Have the contractions stopped now? Hope you've been able to rest!
  • @taylormarie923 thinking of you and the babies!

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @taylormarie923 Thinking of you. Hope you're still at home getting some rest (and not vacuuming)! <3
  • @taylormarie923 how far along are you now?    My twins water (twin a) broke at 29 weeks and they kept me in hospital until I finally delivered at 34 weeks
  • @taylormarie923 thinking good thoughts!! 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @taylormarie923 no contractions at all!   Just woke up in the middle of the night to a gush.   I had been out of work since 24 weeks due to high blood pressure (which I haven't had at all this pregnancy) and luckily I didn't go into labor or develop an infection so I stayed pregnant until they induced me at 34.   Also, every minute of that hospital stay was worth it!   Twins are amazing!
  • tova24tova24 member
    @taylormarie923 sending good thoughts to you and babies!
  • OTmom3OTmom3 member
    Best of luck @taylormarie923! I was kept in the hospital over night with very frequent contractions at 33 weeks with my first born but was given a shot and had no change in my cervix either. I was put on modified bed rest after that until 36 weeks. Were you put on any activity restrictions?
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @OTmom3 they didn't put me in any restrictions. I'm going to talk with my OB about it and see what she suggests.  I am taking it easy now, let the roomba handle my house cleaning this week.  ;)